A Mini Swatchfest of My Top Fall Eyeshadow Picks

fall-eyeshadow-picks3 Fall makeup collections are easily my favorite releases — especially for eyeshadows — because no matter what season, I always gravitate towards darker, richer, bolder shades for my eyes anyway. If I do go lighter, it’d only be on the inner half of my lids, as I always do eye contour with a darker shade on the outer half and even darker on the outer v. It’s just what I feel works best for my hooded eyes.  So yes, if I had to wear one shade on my lids and nothing else, I’d most probably reach for one of these shades. You know, smoke it out and hope for the best. Sometimes, I really wish I had larger lid space and un-hooded eyes so I don’t have to look down for the eye makeup I’ve so carefully created (probably redid x times as well) to be seen. Siiiigh, such beauty blogger problems! fall-eyeshadow-picks2 fall-eyeshadow-picks4 fall-eyeshadow-picksBfall-eyeshadow-picks-swatchesB Guerlain Turandot. I really love this palette and I’m glad I snatched what was said to be the last stock in the whole of Metro Manila. Shade 1 is a medium-dark brown with subtle warm undertones and a hint of gray. Looks boring, but the tiny hint of gray in it differentiates it from the other medium browns. The frosted sheen is done so subtly – Guerlain does my favorite ‘frost’ formulas.  Shade 2 is a muted reddish-plum with a hint of brown. One of the few reddish shades I can wear and not look like I’ve been punched. Burberry Midnight Brown. One of my all-time favorite browns. If I were to wear one-eyeshadow looks for the rest of my life, I’d choose this. It gives the right pop of dimension without being over-the-top. The flecks of shimmer give off just the right amount of iridescence. And the formula? Too damn good it may make you bankrupt if you can’t (or refuse to) exercise self-control. Such a dream to touch and work with that you’ll feel like a blending expert even with the crappiest brush. Burberry Mulberry. A muted, burgundy with warm undertones and a soft, frosted finish. I don’t like this as much as Midnight Brown because it registers too red on me. But I’ve learned that applying it less sheerly than the usual works better for my skintone. I have yet to experiment more with Mulberry, though. fall-eyeshadow-picks-swatches-c Lorac Pro Palette Garnet. Yet another shade with reddish undertones. Garnet is a medium-dark copper with reddish-brown undertones. It’s quite visible in the photos above that it’s not as abused as the other shades. In fact, I’ve probably only used it once and never attempted to again. I recently ‘rediscovered‘ it when Vivianna (my favorite UK beauty blogger and my daughter’s too LOL) wore it in one of her vlogs and somehow regained hope that I’d be able to wear it better next time. NARS Fez. This is my top favorite shade in the NARSissist palette. And probably in the top 5 of my overall favorites. It’s a beautiful coppery golden bronze that has the right amount of shimmer, not frosty nor glittery. NARS shadows are pretty hit-or-miss, but Fez is undoubtedly one of the biggest hits of the brand — smooth, creamy, pigmented. Tom Ford Cognac Sable. The palette as a whole isn’t my favorite — in fact I contemplated on selling this because I find the shades too coppery that it almost looks unflattering. This particular shade among the four – a warm medium brown with slight copper tones – is the most wearable. Again, not an entirely unique shade — but it’s a neutral with a slight kick, thanks to the copper tinge. top-fall-eyeshadow-looks-2

What are your favorite eyeshadow shades to wear for Fall?

1. August 30, 2014 / 9:13 pm

I think I like Midnight brown best on you! Such a drool worthy selection! Love it! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

2. August 30, 2014 / 9:41 pm

Great picks, Shari! I need to check out Mulberry for sure 🙂 I love KHAKI for autumn! Can’t wait to bust out LM Khaki Caviar Stick and the like!

3. August 30, 2014 / 10:03 pm

These shades are so gorgeous! Midnight Brown is so stunning. I haven’t tried out Garnet properly yet either, I never feel like I have an occasion to wear it to! I feel your pain though, I HATE having hooded eyelids!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

4. August 30, 2014 / 11:20 pm

These colors absolutely suit you! Midnight Brown looks amazing on you but your application on Fez is superior. Galing!!!

5. August 30, 2014 / 11:36 pm

I love this kind of shades! Paired with black liner they’re simply gorgeous 😉 Mulberry sounds harder to wear but it looks so gorgeous! 😉 xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

6. Yanna Yullie
    August 31, 2014 / 12:15 am

Gorgeous collection! Guerlain combination is such a beauty especially the reddish plum shade. Do you have any idea of the dupe in mac? btw your eyebrow on the FEZ application is perfection! 😉

freetobegorgeous.wordpress.com

7. convenientbeauty
    August 31, 2014 / 3:30 am

I love Guerlain Turandot on you! My favorites also include Tom Ford Cognac Sable although I love it year round for evening looks. Others are Dior Stylish Move, Burberry Midnight Blue, Chanel Vanite and most recently added Tom Ford Nude Dip.

8. August 31, 2014 / 5:10 am

Wow, almost every single shadow here are ones I would reach for. So many gorgeous shades – aside from really bright “color” looks, you can create almost any look with these shades. The NARS shadow is probably my favorite, just so pretty

9. August 31, 2014 / 11:13 am

Argh now I really need how to learn how to apply eyeshadow! Even if I watch tutorials and stuff I always end up looking like I have a black eye or something 🙁

August 31, 2014 / 12:33 pm

Amazing picks! Sana lang nga may fall dito. :(( Cold weather, where for art thou?? Top fall picks of mine have to be Pewter and Dark Purple from Lorac Pro. Ambush (a brown that turns warmer/redder when blended), Radar (amazing glittery, chunky, warm brown) and Derailed (cool taupey-brown) from Urban Decay. Such amazing one-hit wonder eyeshadows. Just slap it on and blend it out!

11. August 31, 2014 / 11:36 pm

Gosh, what a gorgeous collection! All of those shades are up my alley- NARS Fez and Burberry Mulberry are calling to me especially 🙂

12. August 31, 2014 / 11:59 pm

every single time i see turndot show up on a post i super regret not getting it. i know that most of the shades are completely dupable but the palette altogether is such a great collection of colors all in one place.

13. jgpangi
    September 1, 2014 / 8:23 am

So many eyeshadowz! Who cares about hooded eyes when you can play with all this?

Loving the dramatic looks, as always. Ganyan dapat ang mga closeup sa teleserye. You really make me want to learn how to put on eye makeup.

14. September 2, 2014 / 4:39 am

hala you make me want to start collecting the burberry eyeshadows. im still not sure if i want to dive into getting single eyeshadow separately, so im waiting for burberry to release a good eyeshadow palette. sana they do 🙂

15. September 3, 2014 / 5:46 am

Fabulous, Shari!! I too heart Burbs’ Midnight Brown. I got married wearing it. That’s commitment, man! 😉 I second you on wishing for non-hooded eyes. OMG, big, glorious Cher lids excite me like you wouldn’t believe! The lid real estate is insane! Turandot looks especially soft and beautiful on your peepers!

16. September 3, 2014 / 8:33 pm

Luuuuuv these shades especially that Garnet and Cognac Sable sigh. They all look so pretty on you but I think I’m partial to Cognac Sable!

17. September 5, 2014 / 9:58 am

The garnet shade in the Lorac Palette looks so pretty! I am kicking myself for rarely using that palette these days! haha

–Mari
    bluchiffon.blogspot.com

18. September 5, 2014 / 9:22 pm

Teh, lemme buy your Turandot na! 🙁 Grabe, maski on eBay, waley. I just bought my first TF quad!! Mygad isa nalang kidney ko loljk