On Changes and A Little Makeup Play with Glowy Neutrals

June 16, 2014

fotdfotd2

Changes

We’ve officially moved in to our new place and have been doing a lot of unpacking, settling down and running back and forth to Home Depot for miscellaneous items we still need. Makeup is the last thing on my mind the past week, to be honest. Only been reaching for concealer and the Dior Fluid Stick (Mirage) to look a little less zombie-fied.

Also, I haven’t gotten the chance to take blogs photos as I’m still scouting which area of the house and at what time would be best for it. I do like that our house allows natural light to shine through most of the time, though so I don’t have a problem with lighting. But as we’re still in the adjustment stage — it’s been quite the challenge to find time to do anything blog-related.

I did manage to test one area today though and with it, I’ll be sharing a simple neutral look that managed to make me look glowing despite my completely opposite haggard feeling.

fotd3

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Midnight Brown (review here). Ahhh, my favorite neutral brown. It may look like it’s just another other brown shade… and it is — but with a beautiful sheen that doesn’t look overly shimmery for daytime. It’s also so so (!!!) buttery and smooth that I feel like I can just dab my pinky on it and it’ll blend by itself. If there’s any other eyeshadow single I want more of, it’s Burberry’s (Oh Pale Barley, why did I ever let you go when I had the chance to get you).

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eyeshadow in Unforgettable Oriole (review here).  My no-fail inner lid shade that I reach for so often I’m sure you’re already yawning or have already yawned by now. So I won’t blab further, I’ll just say that this may be the first single I’d be hitting pan on this year (or the next).

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. Have a love-hate relationship with this one. Most of the time love but sometimes, I find it cakey and drying. Ugh. But anyway, I really like the pigmentation and lasting power of this one as well as the subtle brightening effect it gives off without needing any micro glitter particles to pull it off.

Rouge Dior Lipstick in Grege (review here). My ultimate “nude” slash “MLBB” shade in a formula my lips love to love. No explanation necessary, just pure love.

Pixi All Over Magic Radiance Brightening Highlighter. The Great Glow Inducer. Because I’m currently scrimping on my Burberry Nude Radiance, I’ve been turning to this Pixi one more often than Hourglass Incandescent Light (the one in the palette) because it’s much more opaque without looking too fake (the rhyming skills, yo). There are bits of microshimmer though but they’re too tiny you need to be a nose away to see.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat. I forgot to include this in the photo, woops. The first time I used this, it was seriously like my cheeks were on fire (see here) but at that time, I wore it for my passport photo so the intensity was kinda necessary. I used a lighter hand for this look so as not to scare the neighbors when they see me um, taking out the trash.

fotd4bfotd5

ETCETERA

And the usuals, MAC Dirty Blonde Brow Gelcreme and Maybelline Fashion Brow Mascara for the brows — Maybelline’s lightest shade pairs really well with my hair color at the moment.

Also, still very much into Benefit’s They’re Real Push-Up Liner though I’ve discovered a minor qualm about it — the gel left outside the slit after using dries up so the next usage makes for a more challenging, not-so-smooth application. Fret not, I discovered wiping off the excess before clicking in a new batch of gel upwards is key.

For eye prep, my trusty MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre is still irreplaceable.

Processed with VSCOcam with m4 preset

FIN

That’s it for this simple, quick FOTD. I’ve been so behind on comments that it makes me sad I haven’t gotten any time to chat with you guys. I share this photo above for a peek at what’s for sure going to keep me busy in the next few days (hopefully not more than a day or two though) — organizing my makeup vanity! Any tips, tricks, storage solutions? Do let me know!

How about some more reading?

39 comments

Divya June 16, 2014 at 9:50 pm

This is such a stunning look Shari! You look BEAUTIFUL as always! 🙂 BTW, I featured you in my post yesterday for my favorite bloggers! Check it out! 🙂

TheConscienceFund

Shari June 20, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Thank you thank you Divyyyy!! I always blush reading your comment 😉 And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the feature – so many TCF readers coming through cos of it! Wheee!!!

Victoria June 16, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Pretty, as always 🙂 And this may be weird, but I like your table just the way it is. Messy beautiful. Haha

Shari June 20, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Aw thanks gurl. It “looks” messy beautiful pero it gets frustrating looking for items I don’t know where I stashed so di talaga okay :))

Raven Ang June 16, 2014 at 10:05 pm

Your glow is ah-mazing!! I want your vanity. :(( Your mirror looks really nice. My aunt has an amazing vanity mirror. And congrats in moving to your new house!! Makeup has been the last thing on my mind too.. Experiencing some loss and I’m still so heartbroken.

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Thanks Ray! I’ve been lemming for that Candlelight highlighter by KA too but must stop myself from buying ALL THE HIGHLIGHTERS!
Shucks, I don’t know how you may feel right now but stay strong cos I know you’re a strong girl, babe. Hope everything will be better soon even if now, you don’t see things getting better. I am a firm believer in prayer (even if I’m not so religious myself) and how you need to let it out so you can feel calmer (if not better) and cope easier. Praying for you, Ray.

Raven Ang June 20, 2014 at 6:14 pm

The way people rave about it make me want to get it sooooo much. :(( Thank you so much Shari. Your words mean so much to me. 🙂 Getting better but I still think of her everyday.

