My Style Staples

ootd fashion asian blogootd3

Uniform

Crisp blouse, perfectly fit trousers, nude heels (but nowadays, I be living in ballet flats most of the time). Don’t forget cellphone bulge in right pocket. Aside from denim shorts and loose, sleeveless tops which are my no-brainer errand-day looks, this is my real, uncontrived “style”. No trendy cropped tops or skater skirts (though I do steal my sister’s sometimes when I feel like being fashion once in a while). Just the classic, never outdated basics. Normally, it’d be a crisp white or black button-down, but I saw this last piece of light yellow blouse from GAP on sale … and in my size! So of course, the dreaded “it was meant for me” mentality naturally took over and I was transported to the cashier in an instant. I don’t feel that guilty though because it’s been a while since I bought new clothes. I’ve reached that stage where I don’t care for the latest trends anymore. I now go for basic, classic (aka BORING) pieces I can mix and match with anything… despite the harem pants, color-blocking, lingerie as outerwear and Birks with socks trends that come and go. ootd4ootd2b
Outfit Details Blouse – GAP | Pants – ZARA | Shoes – Forever 21
I seriously have no patience for these OOTDs. My sister took these and I swear, we almost argued. LOL! I took her outfit photos in her blog entry here and I almost threw the camera in frustration because “it had to be like this, like this, like this”. Rarr. I now get why most international fashion bloggers have professional photographer beaus. Thank God we beauty bloggers only need FOTDs or selfies and can live without anyone else’s help to take our photos. Anyway, I have to share that my hair is on point in these photos because I recently got a Kerasilk Treatment* by Cynos Inside Hair Care, of which the details are reserved for another post. So happy with the results of this keratin treatment, which I was doubtful to do in the first place. The original Brazilian Blowout treatment lasted only a week on me before my hair returned to its normal state of constant frizz. It has been a week since the Kerasilk Treatment and while it doesn’t look as neat and straight like the photos above, it hasn’t gone back to its all kinds of tangled state yet. So so happy that I can skip heat styling tools for now (and hopefully for the next three months!). More details on this treatment, soon. That’s all for now, friends. May I say, thank you for all the feedback on my last video — really appreciate them!

1. July 23, 2014 / 3:01 pm

Beautiful! My only photographer for OOTDs is my husband and we also argue because of many things like the angle! lol.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:10 am

Agree!! I never ask my husband na nga to take photos of me unless he willingly does kasi hay nako, dami ko ring kaartehan sa angles!

2. July 23, 2014 / 4:03 pm

Love the look!! crisp shirt and jeans are perfect match and love your nude heels! <3

• July 31, 2014 / 11:10 am

Thanks Pam!

3. July 23, 2014 / 5:12 pm

Aww your photos turned out really well, that sisterly bond worked out ok 😉 I know what you mean though, I love taking photos but my fiance gets a bit bored doing my OOTD hehe.

Hanh x | hanhabelle

• July 31, 2014 / 11:11 am

Ha ha, yes our sisterly bonding is taking each others OOTDs 🙂 It’s been quite like this for a long time now, only as each session passes, we want to kill each other more LOL kidding 🙂 And my husband doesnt only get bored – he gets annoyed at all my angle requests :))

4. cheekeegirl
    July 23, 2014 / 5:16 pm

my kinda style except for the high heels.. i’m more on a flats girl now..

• July 31, 2014 / 11:12 am

I’m more of a flats girl now too only rarely do I dash out of the house in heels 🙂 This is one of those days!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:12 am

Thanks Holly!

5. July 23, 2014 / 7:10 pm

Hey Shari! You are always adorable in your posts! “no patience” ha ha! I also really like your hair here would love to read the post about the treatment! Besides how cute is that bag! I love the color! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

• July 31, 2014 / 11:12 am

It’s one of my very few non-black bags, Div! Thanks for noticing 🙂

6. July 23, 2014 / 10:11 pm

yes that’s a classic style but always “IN”… I can soo understand the arguments abt getting the right picture as I do that with my hubby sometimes…lol… n I wud definitely love to read about the hair treatment as I myself m always on a lookout for “hair relaxing” treatment 🙂
    Smita| missprettypink

• July 31, 2014 / 11:13 am

Smita! Thank God for our patient husbands, right? 🙂 Hehe!

