Almost Too Girly For My Life – Pink & Purple Eye Look

youtube video makeup tutorial asian

OMG A SECOND VIDEO

This one is kind of a — fail — because I realized my camera doesn’t do continuous autofocus. Which means – how the heck do I film a makeup video having to stay on the same spot the camera focused on initially? I don’t understand why you’d do such a thing, Canon! Well, actually I do — so we money-shitting mortals feel the urge to keep on upgrading. But no way am I ready to shell out more $$$ for camera gear anytime soon. Sooo, I guess I’ll have to suck it up, make do and just not move as much (!?!?!) when I do videos. #GoodluckShari Anyway, for this look — I decided to incorporate some pink into my otherwise uniform slash favorite purple eye makeup look and well, I actually like it! I think it didn’t step the line of overly-girly (which is not at all bad, I mean what the hell does overly-girly even mean/look), which is something I think I can’t pull off. Full disclosure: part of the video is a BLURRR so I apologize. Also, this is in no way a tutorial because I’m still relatively a newbie on this whole makeup business – so take everything I do here with the smallest pinch of salt. I mean, the intense brush and eyelid action in here must have the pros cringing. Woops! Hehe.

Anyhoots — thanks for watching!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:21 am

Thanks so much dear! Always appreciate your comments! 🙂

• July 31, 2014 / 11:21 am

Thank you Jannatul!!

1. July 22, 2014 / 3:28 pm

Bahaha, I usually use manual focus, the autofocus is a problematic one 😀 I love this video, you’re so adorable!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:22 am

Gurl pano naman ang manual focus WHILE filming? Huhu. I do manual with photos rin most of the time, but I need AUTO for vijos!!! 🙁 I cry. And shucks hanks Keiti! I like being called adorable :)) Haha. I almost never hear that said about me anymore /senti/

2. July 22, 2014 / 4:53 pm

Haha, let them cringe! It’s not all-cutesy (aegyo makeup look), which I think girly makeup looks like 😛 Based on the clothes I’ve seen you wear, hindi nga mag-mamatch yung parang dolly eyes… etc.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:26 am

Had to look up AEGYO makeup look and matry nga yan sometime! actually, before I probably look ‘cutesy’ without even knowing it cos I had a stage where I was obsessed with contact lenses during my pregnancy :)) Hahaha! But yah, super hindi match sa mga suot ko if I do aegyo looks, ‘mommy vibes’ na ako manamit ngayon /proud/ 🙂 hahaha

3. July 22, 2014 / 6:52 pm

i love the eye look and often use pink on and purple on my lid but not often together and not often with pink lipstick.. all that pink seems to work for other ppl (like yourself! you look great) but i also feel like its too ‘girly for my life”

Jenn

A Beautiful Zen

• July 31, 2014 / 11:27 am

I realized I never really wear pink eye makeup…. I guess it’s cos it has the tendency to make my hooded eyes look smaller. But pairing it with purple here surprisingly didn’t have the same effect 🙂

4. July 22, 2014 / 11:27 pm

Oh it’s not that bad. Your beautiful beautiful make-up make me forget all about the blur! 😉 Seriously though, you look stunning.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:27 am

Awww thanks babe!! Your comments are always too kind 🙂

5. July 23, 2014 / 12:29 am

Great to see another video, Shari! This is such a pretty, feminine look- Dior Wonderland looks great on you! xo

• July 31, 2014 / 11:28 am

Jenn!! Thank you 🙂 I made a mistake in the video – it’s not Wonderland. It’s Magique 😐

6. July 23, 2014 / 1:27 am

I love the Pink+Purple Combo! 🙂 Btw, would love to see your face zoomed in so that I can see what your doing better! 😀

• July 31, 2014 / 11:29 am

Thanks Juvy! And yes, will do on next videos (if ever HAHA).
      Actually it was meant to be looked at far kasi in reality IDK what the helll I’m doing.
      And from afar… it seems less like so. 😉 Hahaha

7. July 23, 2014 / 1:45 am

I love the combination – pink can be too girly so grounding it with the purple makes it a little less girly LOL.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:29 am

Thank you Nina! 😉

8. July 23, 2014 / 2:14 am

HAHAHAHA your face when you realized there’s too much blush!!! So cute :3 and your pilit close mouth while applying mascara.. hihihi! You engage really well on video. When you get that focus thing in order, I hope you get on to speaking! 😀

• July 31, 2014 / 11:30 am

GURL pampatulog yung speaking videos ko. I’ll try though but wala talaga.. I don’t have a pleasant voice! :)) Anyway, sagwa lang ng pilit close mouth but I guess it’s better than naka-nganga ako sa video! Hehe.

• July 31, 2014 / 11:30 am

Thanks Holly!

9. jgpangi
    July 23, 2014 / 9:23 pm

Eyeliner like a boss, Shari! Parang I love the caviar stick, pero so much effort to blend! The slight hint of pink is just the right amount of girly, in my opinion, and it makes your lipstick really noticeable without being overly so *two thumbs up* 🙂

So happy you made another video, keep them coming!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:31 am

Thanks for the encouraging words as always, ha!! 🙂 Means a lot to me talaga, gurl!! 🙂 Will try to do more, any suggestions?:)

July 24, 2014 / 5:28 pm

Watched this so many times and kept laughing from your subtitles. Haha! Voice over next time!! 😉

• July 31, 2014 / 11:32 am

Hmmmm.. voiceover! Didn’t think of that. Sige will TRY. But I dont have a pleasant voice eh! Mamaya if you guys hear my voice, wala na – I’m dead to you na. BWAHAHAHAHA!

11. anne0822
    July 25, 2014 / 7:47 am

funny captions/subtitles! love the video!!

P.S. can you do a “my makeup station” post? I love the lighted mirror behind you!

• July 31, 2014 / 11:33 am

Hi Anne! THANK YOU!

And yes, I will keep it in mind. BUT FIRST, I must get it organized hehe.

12. August 1, 2014 / 10:37 am

Omg, keeping up with Ate Shari ang goal for the day! Hahahaha! You’re so kyot :3 Onga, voice over next time and makeup collection vid din. Hihi!