How I Usually Wear Red Lipstick a.k.a My MAC Viva Glam I

redlipscover Ahhh yes, after one whole month — I’ve finally been able to film, edit and upload a new video again. I’m kinda getting the hang of this video-editing thing, except it does entail some time and effort. But then, I actually find it quite.. therapeutic? So much to learn from this whole new medium. Let’s just say that so far, it’s been enjoyable. And I like that it entails little-to-no thinking as compared to writing — which is a welcome break in my book! For this video, minor autofocus issues but ugh – the lighting. Sucks, to say the least. Since I use natural light a.k.a the sun, my lighting goes awry the minute Mr. Sunshine ducks into the clouds and decides to hide himself. And then after a while, goes back out again. So yah, excuse the turbulent lighting changes in the video. Other than that, this video is just full of me hastily slap-dashing whatever makeup items on my face. Watch at your own risk.

Oh and thank you so much for the feedback on the last two videos — I really appreciate them, you guys!

• August 15, 2014 / 10:01 am

Summer is over here in this side of the world so out back on my lips it goes again 🙂

• August 15, 2014 / 10:01 am

Thanks, dear!

1. August 14, 2014 / 1:59 am

Oh wow, I totally love the bloody shade to this red! Not in a gross way but in a deep way! Love how it’s slightly vampish, you pull if off beautifully!

• August 15, 2014 / 10:05 am

Thank you Sharlynn! 🙂

2. August 14, 2014 / 7:35 am

I finally got to swatch this on myself yesterday! Def purchasing soon 😀

• August 15, 2014 / 10:05 am

Ganda no? It’s not the kind of red that calls out attention 🙂

• August 15, 2014 / 10:06 am

Aw thanks Kelly 🙂 And thanks for the suggestion, must brush up on eyebrow technique first.

3. August 14, 2014 / 10:31 am

Okay, the pogi face is hilarious! Hahahahaha! At ang ending, gurl, infernez! Bongga ng hair! :p Loooove Viva Glam I on you! Although on me, it’s not that bright.

4. August 14, 2014 / 10:36 am

4:24 <- screenshot worthy! :)) Love the look and the video. 🙂 x

5. August 14, 2014 / 12:46 pm

Great job! Sobrang funny nung Mr. Pogi and some of the loko faces, hahaha! I love et! Ampunin mo kooo hahaha

6. August 14, 2014 / 6:53 pm

hahaha ang cute nang video mo! your video honestly inspired me to do another video again! I haven’t done any video in 2 years! must update na. hehe
    Random Beauty by Hollie

August 14, 2014 / 7:32 pm

Dat hair flip!! Cutie! ♥ And yung gwaping face with the highlighter. Waaahh made me laugh. Hehe

8. August 14, 2014 / 8:00 pm

Hahaha! I’ve been lining my eyes for years, but I never could do it without leaning close to the mirror even when I have my contacts on!

9. August 14, 2014 / 8:54 pm

Winnur talaga yung one hand lang sa pag apply ng liner! I can’t do that! hihihi. And baka ma-discover ka… model ng shampoo! hahaha~ I enjoyed the video, Shari!

Viva Glam I is <3.

10. August 15, 2014 / 4:27 am

What a beautiful look and a fun video! The red lip looks great with the soft, shimmery eye 🙂

11. anne0822
    August 17, 2014 / 9:13 am

LOL at the pogi gesture with a straight face! I think this is the funniest among the three videos so far.
    Of all the posts I read/watched, this is probably the one that I saw apply red lipstick without using a brush and lip liner. Was actually expecting to see both but didn’t so I liked this video more. 🙂

12. jgpangi
    August 19, 2014 / 6:14 am

That’s the way I wish I’d look when wearing red lipstick T.T Why, life, whyyyyy….

This is actually my favorite look (I try at it, as you can see from my pic). I really learned a lot from this vid and I so love you for it. Except for eyebrows. I am about ready to give up on my damn eyebrows. But for the rest of the eye makeup and the highlighter, I’m sold 🙂

13. August 20, 2014 / 7:05 am

OMG Shari I was laughing so hard by the time you said, “Don’t panic, it’s magnetic!” You’re so adorable! Lighting has been also my main problem for a few weeks now. It’s so gloomy in the mornings, I have to edit my photos to brighten them up.

I truly enjoy all your videos. Hope you make more soon. 🙂

14. August 20, 2014 / 11:48 am

Dior Lip Glow! Yas! You’re the second person (Sunny being the first) to mention this recently and I need to get mine out! MAC Mehr! Need it! Love that you’re making videos, Shari! Love your accent, too! 🙂

15. August 20, 2014 / 11:43 pm

Super in love with Viva Glam I. Ahh my first red/matte/Mac! Lol. All thanks to you Shari. Reading your blog is gonna make me broke hahaha exagg. :)) Here’s a photo of me wearing viva glam I: https://twitter.com/eileenrr/status/502117146634100736/photo/1 <3

Now I know why you were so crazy over Mac. Huhuhu. I'm already thinking of the next shade I want to try. I want a MLBB/Nude Mac lippie next! :)) Nuuuu.