Simple Everyday Makeup Look… in Video!

cover2

I Made My First Video!

I don’t know how this happened, guys. I’ve been contemplating on crossing over to Youtube territory for the longest but my lack of a) time b) makeup skills c) conversational skills d) patience to edit videos — have deterred me from doing so. But here we are. Granted there are a lot of misgivings in this one — poor lighting, high ISO to compensate for it leaving you with grainy quality, not to mention my ehem, rushed makeup application even in non-high speed state. Oh well. But I’m glad I got a ‘feel’ of how making a Youtube video is like. NOT EASY AT ALL. Hands down to the Youtubers who do this like it’s just breathing oxygen. Uhhhh, it’s so awkward talking to the camera. I did some test vlogs (talking about my June favorites) and I found myself glancing at the viewfinder every so often that I got annoyed while I was watching myself on screen. Not to mention how the whole spiel almost put me to sleep. Haha! So yes, I now have something to watch when I’m hit by insomnia and need to fall asleep fast. Anyway, I’m not sure if I can keep up with this or like I said in the video description in Youtube if this’ll be a one-time-big-time thing that I may never do again. LOL. Who knows! So yes, please be kind. Or not. I’d love to hear all your thoughts!

1. July 5, 2014 / 4:46 am

Guess who’s your first subscriber! 😀 lol! Great job Shari! Looking forward to more! 🙂

2. July 5, 2014 / 6:47 am

Weeeh! Kainis. Sige, ikaw na ang fierce pa din during makeup application. Haha. MOOOORE!

3. July 5, 2014 / 11:10 am

Pwede na, Shariii! You are ready! Weeeee~

4. Lily
    July 5, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Yay for making your first video 🙂 Great job!

5. July 5, 2014 / 1:00 pm

Love how you did your brows and the funny annotations. 🙂 Off-topic: is your hair naturally straight or did you blowdry it on the vid? Ganda!

6. July 5, 2014 / 3:02 pm

Eeeek! Awesome! You are so cute! I think the video is of great quality and production! It’s quite hard to make a decent video and you did it perfectly! Awesome job!

7. July 5, 2014 / 3:48 pm

I love your video!!! And I’m so glad I’m back on the blogging/reading blogs train again just in time to see this. I think it’s hard to get into YT at first but you literally get the knack for the entire process in no time and learn how to improve at a rapid rate so don’t despair and I say keep at it! I would love to see more videos from you (:

Totally subscribed – have missed your posts! Hope you’ve been well lovely. xo

8. July 5, 2014 / 4:09 pm

Oh I love this!!!! Congrats on the first video 🙂 It’s really good! Giggles with the annotations. Much better than anything I’d do, that’s for sure 🙂

9. July 5, 2014 / 8:21 pm

Great first video, Shari! So nice to see some of the makeup products you’ve been raving about in action! Have a great weekend 🙂

10. July 5, 2014 / 10:10 pm

hahah…totally agree on ur points of not being able to do a YT video…I myself did a few n den left those for exactly the same reasons….bt I must say u have done a brilliant job for the 1st video…looking fwd to seein more 🙂
    Smita| missprettypink

July 6, 2014 / 8:10 am

Soooo cute!! Hehehe Galing mo! Keep on making videos, okay? Keri mo yan!

12. July 6, 2014 / 8:22 am

Congrats on your first video Shari! More please! LOL

13. July 6, 2014 / 9:53 am

Congrats on your first video! I subbed! Looking forward to seeing more videos, this was really fun to watch! 😀

<3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

14. July 6, 2014 / 12:10 pm

Shari! This was SO good! Had you not said it was your first video, I never would have guessed it was! SO SO SOOO GOOD!! Also, my hat is off to you for applying that liquid liner like it was no biggie! I would have spent 10 minutes on that alone, and ended up with uneven lines and loads of cray cray. Loved this video! 😀

15. July 6, 2014 / 1:42 pm

Loved the video! I subbed and I look forward for more. I haven’t been doing vids for a while and that’s because of all the reasons you’ve mentioned, lol. But you! You’re a natural! MORE!! 😀

16. Rae A.
    July 6, 2014 / 1:49 pm

More please!!! How your fotds are done. 😀 I certainly CAN’T do my makeup that poised.

17. July 6, 2014 / 9:38 pm

YEHEY MOAR PLS. <3 Subscribed!

18. July 7, 2014 / 9:00 am

Yaaay first video yaaay! 🙂 Cute video Shari! I hear ya about what a P.I.T.A editing youtube videos is!! I think I made 7 of them and hoped to make more but the amount of time it takes to edit them..I’d just rather write posts instead. So really ..kudos to all the amazing vloggers out there!! BTW I tried Sable Smoke at the Tom Ford counter yesterday but it was too palte on me:( I got Nubile though and luv it:) So thanks for the recommendation – I did keep it in mind!! HowDoesDeeDoit

19. July 7, 2014 / 1:08 pm

YOU MAKE APPLYING EYELINER LOOK SO EASY
    (And it’s ok, I can never get my eyeshadow on both eyes to look the same…thank god I wear glasses…so that ‘kinda’ hides things)
    I ENJOYED THIS VIDEO THOUGH. ESPECIALLY THE CAPTIONS 😀
    (I filmed myself doing my makeup once. I ended up with mineral makeup in my hair. How Youtubers churn out videos so frequently will always elude me)

20. July 7, 2014 / 9:24 pm

Cute mo ok?! I thought you’d talk, but I’ll satisfy myself with your funny captions. Can’t even imagine how hard this is as I’m struggling sa still photos pa lang…

21. jgpangi
    July 8, 2014 / 9:11 am

I LOVE it! I’m so happy to see I’m not the only one who applies makeup with their fingers. Ang dami kasi nagrerecommend ng brushes or sponges, but I find it so much easier to apply and blend with my fingertips.

Ang kulit ng vid, it’s an awesome first try. More pa!

22. July 13, 2014 / 10:22 am

I agree with the others – more please! :)) I think you did well for your first Youtube vid, and I subscribed kagad hahaha. <3

23. July 20, 2014 / 4:24 pm

This is a great first youtube video! i love it, trust me with time you’ll have more patience, I was like that too the first time! You’re editing is great though! P.S you eye makeup was gorgeous! Love NARS