7. July 23, 2014 / 10:21 pm

I’m not a fashion blogger but there was this time when I saw a red brick wall and I asked my dad to take a picture of me. He was all “Why are you standing there? Go near the sign so they will know where you are!” It was obviously not a great idea and the photo turned out blurry! :))
    Your photos look great though! <3 mich-b.net

• July 31, 2014 / 11:13 am

Hi Mich! Cute ng dad mo!! 🙂 Reminds me of my dad! Hehe.
      And thank you for the compliments~ 🙂

8. Becoming Sleek
    July 24, 2014 / 5:32 am

This is why I can’t do a lot of ootds! I am too shy to ask anyone to endure taking photos of me, not to mention I get really self conscious pa. Love your style Shari! Very classy.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:15 am

Self-conscious turtles gather ’round please. I swear when I do these OOTDs, it has to be done in 10seconds or less! Especially in public places :)) I don’t have that ‘confidence’ all fashion bloggers seem to have LOL. One step at a time, Pat. We’ll get that confidence HAHA

9. July 24, 2014 / 6:29 am

You look good whatever you wear (madaya!) hihi. Sadly, I don’t have a fashion style and I tend to wear the usual jeans, top, and flats. I only feel confident wearing jeans. That said, it makes me feel awkward when fashionable girls are around. Anyway, I love your style! More please! 🙂

• July 31, 2014 / 11:18 am

Ay sus, hindi kaya Juvy! Sobrang mapili lang ako now cos I know what my body feels comfy wearing na. No more trendy fashion police crimes! Haha. I don’t aim to be ‘fashionable’ at all (dati I admit oo pero now, ehhhh? daanin sa hair and makeup na lang yan!). And as for being a jeans girl, ako rin now I’m more comfy wearing it.. BUT you should try skirts, etc! Halika, I’ll come with you when you go clothes shopping:)

10. July 24, 2014 / 10:30 am

I know you will be a good fashion blogger if you want! Haha. I have seen your OOTDs before, during, and after pregnancy and your style is nice, good, lovely, I don’t know what the correct term would be. Haha. Hope to see more OOTD shots in your blog! Haha 🙂

• July 31, 2014 / 11:19 am

Ay wow naman! Thanks Ella!! *IMSHY* I don’t think I can be a fashion blogger talaga because I’m not interested in the latest fashion anymore. :)) Truelaloo. And thank you for being a witness to my “STYLE” journey throughout!! Eeek. How sweet naman,gurl!!!

July 24, 2014 / 5:36 pm

I rarely ever dress up unless it’s a special occasion or if I feel like it. More OOTD posts pleaaaaze!!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:20 am

BUT IM SHY. LOL. More like awkward. Hehe! Thanks Ray ray! But ikaw rin — OOTDs plz!

12. July 25, 2014 / 7:30 am

Haha, I agree- OOTDs can be tiresome when someone is shooting you, my bf takes 50 pictures and says 1 of them will bound to be ok. -_- at least with beauty blogging I know what angles I want! Most of my pieces are plain and simple as well, so I can wear it for work or a night out.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:21 am

HEAR HEAR! Selfies > OOTDs 🙂 Haha! I admire your boyfriend’s patience in taking 50 photos!!! My husband won’t even pass 7-8! Max is 10!!! LOL

13. August 1, 2014 / 10:54 am

So pretty naman!!!! Well lagi naman eh. Huhu! :)) I love your look, te. And I think nude heels (and flats) will always complete any outfit. Mas clazz. Haha! MOREEEE PLZZZZ!