June Favorites

junefavesCOVERjunefaces2cap

What a Lie! It’s Already July?!

I’ll save you the nostalgic “whoa, the past six months have gone by too quickly” remarks that I almost mindlessly typed for this entry actually. Hah. Time seems to run faster when we grow up and have all these zillion things to do. Whatever happened to the feels-like-it’s-been-a-century staring marathon at the classroom clock waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Anyway, I’ve picked out my Favorites for June based on what I reached for the most this time. Last time (May Favorites), it was more about new and newly-rediscovered products. This time, I’ve randomly picked out my most-used. So yes, how I pick my favorites vary depending on my mood and I don’t know why I felt like I needed to explain that.  Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. Ack! A repeat from the last Favorites and I didn’t even notice it. I guess this means it cements it spot as my favorite foundation at the moment… or for two months counting now. I just use my fingers to apply it all over my face and it gives very good coverage without looking like I actually have foundation on but leaves my skin glowing and healthy (even when it really isn’t). Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium. Been reaching for this more than the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer because a) I’ve been plagued by darker cirlces this month than the usual, thus needing heavier coverage b) this lasts longer on me than the NARS one. Only downside is I find it a bit more drying than the NARS concealer. However, paired with the Skin Foundation, it works perfectly (as I find the BB Skin Foundation hydrating). MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium. Rediscovered my love for this powder. I use it as an all-over setting powder and I like that it doesn’t leave my skin powdery at all, despite the slight mattifying effect it creates. Slight because it still manages to leave some sheen and dew on the skin without making it look oily or greasy, just perfectly set. For some reason, I like this better than the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. junefaves3 Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Delicata. I originally deemed this as the underdog when I first talked about my RBR blushes, but after using it more heavily handed than the usual… I felt that I finally unleashed its potential. A beautiful ‘nude’ blush that works as a subtle contour when applied strategically. Gracilis is still my favorite everyday shade from the bunch but I’m so happy I finally got this to show on my skintone that I’ve been using it almost daily since. Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Midnight Brown. Been a bit lazy on the eye area last month so I usually just go for a one-shadow look (even when I’m not at all crazy about it. Diz gurl needs at least two shadows ALWAYS). I like using Midnight Brown for this purpose — even when others deem it too dark to be worn alone — because I find it complements my skintone well and doesn’t leave me looking like I got punched in the eye after throwing some bottles at Spain naysayers while watching a World Cup match. Artnet Professional Paris Brushes. My most recent purchase (and a random one at that!) and the ones I’m most excited about in this post because I think I finally found a brush that’s quite similar to the MAC 239. The blending brushes are a little too flexible for my liking (MAC 217 is still my favorite in terms of performance although it is scratchy as hale after xx washes). Got these for around Php200 each (on sale! regularly around 300+). Ellana Minerals Blush Duo in Light Roast and Butter Rum Coffee* (here). Officially retired my NARS Laguna bronzer and moved on to this duo that works perfectly for creating a sculpted face in seconds. The Butter Rum Coffee shade is a tad orangey on me, but when blended well, doesn’t make me look like I just walked out of the Jersey Shore set.

Any products I mentioned that you’ve used and liked/disliked? Also, what was your most used item last June? Do share!

1. July 4, 2014 / 2:03 am

Staring marathon for the watch to show 9 hours in office, still happens! 😛 I work for a japanese company which has a 9-hours-in-office-or-ill-shoot policy that totally sucks! That aside, I am really really curious to try the skin foundation! I hope it works on my skin too! Also the Burberry eyeshadow! *droool* 😀

TheConscienceFund

• July 4, 2014 / 2:59 pm

Oh yes! I’m familiar with that too when I was still working then 🙂 I think you’ll love the Skin Foundation as you dont have problematic skin to begin with, Divs 🙂

2. July 4, 2014 / 2:39 am

I really want to try the Collection Concealer. But I’m afraid that they may not have my shade 🙁

• July 4, 2014 / 3:01 pm

Parang wala nga akong nakitang 4 (Deep) dito, I’m assuming lang that’s your shade since youre MAC NC37-40? Nahirapan na nga ako hanapin itong 3 eh! I dont know why they dont bring in more of this and the 4 (Deep) shade cos hello… di lang mestisa ang meron sa Pilipinas 😐 Kainis.

