On-the-Go Makeup Look

on the go makeup

What to do when you’ve got only 30 seconds?

As a final follow up to my On the Go vs. Take Your Time entry, I’ll be sharing my feels-like-I’ve-only-30-seconds look. As I mentioned in that post, I have a tendency to reach for products that don’t require me to use brushes or extra tools, except for finishing powders. So as opposed to my full makeup look that takes me more than half an hour to achieve, my on-the-go makeup look I can finish in 5-8 minutes, tops (I timed myself!).  no time makeup look

The Look

I’ve skipped any sort of eye makeup except for pencil eyeliner and lash curler. I can’t be bothered to put on eyeshadow because I’m quite obsessive when it comes to blending and doing the whole lid wash + darker outer half + even darker outer v + browbone highlight application. I almost never do a one-shade look because I found that it’s not flattering for my eyes. So it’s either full eye makeup or none at all. I haven’t posted about the Pixi Beauty Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black which is a shame because it’s one of the better eyeliners I’ve tried in a long time. Creamy and glides on effortlessly even without tugging on your lid. The NARS Brow Perfector in Carpates is quite easy to use but doesn’t match my current hair color at all so I always need to top it off with a brow mascara, usually MAC Girl Boy. I forgot to include the lipstick I used in this look which is NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park, a light peach with pink and brown undertones. I’ve sharpened this quite a few times already and though it looks boring, I find it doesn’t wash me out like most peach nudes do. I’ve even contemplated on buying a back-up, in case I run out soon, which I almost never think about when it comes to lipsticks. Also, I seem to have formed an attachment to my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (review) which just easily warms, highlights and overall awakens my otherwise dull and sullen complexion. I will try to do a post which illustrates its effects because I think a lot of people are still unconvinced by its magical powers~. As for me? Once I found the most effective way of applying it, we haven’t parted since.

Products Used Base, Dior BB Cream Setting Powder, Ellana Minerals Pressed Mineral Powder (link) Blush, Chanel Creme Blush in Affinite Finishing Powders, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette Eyeliner, Pixi Silky Eye Pen Brow Pencil, NARS Brow Perfector in Carpates Curler, Koji Eyelash Curler Lipstick, NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park

1. April 18, 2014 / 6:33 am

And…pretty as always! I can be quite obsessive with my eye shadow too. But sometimes, I like to use just one shade for a wash of color on my lids. I normally use my CT Bad to the Bronze for it. Anyway, see you tomorrow! 🙂

2. April 18, 2014 / 10:34 am

Lovely picks and definitely you look very completely done up! I’d love to try that pixi eyeliner, I’ve been soo tempting to order one as I’ve seen that its so pigmented, smooth and longwearing!

3. April 18, 2014 / 11:06 am

Same here. I skip eye makeup when I’m in a hurry except eyeliner. I’m so used to it now, I feel naked without it. Haha

4. April 18, 2014 / 1:20 pm

I can’t do my makeup in 10 minutes T___T I like taking my time and I hate hurrying

5. April 18, 2014 / 1:45 pm

I can never seem to get a “good” full face in under 30 minutes. I think I need a good base, powder or a cream/liquid that sets fast.

6. Replica
    April 18, 2014 / 10:49 pm

Beautiful look, your skin looks flawless 🙂

7. April 18, 2014 / 11:11 pm

You’re always gorgeous! Grabe!!! I look older than you. Boo. 🙁
    I don’t even do my eye makeup. Kainis. Even if I have all the time in the world. Which reminds me, I haven’t touched the LM Artist Palette!!!! NKKLK!

Ay teh, do you recommend the Hourglass palette to girls with oily skin? =)

8. Coco
    April 18, 2014 / 11:40 pm

GORGEOUS! I’m this close to buying a Chanel Cream Blush xx

9. April 19, 2014 / 6:32 am

Haha, 5 minutes does seem like 30 seconds when you’re doing makeup.

April 19, 2014 / 12:10 pm

I honestly have all the time in the world now! I even did my eye makeup five times once.

11. April 20, 2014 / 2:13 am

Natural and glowy- you look lovely! Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders really are fab 🙂

12. April 21, 2014 / 10:35 am

When I scrolled down & saw your photo I literally went “WOW. Can she get any prettier??” – I adore this look, very fresh! <3 <3 <3 I'm curious tuloy about that Pixi eyeliner since it looks so good on you! I've never tried applying eyeliner on myself so I'm on the lookout for a good one that's beginner-friendly. 🙂

13. Michelle
    April 25, 2014 / 11:38 am

Oh my! Every time I see you modeling a look…. <3
    TGIF beautiful lady!

14. July 20, 2014 / 4:53 pm

this makeup looks gorgeous, i’m surprised it took you so little time!

15. February 20, 2015 / 6:55 am

such a gorgeous look in no little time! Not that you need a lot (or any for that matter) anyways x

<a href="www.ericarosa.com"EricaRosa