The Chop by Park Jun Beauty Lab

park jun beauty salon

AFK

*wipes off cobwebs* Hello hello, I’m back. My daughter was rushed to the hospital last Thursday for pneumonia. She was admitted immediately and ugh, it just broke my heart seeing my daughter in pain (headaches, throat infections, etc). We stayed for three days and only got out last Saturday night. She was a major trooper with the needles and IVs though, only flinching at the prick. Still, it made me feel so weak seeing her not at her usual cheerful and vivacious self. So weak, in fact, that I also caught an infection myself making things worse. I couldn’t stand up from the bed and move around when the little one is bored from lying in bed watching Hi5 reruns all day. Lesson learned: always take your vitamins.

Stresses on Them Tresses

Before I get on with the usual makeup hulabaloo, I just want to share what I finally did with my hair after all the drama~~ I started and continued mulling over in the past months. Well — I FINALLY CHOPPED IT OFF! It took a number of stressful situations to give me the final push I needed. I know people say that you shouldn’t cut your hair when you’re sad or mad, but I never listened to that advice. A haircut always always makes me feel a whole lot better. Of course, the secret to not being disappointed is that I don’t just go to any hairstylist for it. Ever since my first Park Jun experience, I’ve never strayed from Kino Lee who I trust with all my head of hair (split ends included).
Complimentary Korean snacks and OMG CALPIS WATER (I love this stuff)!!

Complimentary Korean snacks and OMG CALPIS WATER (I love this stuff)!!

X INCHES GONE

I don’t exactly know how many inches were cut off (and I didn’t want to know) because. I only said that I wanted a shorter cut that isn’t too short that I’d be up all night crying about it. I hate wispy cuts because they accentuate split ends, which is why I’m amazed that Kino didn’t even suggest it and went for a blunt cut instead. I’ve encountered so many hairdressers before insisting on wispy layers even if they know my hair is dry and prone to split ends (which is why I never saw them again). So though I think I look better with longer hair — I feel much lighter and more comfortable with this style of cut. Also, it’s so much easier to manage! My long hair then was just always tied up in a pony or a bun because I have no time to heat style it. Here’s a photo of my hair a few days after my haircut to show how it looks with minimal styling (only hand-dried with ends curled inwards using a flat iron). parkjunhairsalon2

Kino Lee

If you’re looking for a cut, I have nothing but praises for my Korean hairstylist of choice, Kino Lee. Do note that this is not a sponsored or a complimentary post. After my first experience (which was the complimentary one), I’ve decided to stick to Park Jun for my hair styling needs and so after my first, I’ve been a 100% paying customer. No regrets, because I’d rather pay than cry my eyes out at night over a botched job that was free (cue in horrible experience here that I shall not name anymore). Because of that incident and being overcome with the realization that I have attachment and OC-ness issues regarding my hair, I’ve elevated my relationship with my hairdresser to “sacred” level (dramatic, I know).parkjunhairsalon copy

May 12, 2014 / 5:46 pm

Suits you! Sorry to hear about Selene. 🙁 Glad she’s okay.

• May 12, 2014 / 6:09 pm

Thanks Raven! Still on the road to full recovery 🙂

2. May 12, 2014 / 6:18 pm

I’m so sorry about Selene. I’m glad that she’s doing fine now. And you, woman! Y U not drink yer vitamins? -_- Anyway, loooove your new haircut! Looks really good on you! 🙂

• May 15, 2014 / 4:06 pm

Thank yew V! :* Appreciate it. and yes, hate capsules kasi (not a fan of syrups either). Basically Im screwed. Hah.

3. May 12, 2014 / 6:50 pm

I like that particular length of hair. Your hair still looks long without the weight of longer hair. It’s easier to manage too.

Glad to know your daughter is okay. She’s braver about IVs than some adults I know. Haha! I bawled my eyes out once when my IV was taken out. I don’t know why; it wasn’t that painful.

• May 15, 2014 / 4:15 pm

Thanks for the input, Aviva! Appreciate it.

