Makeup Play: Olive Eyes, Coral Lips

coral-look I’m so excited to work on my “rusty eye look” with your suggestions in tow but will leave you with this FOTD first. Remember those “I think I look good in this” shades I talked about in the previous entry? Yup, one of those is olive. I think olive tones look good on my eyes and against my skintone. Corals though, are hit-or-miss for me. I mean, what is a true coral even? Some corals have the tendency to pull out the yellow on my skin (and teeth! I mean, my teeth are yellow enough) too much that it makes me look like I’ve chugged down a gallon of carrot juice (too much beta-coraltene. k, you can slap me now)It’s quite evident in my MAC lipstick swatch entry that I don’t lean towards the color too much even if I find one too many coral lipstick shades irresistibly beautiful. coral-look-2Bcoral-look-asian-fotd Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird. One of my all-time favorite RBR shades not only because it’s one the creamiest, melds-in-your-eyes, blends-by-itself shades from the bunch but also ‘cos it’s a chameleon of a color. Sometimes, the olive tones come out. Other times, the golden bronze shade overpowers it. Either way, I always seem to like how it ends up looking every single time. Dior Coral Cruise Blush. I reviewed it here during Blush Week and while I wasn’t wow-ed by it at first (because I always used it too lightly), I now completely think otherwise. I swear, there is something in this shade that makes me look so.. fresh in an instant. That it makes me look like I smell sooo good even if I hadn’t actually showered in two days. Not regretting I picked this one up at all. Do I also smell a new blush obsession? Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Surreal Sun. A cream lipstick with major color pay-off? I’m impressed. However, I didn’t think I would grow to like Surreal Sun at all because the shade makes my yellow teeth look yellower. But when I paired this with Coral Cruise… BAM. I was over, above and beyond the moon that I’ve discovered a coral duo made in coral heaven. Rouge Bunny Rouge Unforgettable Oriole. Just a supporting role this time for UO. I just used it as a highlighter below my brow bones instead of using it on the inner half of my lid, which is my usual way of wearing it. I’m slowly scrimping on this because it’s one of my most-used eyeshadows – that I don’t want to hit pan on soon. Benefit They’re Real Push-up Liner. Very lightly, I just worked this in very near the lashline/almost on the upper waterline that it doesn’t even look like it’s there. Not my usual way of wearing it as well because I wanted AbCat to take center stage. And that’s it! Just wanted to share this look I wore a few days back that I liked (even the husband approves and he doesn’t really pay attention too much on my makeup.. or so I think).

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies who shared your tips and tricks on how to wear Lorac Garnet. I’ve never been more excited to wear a shade I don’t like at all on me.  Haha! If you haven’t left your own tips/tricks/suggestions yet, feel free to do so still!

1. September 16, 2014 / 1:14 am

And you are so right! This is indeed totally you! 🙂 Love that blush Shari hadn’t paid attention to it before but look how stunning it is on you! 🙂

• September 22, 2014 / 10:25 pm

Eeeh thanks Divy!! I love that you think this is a “totally me” look! 🙂 I dismissed this blush the first time I tried it but now that I’ve been using it again (with a heavier hand), I think I loveee it!

2. September 16, 2014 / 1:15 am

Haha this is definitely a pairing that I enjoy IMMENSELY! I love Abyssinian Catbird as well. It’s my first RBR eyeshadow, and it has certainly fueled my obsession with the brand! Surreal Sun looks SO good on you!

• September 22, 2014 / 10:42 pm

I may or may not have worn this combo for three days straight haha :)) Abcat is one of my first RBR shadows too and I will always love it 🙂 I think it’s the only olive eyeshadow I have as well??

3. September 16, 2014 / 3:32 am

I still haven’t tried any RBR eyeshadows. ^_^ I’m lemming the palette that just came out. Will you be getting that one?

Pretty look as always, Shari! I like the smokey eyes and bright lips combo! This type of coral really suits you! 😀

• September 22, 2014 / 10:43 pm

You must try at least one RBR shadow and blush, Jaa!! 🙂 I might be getting the RBR palette that just came out, yes! Just waiting for an online stockist that ships here to have it on hand 🙂 And thank you thank you for the sweet comments!! 🙂

4. September 16, 2014 / 5:21 am

That eye shade really is gorgeous on you! And how pretty is that coral blush?! 🙂

• September 22, 2014 / 10:44 pm

Thanks Jenn! Kisses :*

5. jgpangi
    September 16, 2014 / 6:34 am

Guerlain!!! You know, I don’t even know how to use that stuff, but I still want it? I’ll probably never even use it, just keep it on my vanity and unscrew the cap every once in a while to eye-cuddle the pastel prettyness.

