The Multitasker: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Fresh Melon

bobbi brown pot rouge

Let’s Hear it for Multitasking

Are you a multitasker? I’m certainly not. No matter how much I try to convince myself that I am I mean it’s the Age of Multitasking, who’s not a multitasker these days?— when it gets down to it, I can only ever do one task at hand. I can’t text and listen to someone speak at the same time. I can’t write a blog entry, watch a movie/show while texting and browsing Facebook. I can’t even take notes while a professor is teaching which means during school, it was either I sat through the whole lesson and rely on auditory memory later or take notes and not remember a word from the lecture. I mostly engaged on the former, if you’re interested to know. Thank God beauty products can be multitaskers. pr2bpr3b

Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge

The Pot Rouge is a cream-based formula which is great on both lips and cheeks for a sheer, stained finish. The cream is more of the waxy type as opposed to the velvety, somewhat silicone-y texture of the Chanel Creme Blushes. They are soft and smooth – not at all sticky so those who are wary of products that may leave the skin overly dewy verging on oily would be happy to know that this is not one to overlook. Fresh Melon* is a beautiful peach with a slight pink undertone. On the cheeks, this is very non-greasy (as compared to the Stila Convertibles) and blends so easily that it sheers out to a very subtle skin-like glow. It looks so natural that I could almost swear I flush peach naturally. I usually do a few layers to get it to the opacity I’m comfortable with, as one layer is a bit too subtle for my liking. On the lips, they don’t sit well with parched, flaky lips so proper prep is necessary. What I do is top it off with a gloss for times when I only have 30 seconds to spare on makeup. I apply this purely with my fingers but I found the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to pack this on perfectly at the opacity I want in fewer layers. pr4bobbi brown pot rouge

Final Thoughts

The Pot Rouge is a beautiful cream blush for those who love natural, dewy yet non-greasy finishes. I would say this would work on combination skin but maybe the oily-skinned would find it a bit too heavy for their liking. This is perfectly suited for those with dry and extra dry skin because they do not cling on dry or flaky patches. For those who are combination-skinned like me, you can pat on translucent powder on top to reduce the dewiness. I personally love the glowing natural flush it gives my skin… I mean, if I flushed peach naturally. I’ve been enjoying using Fresh Melon a lot these days and I haven’t felt that it was too heavy or icky despite the summer heat. I also used this during my recent beach trip and it was perfect for the sunkissed look! It pretty much tied up the effortless, beach chic look I was aiming for.

Have you tried any Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges? Would love to know your thoughts on these!

*I received Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge as a PR sample from a press event. I received no compensation for this review as it was not required of me. All thoughts and opinions are purely my own.

1. April 10, 2014 / 1:34 am

The color looks amazing but I think I’ve sworn off “wet” cream blushes. My cheeks are really dry and they’re harder to apply maybe ’cause my skin drinks it up immediately? I prefer the siliconey formulation but Chanel is just too $$$!!!!!

2. April 10, 2014 / 2:08 am

That’s awesome that it isn’t greasy although it’s a cream product. I’ve seen the most beautiful cheek shades from them but am still very reluctant to buy any cream cheek products. I really think this is such a fresh and natural shade, so perfect for everyday wear or for a night out even! I love how it looks on you!

3. April 10, 2014 / 3:12 am

This is why my fave brand is Bobbi Brown. They have a lot of products for low maintenance/ lazy people like me.

4. peggy timmermans
    April 10, 2014 / 4:38 am

I ADORE cream blushes and I ADORE Bobbi Brown. Guess this combination can’t go wrong!

5. April 10, 2014 / 10:35 am

I just got this in the mail today and can’t wait to try it out! Pictures first though…ah the life of a beauty blogger 😉

6. April 10, 2014 / 1:51 pm

I’ve never tried cream blushes because yknow, oily skin. Hahaha! I’d love to try this out, though! Pero Chanel muna. 🙂

April 10, 2014 / 3:35 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with cream blushes. They just seem to slip and slide around so I attempted to set it with powder but the dewiness just disappeared. Why must things be so complicated with them?

8. April 10, 2014 / 7:42 pm

i’m in love with your photos!!

9. April 11, 2014 / 11:08 am

Whaattt, it looks superb on you! Really! I wish I can sport a blush without looking like someone slapped me. 🙁
    I’m still practicing! Getting there! Woot woot! And I’m loving cream blushes than powder since I get to control its pigmentation.

10. April 11, 2014 / 6:41 pm

This could probably work on me. Looks so good on youuu! I have always wanted to try cream blushes but since I’m combination/oily, medyo nag-aalangan ako. But since you mentioned that this isn’t too greasy, I might just give it a shot. Hehe. Thanks!

11. April 13, 2014 / 10:29 am

So pretty on you Shari! How much are these in Rustan’s?

12. Chi Y.
    April 13, 2014 / 9:23 pm

I love my Pale Pink Pot Rouge. It’s a warm pink that looks good with our yellow-toned skin. It is quick and easy to apply with fingers (in the car!), and lasts the whole day on my combination skin. I don’t use it on my lips though.

13. Nina
    April 14, 2014 / 2:44 pm

Finally, a rave about the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge! I have been searching and waiting for local bloggers to write about this product because it is really really good and I wanted to read on their thoughts about it. Im glad it finally got the spotlight it deserves in your article. 🙂 I also have it in Powder Pink and it gives such a natural dewy flush on the cheeks (like what you get after exercise or *ehem* after you-know-what). On the lips, it’s an MLBB with a semi-matte finish. Very nice. Im happy just reading your post about it and finding someone who likes it like i do. More power to you and your blog!

14. September 13, 2014 / 1:14 pm

I’ve used so many cream blushes that were hard to blend that I simply stopped buying. My main concern is the “pulling” of skin as you blend it. I got that impression with Stila. While the pigmentation seemed amazing, the blending part was the real turnoff. Second turnoff for me is dipping my fingers into the pot. 🙁 Buuut I’ll give this another swatch as you did mention how easy the pot rouge is to blend.