• July 4, 2014 / 3:01 pm

The Burberry shadow is one of my favesss!

3. July 4, 2014 / 2:52 am

I am using my Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Oxygen Wow Powder, Hoola bronzer, and Maybelline concealers religiously last month because I badly want to hit pan, at least, or use them up. My favorites include the Anastasia Brow Pomade, Hourglass Ambient Palette, and my Naked palettes! 🙂

• July 4, 2014 / 3:03 pm

Wow, you use quite a few Benefit products ah! How’s the Oxygen foundie and Hoola bronzer? Di ba a tinge copper yung Hoola? Or mata ko lang yon! 🙂 And hay, the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade – next ko yan after I finish up my Browcreme from MAC!

• July 6, 2014 / 7:16 pm

The Oxygen WOW looks natural, and not a flat matte. It looks really flawless. The Hoola bronzer is long-lasting and doesn’t appear orange on my skin. Love them both!

4. July 4, 2014 / 2:55 am

I’ve got to try Midnight Brown on its own! I don’t remember ever wearing it as an overall wash.

• July 4, 2014 / 3:04 pm

I dont think it’s meant to be an all over wash, Sunny – it’s quite dark especially for our skintone but for some reason, I like it 🙂 I diffuse the edges to make it appear slighly smokey but not too much 🙂

5. July 4, 2014 / 4:09 am

I’ve been seeing the Bobbi Brown foundation a lot recently, I should give it a try soon!

• July 4, 2014 / 3:05 pm

I obvz like it a lot cos I mindlessly included it in two succeeding favorites posts :)) What’s your favorite foundation atm/all time, Pam?

6. July 4, 2014 / 12:30 pm

I’ve been thinking about getting back in the mac msf powder, might just pick it up next time.i used to wear it years ago and loved the effect on my skin but I think the foundation I used to wear made me think the powder want working long term for me.

• July 4, 2014 / 3:07 pm

It works best with light-medium slightly dewy foundations, I believe. If you’ve got on a heavy coverage/matte foundation, it may be quite redundant or useless 🙂

• July 5, 2014 / 12:54 am

I used to wear the MAC Studio Fix foundation, but now a days I wear sheer or light coverage. I just need to figure out which shade to get 🙂

July 4, 2014 / 12:40 pm

Those brushes intrigue me! I tried the Collection concealer but the shade I got was too light so I abandoned ship. 🙁 Medium is always sold out kasi eh.. That Midnight Brown barely looks dented!

• July 4, 2014 / 3:10 pm

The dense brush for packing on shadow is my fave among the three. As I’ve been looking for a MAC 239 ‘dupe’ for the longest. The larger blending brush is so-so, while the smaller blending brush I like for ‘specific’ blending 🙂 And yes, super hirap hanapin nung shade ko sa Collection na yan. I found mine in a not-so-known department store pa!

The Burberry shadow I’ve used a lot but I only get from the top left triangle :)) I dont want to ruin the embossing just yet!

• Raven Ang
        July 4, 2014 / 4:41 pm

Where did you buy those brushes? WANT!

8. Miarara V
    July 4, 2014 / 1:56 pm

This photography is beautiful! What camera do you used?

