The Lipstick Tag!

l1lt2

All About Lipsticks

I’ve been seeing this in a number of beauty blogs and was eager to do it myself even if I wasn’t specifically tagged. However, my short attention span deterred me from answering it much as I wanted to. But when Carina tagged me in her own entry, I got the push I needed to finally put it up so here I am now!
P.S. – I’ll be gone for a few days to attend a wedding in beautiful, sunny Boracay (and celebrate my birthday on the 21st there, too!) so there may or may not be new posts coming up (I’ve some drafted posts but I’ve yet to finish them so I’m not sure if they’ll go up while I’m gone!). In the meantime, I have recently updated my category pages to a much more user-friendly grid layout so do check it out if you have time. I’ll link a few here: Lipsticks, Foundation, Eyeshadow, Blushes.

1. How many lipsticks do you own?

I never got around to counting it, primarily because I’m sure I have more than I need and don’t want to feel guilty. But for the sake of this tag, I did and it’s at the 50 mark (not counting lip glosses and lip balms). I have sold and given away a few already, though. Of course, this isn’t as many as others’ huge collection but for me, I find this too much still. Which reminds me – a blog sale is in order!

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?

My first one was a hand-me-down but since I can’t remember which one that is, I’ll go with the first one I bought myself and that is Revlon In the Red, a matte red lipstick. I’ve given that away to my sister, though.
lt3

3. What is your favorite lipstick brand?

Despite the percentage of MAC lipsticks I own, it’s not my favorite brand for lipsticks. My favorite lipstick brand would have to be Dior, particularly their Rouge Dior line. It’s the most forgiving formula on my perpetually dry lips. I also like their matte formula (Diorific) as it’s not too drying, but will have to explore other shades as I wasn’t particularly thrilled with my first one.

4. What is your most worn lipstick?

lt4

5. What is your favorite finish?

Hands down, my favorite finish is MATTE. However, since I can’t sport matte finishes due to my lip condition, my lips’ real favorite finish is SATIN. I’ve swatched a few random lipsticks below which are of matte and satin finishes.
lt5lt6L-R: Bloom Dusty Pink, MAC Mehr, MAC Velvet Teddy, Tom Ford Sable Smoke, Viva Glam Nicki, Chanel Exaltee

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?

Good question. It’s actually been a while since I bought a new lipstick! The newest in my collection are Diorific in Diorama and Rouge Dior in Sillage but I got those around January.

7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?

I don’t really plan how many lipsticks I bring for the day, I just always grab one to add to my makeup kit when I leave the house. So as I checked my makeup kit to answer this question, I found out I had more than enough to change lipsticks for a whole week. That’s why my bag felt a little heavier than usual. LOL. I had Rouge Dior in Grege (my ultimate favorite nude-pink), Tom Ford Spanish Pink, Chanel Le Baiser, NARS Carthage and three NARS Lip Pencils in Biscayne Park, Lodhi and Cruella.
lt7b

8. What is your favorite red lip color?

Hands down, MAC Viva Glam IGuerlain L’extrait in Orgeuil is a close second.

9. How do you store your lipsticks?

I allotted one drawer in my MUJI Acrylic Case for lipsticks, but since I’ve no more space in it anymore and refuse to take out my other makeup items in the remaining drawers to make room, I resorted to using a Lancome GWP Beauty Bag from the 2012 Christmas collection to store my other lipsticks in (which I didn’t include in this post anymore).
lt8

10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?

I am forever lusting over some SUQQU lipsticks! Thankfully, it’s hard to get a hold of so I don’t think I’ll be acquiring any anytime soon. Also, because of my dry lips, I find wearing lipstick to be such a task/hassle nowadays so I’m not at all itching for any at the moment. The last one I liked and almost bought though was Rouge Coco in Triomphe.
ltag

I tag a few of my favorite people to do this post:

+ Michelle of Bubbly Michelle + Sunny of Mostly Sunny + Kristen of Glambunctious + Nikki of Girl Behind Glasses + Raven of Strange & Beautiful + Ae of AnArtechoke + Tellie of Beauty by Tellie + Shayne of Queen of All You See + Tina of What Tina Loves + Juvy of Plump Cheeks

If you’ve done this tag already, please link it down on the comments so I can put yours up here! Check out the following Lipstick Tag entries I’ve enjoyed reading: Carina, Victoria, RaeSleepandWater, Pamela, Liz, Fred, Elaine

1. March 19, 2014 / 10:59 pm

I love lipstick tag posts! You have a killer collection and such a great array of matte shades! You’re making me want Tom Ford Spanish Pink 🙂

2. March 20, 2014 / 12:27 am

Hey Shari, thanks for tagging me! I’ve been toying with the idea of doing this for a while now, but it seems like MONUMENTAL work! I’ve got to man up and do it soon though 🙂

Enjoy the birthday party! That sounds like a lot of fun! Also, an early happy birthday! xx

3. March 20, 2014 / 4:30 am

yay you did this TAG as well! you have impressive collection I must say 🙂
    you def have plenty matte lipsticks ^^

4. March 20, 2014 / 6:36 am

This is one of my favourite tags obviously ^^. I’m really loving your collection and I feel like we have similar taste when it comes to lipsticks.