PS get Selene a doggy!!

CJ June 16, 2014 at 11:37 pm

No biggie! I’m sure you have a lot on your plate. Congratulations on your new place though! I like the lighting, but I find it off somewhat. The crispness is there but the lighting. PS. I want your vanity mirror. Like now. :))))

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Aw thanks CJ! I agree, the lighting is ehhh~. I think the sun was too harsh at this time. Thanks for the feedback, always appreciate it!!! 🙂 And the vanity is my sister’s design – she’s an interior designer kasi 🙂

Juvy | Plump Cheeks June 16, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Pictures and makeup are beautiful, as always! <3

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Eeeeehhh, thanks Juvy! ❤

Pauline June 17, 2014 at 12:13 am

LOVE the pictures you have here 😀 Everything looks SO stunning! Need to get my hands on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, you look so stunning with that glow you have on!

<3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Aww thank you Pauline! 🙂 Love how my ‘glow’ translated in these photos, too!

Carina June 17, 2014 at 12:31 am

GANDA PLS. <3

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:12 pm

EEEH THANK YOU PLS. :’)

Sharlynn June 17, 2014 at 1:33 am

Love the look doll! The cheeks are just glowing with that hourglass blush and the nude lip is perfect! Everything is so natural and flawless!

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Thank you thank you as always Shar!!! ❤

Jennifer Monforton June 17, 2014 at 2:14 am

Good luck with settling in- moving can be exciting, but stressful! Love this look– so glowy and flattering 🙂

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Right right – exciting but stressful indeed!! 🙂 Thanks Jenn!!

Cassandrapamela June 17, 2014 at 4:09 am

You look gorgeous, Shari!! love the nude lipstick, suits your complexion very well! <3

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Thank you Pam!! Truly one of my favorite lipsticks this Grege 🙂

Beth Bradley June 17, 2014 at 4:13 am

Lovely look, so natural and your skin looks flawless.

Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
xx

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Thanks, Beth!

Nikki P. June 17, 2014 at 5:51 am

I love the whole look Shari. I’m envious of the glow. LOL

Anyway, for storage, I depend on the acrylic drawers from Muji but I have a larger one I bought from Miss Bella Ph to fit my palettes and blushes.

Eileen June 17, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Just checked out Miss Bella Ph because I was on the hunt for acrylic organizers & wow they have a pretty good selection! Thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Checking out their selections too!! 🙂 What are you eyeing on beb??

Eileen June 20, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I’m liking the small bella box! :3 it’s so cool that your sister designed that table btw!

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I’ve seen the Miss Bella drawers sometime back but forgot about them!! Thanks for the heads up again, Nikki!! 🙂 I think I like the big one! How is the quality of acrylic compared to Muji’s btw?

Coco June 17, 2014 at 11:09 am

Beautiful! Hope you’re getting settled in well x

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Coco!!!

Eileen June 17, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Your vanity mirror looks so lovely with those lights! <3

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Thanks Eiles! My sister designed the table 🙂

Beauty by Tellie June 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm

OMG YAAAAS welcome welcome! How are you finding it here? Ganda ng vanity mo, but I prefer to keep my stuff in those acrylic medicine boxes (howard’s, true value) rather than the Muji ones. The latter seems prone to scratching and is pretty lightweight. I have two long baskets, one for bases and one for eyeshadows/blushes. Depende sa treasures mo girl.

NAMISS KITA <3 <3 <3

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:18 pm

TELLIE!!!!! I miss you too gurlfran!!! :'( I hope to see you soon AND ESP since I’m on your turf na!! Wheee!! So far – I’ve only gone sightseeing in Wilcon, Puregold, SnR, SM North Edsa :)) Looking forward to discovering more places soon! Umm, a coffee shop to meet with you perhaps? 😉

And thanks for the Howard’s/True Value acrylic boxes tip – I’ll be sure to check them out when I get the chance. I’m eyeing a Muji acrylic again pero I want options so thanks for pointing me to these stores!

Hollie Damz June 17, 2014 at 5:35 pm

yep, I like the lighting in that area you picked! can’t wait to see how you organize your makeup once your vanity area is done! Me, I tend to organize my makeup depending on how often I use them. I have a place for my most used makeup items, then the rest I organize by function, eg. all eyeshadows, all blushes. I also suggest, you do not mix your unopened and unused makeup with the rest. ^_^

Shari June 20, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Thank you for the feedback Hollie!! Appreciate it loads. It’s been more than two days and I still have not organized anything :)) I’m still scouting some storage techniques (acrylic as well as DIY ones)! Will be sharing them when I do finish fixing everything 🙂 Also, thanks for the top on separating unused and used makeup. I’ve thrown everything together when I packed for the move 😐 I’ll keep it in mind when I’m organizing! Thanks again Hollie.

Becoming Sleek June 18, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I envy your table setup! Those acrylic organizers look really good.

Katsy Faustino June 20, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Hi Shari! Love your tray setup – so elegant! 🙂

Ohms Emocling July 1, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Hi Shari! Its been long time! it’s not beauty related, I’ve just noticed how your face looks slim, is it the make up?or you’ve lose weight?mas bagay sayo…Solenn Heusaff ang peg.:)