Backstage at Shrek The Musical with MAC Cosmetics

shrekmusicalMAC2 I’ve never been this excited to blog about an event, eeekMAC Cosmetics invited Selene and I to watch the preview of the local adaptation of Shrek the Musical. Not only do we get to see the play, we also get a backstage pass to witness how the MAC makeup artists transform the characters using MAC products. Can you say thrilled? Nope, I was beyond that! So if you’re on the lookout for a Halloween costume/look this coming October, *ehem*, Shrek and Fiona perhaps?  shrekmusicalMAC3shrekmusicalMAC4 The green face makeup is MAC Pro’s Chromacake in the shade True Chartreuse. It is a solid water-color cake that is activated with water. It is highly pigmented and has an opaque matte finish, but sheers down easily to your liking. It is usually used for body painting and fake tattoos. It comes in a variety of shades as well, but sadly, only available for professionals. shrekmusicalMAC19shrekmusicalMAC5shrekmusicalMAC6shrekmusicalMAC7shrekmusicalMAC8 A staple in all makeup artists’ kits – the MAC Fix + which has a variety of uses. shrekmusicalMAC9shrekmusicalMAC10 For Princess Fiona’s look, MAC Makeup Artist, Myrene, started with the Chromacake all over the face. She sprayed a bit of MAC Fix+ on her MAC buffing brush and swirled it on True Chartreuse. Once activated, the Chromacake transforms from being a solid, hard cake to a creamy, easily spreadable liquid foundation-like texture on the face. shrekmusicalMAC20 Princess Fiona’s strong brow game is care of the MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Strut, a warm brown/auburn shade with reddish tones that matches her hair perfectly. I love this pencil if only it had a bit more content inside – I was able to use up three of these in the shade Lingering! shrekmusicalMAC11shrekmusicalMAC12 Can you guess Princess Fiona’s lip of choice? None other than Ruby Woo in Retro Matte to match her wavy, red locks. Myrene applied the Cherry lip liner underneath to make the lipstick last longer (not that it doesn’t hold up on its own!). But before all these reds, the Princess gets a generous dosage of MAC Lip Conditioner to prep her lips for the onslaught of matte-ness ahead. shrekmusicalMAC1BshrekmusicalMAC13 Princess also ain’t afraid of pink and shimmer – it complements her flat acid green skin tone, don’t you think? LOL. Her pink flush of choice? The MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Dollymix, a bright hot pink shade with fine silver and gold shimmer. It adds the right amount of highlight to her otherwise flat green skin. shrekmusicalMAC14 Et voila! The princess is ready to rock the ogre world! I would’ve loved to see how the eyes were done (my favorite part of makeup!) but it was already past 11PM and the little one was craving for her sleep so we dashed out even before she got cranky. The show, though, was surprisingly really good. There were one too many instances I literally LOL-ed by myself that Enzo was looking at me like “Guuuurl, have you not laughed in months?” shrekmusicalMAC15 shrekmusicalMAC17 shrekmusicalMAC18 It was also Selene’s first time to watch a musical and she was well-behaved throughout the whole show. Even if she didn’t understand what was going on, she loved the singing, the dancing and the crazy antics of Donkey whom she laughed at plenty of times. I loved Donkey, too! He totally made the show for me. Shrek was good too, but we were just really entertained by Donkey! Well done, Nyoy Volante! Thank you MAC Cosmetics Philippines for this opportunity – the whole family definitely had fun. Oh and another entertaining moment – seeing Enzo watching the makeup tutorial happening backstage. Lemme go ask him what he learned. Haha!

1. Kathryn Chalk
    September 21, 2014 / 12:24 am

Amazing, I saw this in London a few years back and loved it 🙂 love this post, so interesting.

kathrynscupcakes.blogspot.co.uk x

• September 21, 2014 / 1:22 am

Thanks, Kathryn!

September 21, 2014 / 1:18 am

Awww Selene’s such a cutie. ♥♥♥ Love the red lips 😉

• September 21, 2014 / 1:22 am

Rayray! Heehee, thanks! I miss chatting with you. Ugh, so behind on replying. How is school going along?! When will we ever meet woman? Hope to finally do so over coffee and dessert soon!

• September 21, 2014 / 7:16 pm

Congrats on the blog and thank you Yanna! 🙂

3. September 21, 2014 / 6:29 am

I had to do a double take look at that 1st picture. Lol.
    GREAT JOB Ganda!

• September 21, 2014 / 7:16 pm

Hahaha, I dont know who can rock green makeup and look so pretty parin! The model is definitely gorge!

4. September 21, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Hahaha, this is brilliant! 😀 Fiona looks so damn pretty, even with green 😀
    Aaaw, Selene looks like a little princess flower, omg, so adorable, I’m gonna diee!!!

• September 21, 2014 / 7:17 pm

Hi Keitibeb! Long time!! I agree – kainis noh? Naka acid green paint pero ang ganda parin!

5. September 21, 2014 / 9:43 pm

Ah, what a super cool experience! Love theatrical makeup and this is so much fun! Great that you got to take your daughter to the show- she’s precious 🙂

• September 22, 2014 / 9:46 pm

Thanks Jenn 🙂 I was anxious the whole time if she’d be able to sit still the entire show 🙂 Seeing how they do the makeup was indeed cool!! 🙂

6. September 22, 2014 / 7:42 am

aw looks so fun with your daughter!! i loved musicals from the very first one i saw so i’m so happy your daughter loved it too 🙂 what a cool experience to go backstage and see how the make up is done!

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• September 22, 2014 / 9:51 pm

With movies, she easily gets restless so I was worried going into this that’s why I was so surprised she actually enjoyed and laughed throughout the show as if she understood what was going on LOL. I hope she grows up to enjoy musicals, as well!

7. September 22, 2014 / 8:42 am

Your daughter is too cute!! But I do have to say, sometimes I wonder why certain makeup is reserved for the professionals?? Sometimes I want want to paint my body green and go shopping, ya know???

• September 22, 2014 / 9:58 pm

I knooow, why must they exclude our amateur-ness from trying on these colored cakes? Like hello we aren’t gonna eat that, y’know. We know it’s not real cake.

• September 22, 2014 / 9:59 pm

Awww thanks Nikki!! 🙂 🙂 Most of our friends say she looks like her Dad so hearing that you see me in her makes me really happeh!

• September 22, 2014 / 10:00 pm

I want nga eh. I want to attempt to do Halloween makeup :)) Good luck lang.

8. September 22, 2014 / 8:39 pm

I never knew Chromacake existed until I read this entry! Amazing that there is even a MAC Pro, and to think I’ve been a fan of their products for a few years now. This was such an interesting post, thank you!

• September 22, 2014 / 10:01 pm

Yes there is Justine! But not here in the Philippines. However, the MAC Pro lipsticks just recently launched here and will be part of the permanent line! 🙂