Makeup Graveyard: NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette

narsfairyB Makeup Graveyard: where makeup products – the good, the bad, the meh – go to accumulate dust particles and become long forgotten. When they said “out of sight, out of mind“, I didn’t think they meant makeup (and other beauty products)!!! One thing I realized during this Project Pan initiative I ventured into is when I want to use up makeup, I must put everything I want to use up in plain sight. No hiding in extra storage drawers, everything must be (if possible or if not just crammed) atop my vanity.  So to remind myself of this resolution, I might be doing a couple of these Makeup Graveyard posts – where I just post different looks with the same product (in one post or in different posts, depends) – just to propel more products for Project Pan. But since I’m not the most diligent blogger, let’s see if I can actually keep up with this new series. LOL! I also think this would be a perfect complement to my Most Used and Abused one, as these are probably the Most Unused & “Unabused” in my stash. narsfairy3 narsfairy2

NARS Fairy’s Kiss Palette

For this entry, I’ll just be doing an FOTD with this NARS Fairy’s Kiss palette, which I actually liked off the bat because the soft pink and purple shades are just perfect for a smokey look. The quality isn’t bad either! But since getting the NARSissist palette — which includes two out of the six shades in Fairy’s Kiss — I haven’t even thought about this palette at all. I had to wait for my daughter to go through my drawers and make a mess on our bedroom floor — for me to even remember I had this! So for this look, I just paired the soft purple eye with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat and MAC Cut a Caper lipstick. I also used the Pixi Beauty Radiant Brightening Powder as highlight (ugh, I can’t get enough of highlighters, #addictedtotheglow). And that’s it! narsfairy4

Any items on your Makeup Graveyard you’ve used recently?

1. anne0822
    August 12, 2014 / 11:20 am

I’m like that too, if I want to use something I haven’t used for a long time, I need to see it else i’ll forget it agad. Hehe..

2. August 12, 2014 / 11:59 am

Ooh! MAC Cut-A-Caper! That’s on my “the ones that got away” list, along with theBalm’s Muppets palette. Beautiful look, Shari! 3 of the shades in the NARSissist palette I owned in singles form and gifted to my best friend when I got it. It lessened the guilt, LOL! I totes know what you mean by makeup graveyard! I think of mine as purgatory. I’ll sometimes be watching a YT video or see someone’s tutorial and they’ll mention a product I own that’s been chillin’ in purgatory and I have to get up right then and go get it out so I’ll remember to use it again. I loved this post – definitely would be curious to see what else is in your makeup graveyard! The current items in my mental project pan are TF Chocolate Soleil (one day I will see pan! I am certain of it…though it might be 2018) and Clinique Bamboo Pink lipstick. XOXO 😀

3. August 12, 2014 / 12:59 pm

Love the eye makeup look you’ve done using this palette. Soft, smokey eyes are the best. I should go scrounging around my drawers for unloved products, there are probably plenty in there that deserve more attention and use! x

4. August 12, 2014 / 1:04 pm

Grabe my makeup graveyard is buried in a mound of dust. Talagang graveyard kung graveyard! I love your lippy 🙂 And the eyes look really nice, you wear those colors really wear. Practice na ko makeup huhu but I think I need good brushes first!

5. August 12, 2014 / 5:56 pm

After Narsissist any other palette would look inadequate to me! 😛 This one’s very cool toned, plummy so I had skipped.. of course you can make it work so beautifully! I lack all kinds of eye makeup skills 😀

Divya | TheConscienceFund

6. August 12, 2014 / 7:23 pm

oh man. yes. there are. hahah. im trying to use what i normally dont which meant wearing lady danger to work. which was a lot of ‘miss’ with the guys but a huge ‘hit’ with the girls.

7. August 12, 2014 / 7:29 pm

Haha I took my old Laura Mercier palette out for a spin recently!

August 12, 2014 / 7:41 pm

Hehe cutie Selene!! Makeup Graveyard like Tati! Watch hers. Sobrang dami.. I can’t even. Recently rediscovered my Naked Basics palette and Painterly Paint Pot. I had a makeup gig last weekend so I had the chance to whip it out. Such a great palette for neutral looks. Since it was for graduation pictures I couldn’t give them all out clubbing eyes lol. And that Naked Basics 2!! From the looks of it, it seems like they took inspiration from the original Naked palettes. The Naked Basics 2 seems cooler toned. Will wait for swatches hehehe. 😉

9. August 13, 2014 / 8:12 am

I feel the same way, I have a couple of NARS palettes that I forgot about because of the Narsissist Palette too!

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

10. August 13, 2014 / 6:10 pm

I don’t have any NARS product yet! hehe… anyway, I think it was my sleek oh so special palette. I honestly forgot I had, since it was stowed away in one of my boxes. I forgot how I loved the colors in that palette, but quickly remembered why I stopped using it. LOL Anyway, good luck in your project pan! I hope you actually finish up an entire product. hehehe.

11. Rae A.
    August 18, 2014 / 12:39 am

I’ve been really enjoying these more than reviews in general. I like seeing how they all come together. My brain doesn’t quite automatically work like that so, this is really helpful.