And thank you for this as well. I get more than flinch-y when it comes to IVs, too! The thought that a needle is stuck inside my veins is enough for me to feel pain :))

4. May 12, 2014 / 7:06 pm

Beautiful hair cut, suits you well!
    Hope your daughter is better now 😀

• May 15, 2014 / 4:17 pm

Thanks, Natalie! She’s recovering now 🙂

5. May 12, 2014 / 7:30 pm

Glad you’re out of the hospi now! Health is wealth!
    Also, I think I like this length on you more than the longer one.

littellebratontheloose.blogspot.com

• May 15, 2014 / 4:17 pm

Thank you Elle!! 🙂

6. May 12, 2014 / 8:23 pm

Pretty as always! I don’t take vitamins as well (haha!) but I don’t get sick easily naman. It has been years since the last time I had flu or colds *knocks on wood* ‘di ko na matandaan actually eh lol

anyway, I had also a major haircut last March.

take care! xx

• May 15, 2014 / 4:19 pm

I wish I had your immunity, gurl! Years since the flu?! I have one every other month, almost as if it were my period lang. How was your haircut? 🙂

• May 15, 2014 / 4:19 pm

Thanks, Cielo 🙂

7. May 13, 2014 / 12:24 am

The new hair looks great! Loving the layers 🙂 And sending good vibes to your daughter! xo

• May 15, 2014 / 4:19 pm

Thanks, Jennifer. Appreciate the good vibes!

8. May 13, 2014 / 8:39 am

You look so gorgeous with your new locks Shari! I can understand the frustration when you said how many hairdressers insist on cutting layers despite it being obvious how dry and prone to split ends someone’s hair is. Mine has the bonus of being limp and fine so layers just don’t work for me.

• May 15, 2014 / 4:22 pm

DIBA. I don’t get why they love those wispy cuts 🙁 Oh and especially on fine and limp hair, wispy cuts = NO talaga. Which salon do you go to, Nikki?

9. May 13, 2014 / 9:13 am

awww I hope dear daughter gets well soon, I know how it feels, literally. My 10 month old baby just had pneumonia and we stayed at the hospital for 5 days…. BTW, the new do looks great!
    Random Beauty by Hollie

• May 15, 2014 / 4:23 pm

Oh shucks, 5 days :'( Nakaka-weak noh? Sana tayo na lang may sakit. Hope your little one is all better now, Hollie!

10. Tine Despares
    May 13, 2014 / 9:02 pm

Cute!!!! Looks so good on you Chari! you look like a Korean too actually 🙂 hehehe

love lots,
    Tin

mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

• May 15, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Thank you Tine! 🙂 And haha, talaga? I look Korean!? 🙂 That’s new! Not a bad thing, right? Hehe!

11. May 14, 2014 / 4:58 pm

I can still remember when you blogged about that horrible hair experience. Lol. Love this shorter cut on you & ang cutiepie Kino Lee! :3

• May 15, 2014 / 4:25 pm

Lets keep it our dirty little secret;) LOL! Hahaha. Thanks Eileen!
      And cutiepie Kino Lee pala ha – he looks like he came out from a Koreanovela, right? Haha!

• May 15, 2014 / 8:29 pm

True haha! This makes me want to re-watch my fave Kdrama: Boys Over Flowers. =))

12. May 15, 2014 / 4:45 pm

Oh, Selene. I hope she’s a lot better now!

I LOVE the new hair!!! You’re always so pretty, teh! I look ten times older than you na! 🙁 Hehehe my hair’s dry and prone to split ends din. 🙁 I wish they have a branch here in Pampanga! #probinsyanaproblems

13. May 19, 2014 / 2:01 pm

I hope your sweet girl is feeling better. And the haircut looks great!

14. May 19, 2014 / 11:11 pm

Aww so glad that selene and you are back to perfect health! Nothing is more heartbreaking than seeing your baby in pain. 🙁

Oh and may I say that I love Park jun too! They’re the best! Especially the last time they coloured my hair, it faded out nicely. 🙂

15. Replica
    May 19, 2014 / 11:31 pm

Sorry about your little girl, hope she is on the mend, its the worst thing in the world when your little ones are ill.
    Your hair is absolutely gorgeous 🙂

16. May 20, 2014 / 3:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your girl and yourself being ill. Hope you’re back in good health now!
    Love the new hair. Going shorter for Summer can be so refreshing! I chopped my hair off too – in two different sessions.. But I did lose 20cm in total I think. I sometimes feel like throwing myself on the floor to cry about it, but then I think about how quickly I can blow-dry my hair now and I’m ok. I’m growing out my bangs first, and then we’ll work on getting my long locks back. I have a blunt cut too since my hair can get quite dry as well – I love how it makes thinner hair look quite thick too!