The Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tints

clinique-baby-tint6B

The Clinique Chubby Sticks have been on my radar for the longest but no shade (from the Original and Intense versions) really called out to me so I passed. I realized I’ve never really given Clinique makeup the attention it deserves in this blog as I’ve only talked about the Cheek Pop in Berry Pop and glossed over the Lash Feathering Mascara which I’m about to finish up in a month or so.

Clinique makeup doesn’t seem so sexy and exciting because of the lab coat-wearing SAs in their counters that project a more scientific approach. But having tried a few of their items from their makeup range, I think they are one of the more underrated brands in the blogging world.

cliniquebabytintcliniquebabytint2 cliniquebabytint3clinique-baby-tint7

The Lowdown

These Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tints are the thinner, low-calorie versions of the original Chubby Sticks. As such, they are sheer and only aim to bring out the natural tone of your lips. Like my all-time favorite balm, the Dior Lip Glow – these baby tints mix with your lips’ natural chemistry to produce a customized shade (especially for you!) that still looks natural but more “alive”. So to make it even simpler, these are essentially tinted lip balms that promise to deliver hefty (get it?) moisture. What I like about these pH-reacting balms is they don’t look like much when you put them on but after about 5-10 minutes sitting on your lips, the shades transform to this subtle pop of color that err, “juicifies” them. Like you just ate watermelon and forgot to wipe your lips. But then there are so many pH-reacting lip products out in the market! Who needs another one? Well, what sets the Baby Tints apart from all the others, I guess, is their nourishing formula which includes Vitamin C, Shea Butter, Mango Seed Butter and Jojoba Seed Oil. Yezzir, they packed all those moisture-inducing ingredients in these not-so-chubby chubby sticks. clinique-baby-tint8 First, let me just say that I debated whether to include those swatches above because umm… LIP BALM SWATCHES. What in the hale. Have I lost my mind? Who swatches lip balms!! But then again these are tinted so I felt like I needed to. I was just confused for a minute there as I looked at my arm after swatching and thought, “Did I just swatch a lip balm?” The shades are quite self-explanatory. Poppin’ Poppy has a slight coral tinge while Coming Up Rosy is a pinkish red. Then again, I find it quite pointless explaining the shades because these will all look different on everyone, anyway. Doncha worry, I won’t leave you with my laughable lip balm swatches. I’ve been wearing these Baby Tints almost every single time I don’t wear lipstick… which is often nowadays. So here’s how they look on me: clinique-baby-tintsB clinique-baby-tint2B

Some Final Thoughts

* PHP900+ for a tinted lip balm is yowwch. But if you are low-maintenance in terms of lip products (not into lipstick, not into bold colors) and just want an everyday lip treatment/balm that amps up the tint of your lips into a non-offensive yet juicy-licious shade while at it – then this is worth having. * I would say 900 is a bit too much for something so sheer but then again, I paid almost double for my Dior Lip Glow and I’ve proclaimed the thing almost HG status. So this Clinique balm is quite a “bargain” if I compare it with that one. But still.. *Also, I don’t think there’s a need to get all the shades because these two almost sort of look the same on my lips, with just a tiny hint of orange peeking out of Poppin’ Poppy. Formula is indeed moisturizing, but not to the point that it feels overly greasy on the lips making you feel like you just want to wipe it all off. Nope. It sets a bit after a while and just appears demi-matte with a slight sheen. If I were to choose between this and a Chubby Stick (Original or Intense version) that costs just the same, I’d have to go with the Intense version (even the Original) because they can be more versatile in terms of wear (blotted down or amped up for a fuller look).

Have you tried any of these or the Clinique Chubby Sticks? Do share your thoughts below, guys!

1. September 18, 2014 / 6:40 am

Hey Shari, I have Coming Up Rosy and I like it quite a bit! I think it’s a great alternative for Dior Lip Glow, which has a more painful price tag. I love how both look on you!

2. September 18, 2014 / 7:38 am

Nice picks for a low-maintenance lip sort of day! Very pretty on you, though I’m not sure about the price 😉

3. September 18, 2014 / 11:06 am

Seems pretty pointless to me. People griped about the lack of pigment with the Originals so we rejoiced with the Intense. Now I feel like the Tints are a step back but I guess Clinique knows its market better than I do (ako pa ‘tong nagfeeling dito :)) )

4. Lily
    September 18, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Hhmmm… I’m not sure about these. I love my Dior Lip Glow but it packs on more pigmentation for sure. It’s not cheap either and for tinted lip balms, Burt’s Bees work quite well and have beautiful colour selection 🙂

5. September 18, 2014 / 12:46 pm

I really love Comin’ Up Rosy! It’s a nice rose shade although I wish it were a tad more pigmented! They both look fabulous on you Shari!

6. September 18, 2014 / 1:52 pm

I’ve been meaning to try the Clinique chubby sticks! But I’m really more of a lipstick girl and I like them really pigmented.

Also, LOVE the new sidebar photo, Shari! So pretty! 🙂

7. September 18, 2014 / 4:36 pm

I have a feeling these are never going to show up on my permanently stained lips! 😛 I can seriously pay double of that for Dior than get something which is just clear balm on me!

September 18, 2014 / 5:41 pm

Hmmmm… doesnt seem that great… Hurraw lipbalms are the best!!!

9. September 18, 2014 / 5:54 pm

Hmmm I think they are too sheer for a tinted lip balm.. I’d rather go for the original chubby stick because they offer more color.. I am a fan of the chubby stick formula because they are really hydrating ^^

10. September 18, 2014 / 7:18 pm

just because i have so many blushes already these aren’t really calling out to me though i am slightly curious about how i’ll actually apply and use them. i feel like this format wouldn’t be fore me actually. the only stick version of makeup i actually reach for are chubby pencil lipsticks. whoever its for eyeshadow or anything else it just sits in my drawer.

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

11. September 19, 2014 / 5:10 am

Not a big fan of lip balms so, uhm, for 900 pesos, I think I’ll pass

12. Dear Girl Wallflower
    September 19, 2014 / 9:22 pm

I had to be confident at using lip stuff 🙂

13. September 20, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Eek 900! I can barely spend more than 200+ on a lip balm :O

Poppin’ Poppy looks great on you, though! Pakafresh! 😀

14. September 20, 2014 / 5:03 pm

Comin’ Up Rosy is so pretty in the tube (crayon?) but I’m not sure if I want to spend P900 on a lip balm (except for the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments, those are worth it imo!)

15. September 21, 2014 / 9:03 pm

Fresh ng fez!! Hihi I love my lipsticks pigmented, so this is definitely a pass. And I bet I could easily find something similar from Watson’s for less than 100/200 bucks 🙂