I love the Lasting Perfection concealer, it works so well for such a cheap price 🙂

Mia xx

• July 22, 2014 / 12:58 pm

Hi! Thanks for the compliment on my photography! I use a 60D 🙂

9. Karen
    July 4, 2014 / 8:23 pm

hmmm Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is kinda expensive (for me) but is it worth it?
    hindi ba malagkit pag medyo mainit? (given its rainy season already, when its not raining, its still HOOOTT). I have Mac prolong wear and hello flawless but they become somewhat sticky pag pinagpawisan ka..
    anyways, some of my Fave item this June : Mac prolong concealer,maybelline baby lips,
    Hello flawless powder,Bobbi brown pot rouge in powder pink, porefessional and MAC lippy in unlimited 🙂

• July 22, 2014 / 12:57 pm

The Skin Foundation doesn’t feel malagkit at all! In fact, when I wear it parang I’m not wearing anything at all 🙂 And true, kahit rainy season ang init parin! 😐 But yes, the Bobbi Brown isn’t sticky 🙂

Thanks for sharing your faves! I personally love the Bobbi Brown pot rouges, too! 🙂

10. July 4, 2014 / 11:14 pm

Lovely picks! Burberry Midnight Brown is on my wishlist for sure and I’ve heard nothing but good things about that Collection concealer. Have a great weekend! xo

• July 22, 2014 / 12:58 pm

If you’ve a lot of brown shadows, the Burberry Midnight Brown one isn’t so unique 🙂 BUT formula is one of the best!

11. July 5, 2014 / 2:39 am

Lovely picks, I love the collection concealer more than the Nars one, which was a surprise for me as Nars is my all time favourite make-up brand. Those artnet brushes look great too 🙂

Tilly Enn // A Beauty and Fashion Blog

• July 22, 2014 / 12:58 pm

Thank you Tilly!! 🙂 I love NARS too and if I had to pick one makeup brand to use forever, it’d be NARS.

12. How Does Dee DoIt
    July 5, 2014 / 4:11 am

I swear…the older we get the faster time flies by..is like a cruel joke:) We don’t get so many of these things in North America *shakes fists at skies* why whhhy. The Ellana minerals duo sounds so interesting Shari. He Bobbi brown stick foundation is my go to when I’m traveling. It’s so easy to use! Love my mineralize skin finish too ( just not the packaging!). I keep telling everyone about my love for the Estee Lauder double wear concealer Shari. .Try it next I’m sure you’ll love it!!

• July 22, 2014 / 1:00 pm

Ellana Minerals is a local brand, Dee 🙂 Id be happy to send you some stuff if you want 🙂 And the Bobbi stick – on my wishlist! I’ve heard great things about it. I even contemplated on getting it instead of my Skin Foundation but I’m loving the Skin’s formula. The Stick I’d love to get for travelling and on the go! I’ll look out for the EL double wear concealer, too – thank you!

13. July 6, 2014 / 8:19 am

Where did you buy those brushes Shari? I’m curious.

• July 22, 2014 / 1:01 pm

Most unlikely of places – Metro Dept. Store 🙂 I was there for passport renewal and I ended up in the cosmetics section :)) LOL

• July 22, 2014 / 9:31 pm

I’m checking those out next time. Thanks!

14. Nicole
    July 7, 2014 / 2:02 pm

What shade do you wear in the Bobbi Brown foundation?

• July 22, 2014 / 1:01 pm

Warm Beige, Nicole 🙂

• July 22, 2014 / 1:01 pm

It’s my favorite foundation at the moment !

15. July 7, 2014 / 11:11 pm

I am intrigued to try Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Midnight Brown. Overall I love your June favorites Shari

• July 22, 2014 / 1:01 pm

Thank you FIONA!!

16. expatmuaddict
    July 18, 2014 / 11:37 pm

I am so on the fence about the MAC mineralise powder-I find it is quite cakey on me yet I keep buying it! Maybe it’s because my oily skin breaks down the initial cake-iness quite quickly. Anyway I have bought 3 lol!

I have just bought Burberry Midnight Brown, can’t wait to try it

Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

• July 22, 2014 / 1:02 pm

LOL Stacey!! You crack me up. Love how you bought 3 yet youre on the fence! I wonder how many you buy of stuff you LOVE 🙂 Hehe !

Midnight Brown isnt so unique if you have so many warm browns but the formula of BURBERRY is just too good to pass on.