Mani Mondays: Nail Frenzy with Chanel Frenzy

frenzy frenzy2c

The New Nude

After a few swipes of The Red, another sanity (albeit temporary) fix for my rather disconsolate state is a coat (or two!) of Chanel nail polish. Sounds snobbish (yikes), but any nail polish will do — I just crossed the bridge to crazy waaaay back after experiencing major ease of application with a Chanel lacquer. When I say major ease of use, I mean being able to color within the lines, you guys — virtually no flooding and excess polish I have to clean up afterwards (most of the time!). No streaks, goopage or any notable issues that would make me want to just throw the bottle on the wall and concede. So yes, call me crazy (or whatever you want) for giving in to $29 nail polishes but if it makes application practically effortless for an impatient, incompetent nail chump like myself — bring it on. frenzy3 frenzy4

A Frenzy for Frenzy

Chanel Frenzy changed the way we ladies wore neutral shades. I clearly remember the neutral slash nude spectrum reserved for the beiges, tans and the lightest of pinks. Who knew that an understated muted grey will shake the neutral world down to its core? It even conjured up a whole new world worthy of its own name, the greige (grey beige).   Frenzy manages to look great on all skintones — most of what I’ve seen online, anyway. I’ve witnessed the shade worn by the palest of pales to the most tanned of tans and it pulls off subtle sophistication every time. I usually do two thin layers but full opacity of the true color can be achieved by three. Formula is so smooth, it practically applies itself — I’ve even timed myself applying this in two coats and I can do both hands for only 5 minutes and 38 seconds with topcoat! Wear time, on average is around 4 days before I see some minor chipping. However, worn with a base coat and a top coat on – it can last well over a week.
Chanel Frenzy

Pass the hand cream, please. My hands and cuticles need some love.

Final Thoughts

Now I wouldn’t exactly recommend shelling out $$$ for a bottle of nail polish when you can easily get a dupe of this shade for $1 or so with the cheaper alternatives available in the market. However, if like me, you’ve lost all sanity and have decided to cross the bridge and try out nail polish with hefty price tags — then Chanel Frenzy is one I’m certain you’ll be using until the last drop.
Any favorite nude shades of polish? Do share!

May 26, 2014 / 4:17 pm

My absolute fave nude is Orly’s Country Club Khaki. It’s one of theit best sellers! And I do agree that what you’re paying for is the quality of these polishes. 🙂

2. May 26, 2014 / 4:25 pm

Oh I love this one as well! My favorite nudes are Dior Incognito, Chanel Frenzy, and Dior Yacht. I really don’t wear beiges well!

• silverkis
      May 27, 2014 / 4:23 pm

me neither Sunny.. beiges dont look good on me at all… but chic nudes, now we’re talking!

3. Zazie Bibi
    May 26, 2014 / 5:30 pm

Such a gorgeous shade! x

4. May 26, 2014 / 11:16 pm

It’s such a pretty color! But huhu, can’t afford. Oh well, I’ll stick to OPI nalang hehe :p And I love your new header <3 PS. Posted a photo of myself in Mehr na pala hahaha

5. May 27, 2014 / 3:11 am

from time to time I am in the mood for taupe shades on my nails, I have frenzy somewhere laying around and you reminded me that I have to wear it once again. beautiful pictures! I am not that much into nudes on my nails but essie and dior have some nice ones x

6. May 27, 2014 / 3:34 am

This is such a beautiful, wearable neutral. Chanel rarely gets it wrong! OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons is my favourite beige-nude polish 🙂

7. silverkis
    May 27, 2014 / 4:22 pm

Oh dear… more Chanel polish madness!!! I swear they come up with colors just to tempt my money! But i’ve always had problems with their brushes… can’t work it. Klutz!

8. Becoming Sleek
    May 27, 2014 / 10:18 pm

Ah Chanel, I still have you on my nail polish wishlist. Although I would prefer maybe a bright blue or purple or something, if I’m spending $29 on a polish. 😛

9. May 27, 2014 / 11:42 pm

So flattering – you really can’t beat that chic bottle either!

10. May 28, 2014 / 2:39 am

[ Smiles ] Chanel was always a premium product and will always be!

11. June 13, 2018 / 1:53 am

I have checked your page and i have found some duplicate content, that’s why you don’t rank high in google, but there is a tool that can help you to create 100% unique articles,
    search for: SSundee advices unlimited content for your blog