AbCat looks sooo beautiful on you, and the overall combo works really well.

• September 22, 2014 / 10:46 pm

Hi Jill!! I finally know your name. So sorry for the oversight at the blog sale – I feel bad 🙁 Huhu. We should’ve chatted more! I think I was kinda sleepy pa that time (long night prior) and hadn’t had coffee yet sooo yes, was super aloof 😐 Anyway, thank you for the compliments! Hee. I know what you mean about not knowing how to use them but will want to keep them on your vanity – I think I bought a few things before just because of that haha. I’d like to think I’m a bit smarter now ;))

6. Coco
    September 16, 2014 / 9:07 am

Coral is your color when it comes to blush! x

• September 22, 2014 / 10:46 pm

Thanks Coco!!! 🙂 Just recently realized that too :*

• September 22, 2014 / 10:47 pm

Thanks Zoe!

7. September 16, 2014 / 1:34 pm

This looks so chic and fabulous on you! Love the olive and the coral, especially that gorgeous blush from Dior!

• September 22, 2014 / 10:47 pm

It’s a surprise love, didn’t really care for it when I first got it but then I applied it too sheerly 😐

8. September 16, 2014 / 4:29 pm

I agree with the title! you do look good 😀
    love the coral lippie and also the olive eye look, suit you very well! ^^

• September 22, 2014 / 10:48 pm

Awww thanks Pam :)) LOL @ the narcissistic title, I’m sorry for that :)) But we all have those shades we know suit us right?

9. September 16, 2014 / 5:03 pm

You do look good in it! Abyssinian Catbird looks soooo posh.

• September 22, 2014 / 10:48 pm

Masyado ba narcissistic? haha. Thanks Tellz!

September 16, 2014 / 6:43 pm

Beautiful! I agree that there are shades that just flatter you like a mofo but some just don’t do it for you. So… Experiment galore!! How are you liking that RBR Illuminator?

• September 22, 2014 / 10:51 pm

AGREE. I’ve just recently realized that coral blush may kick out peachy-pinks as my top favorite blush shade 🙂 The RBR illuminator is BEST combined with the EL Double Wear foundation which is super flat dry matte. It gives me a frikkin skin-like glow. Even the husband noticed that I was having an ‘extra good skin day’ when I wore it the first time.

11. September 16, 2014 / 9:21 pm

So gorgeous! I absolutely love the coral lips on you! Personally I adore corals and peachy-pinks, I feel like the warm tones go really well with my yellow-y complexion.

Tasha // shiwashiful.

• September 22, 2014 / 10:52 pm

Thanks Tasha for thinking so! :* And I agree, I like warm tones on me too! Cool-toned blushes? Currently gathering dust on my drawers 🙁

• September 22, 2014 / 10:52 pm

Thanks, Holllie! :*

12. September 17, 2014 / 7:50 am

hahahah coraltene. 😛 i’m slowly getting into coral too. i use to hate the colour before but somehow..i seem more drawn to it lately! the coral colour brightens your cheeks quite nicely!

i’m a fan of olive too. but actually, i love using olive colour liner on my lower lash line.

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• September 22, 2014 / 10:52 pm

I shall try olive liner on the lower lash line 🙂 But then again, I dont think I have an olive liner 🙁 Which one do you have? I shall look into it. Thanks jenn!!

13. September 17, 2014 / 9:35 pm

Catbird reminds me of Chanel’s mirage. Very pretty look Shari! I hear what youre saying about coral lipsticks and yellow teeth but theyre so prettyyyy Ill take the slightly yellower looking teeth lol. No ones holding a shade card against our teeth in real life I think it looks gorgeous on you.

• September 22, 2014 / 11:24 pm

“No ones holding a shade card against our teeth in real life” – LOVET!! Yes, I shall think about this when I hesitate to whip out the corals! 🙂 Thanks Dee!!