5. anne0822
    March 20, 2014 / 7:51 am

liiiippppsttiiiiickkkssss!!!!! *drools*

6. March 20, 2014 / 9:35 am

Lipsticks! Yummy 😀 What a nice collection you have there Shari 😀

7. cheekeegirl
    March 20, 2014 / 9:58 am

LOVE….

8. Fred Gervacio
    March 20, 2014 / 10:08 am

So pretty pretty pictures of lipsticks! 🙂
    I love em all, specially the TF Spanish Pink! On my next list to buy!

9. March 20, 2014 / 10:27 am

I envy your collection. I would have to downsize again, give away the ones that I don’t like/use anymore. Blog sale na haha 🙂

10. Joanna
    March 20, 2014 / 10:51 am

Blog sale please!!! 🙂

11. March 20, 2014 / 11:32 am

I’ll have fun doing this Shari, thanks! 🙂

Blog sale na… blog sale na… haha

• March 23, 2014 / 11:45 am

OMG, forgot to greet you pa Shari. Happy birthday! Hope you enjoyed your very special day! 🙂

March 20, 2014 / 11:38 am

Thanks for the tag! I actually don’t have the most interesting lipstick collection because lipstick isn’t one of those things I compulsively purchase. And my mom forbids me from buying anymore than I need. #teenagerprobs Your collection is amazballs. 🙁 ADVANCED HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW!!!! I hope you enjoy your birthday by the beach. 😉

13. March 20, 2014 / 4:47 pm

Wooooow, amazing collection! Hihi! Blog sale na teh!! 😀

14. March 20, 2014 / 6:37 pm

Aww, thanks for the mention 🙂 You have such gorgeous lipsticks! I see Spanish Pink is well loved 😉 I wish Biscayne Park was more jazzy for me, there’s something about it that makes it look really plain on me. I can’t fault the NARS Satin Lip Pencil formulation though, it’s pretty darn impressive.

15. Michelle
    March 20, 2014 / 10:33 pm

Whoooo such a fun tag! Hope you don’t mind the wait cos I take forever to do mine >.< ( I am horribly lazy like that!) And omg as I read this post, I found quite a few of my favourites lurking around there too! Dior Grege being one! Good thing you did this tag… it was a fun and informative read!

16. Sandra
    March 21, 2014 / 3:54 am

I had around 50 lipsticks as well when I counted them, but I now have a lot more, oppsie! I can’t resist them! 😀

Sandra – The Puzzle of Sandra’s Life

17. March 21, 2014 / 1:08 pm

MUDRA! First of all I would like to thank everyone who believed in me ’til I finally got this tag (lol.) This will be a very interesting tag as I consider myself the black sheep of the lipstick world. I don’t really like the colors everyone seems to agree on and people generally pan the colors I love. hihihi.

18. March 21, 2014 / 7:25 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARI! 🙂 i read this post late and im glad i did cause now my comment will get posted on the 21th 🙂 your lipstick posts are my favorite category on your blog talaga, im now going to search for your reviews on that Tom Ford Spanish Pink. and thanks for tagging! i feel like i dont have enough lipstick experience yet but will do this too sometime 😀

19. Icaria
    March 22, 2014 / 8:36 pm

Happy birthday! So many beauties!!! Grège is also one of my ultimate favorite nudes along with Charnelle (also from Dior)! 🙂

20. March 23, 2014 / 2:04 am

Absolutely love how luxurious the tubes look and how well loved the lipstick is! So many gorgeous shades you have!

21. March 23, 2014 / 7:41 am

Thanks for the shout out! Kinilig ako.

Love the variety in your collection, and now I understand how difficult it must be to bring down the number. Everything looks so pretty.

22. March 24, 2014 / 9:14 am

Ooh! Thanks for tagging me! This was a fun read, and you’ve inspired me to reorganize my lipstick drawer AND buy MAC Velvet Teddy IMMEDIATELY. 😀

23. March 25, 2014 / 6:38 am

! so many awesome colors and ideas here for things i should try. i love matte finishes too but…they’re so much harder to work with i always end up with satin 🙁 i absolutely LOVE the dior lippies. (wish i could just keep buying them all….)

Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

24. mirifiquebeauty.wordpress.com
    March 30, 2014 / 8:20 pm

I love your collection. I have to try out more MAC shades and may get around to Tom Ford one day. I’m just a bit put off by the price of his lipsticks when Dior and Chanel do them so well, cheaper.

25. Ayu Chandradyani Nusantari
    September 8, 2015 / 12:38 pm

what a fun tag!! I really really love it!! I wish someday I own collection like yours