Drugstore Favorites: Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone

wwww3

Wet n Wild n Winning

Oh haiiii you guys! I’m back from my birthday slash friend’s wedding getaway! I did end up not finishing the drafted posts I mentioned in my last entry, woops. I had to run way too many last-minute errands day before our scheduled flight (and pack too!) so I lost time to sit down and finish my drafted posts. I would share my photos here but I’m not sure if it’ll be of interest to you guys so let me know! Anyway, let’s talk about a drugstore palette I’ve had for a year and a half already hence the banged up packaging and used up shades but never got around to reviewing it because… you know my attention span. I actually have quite a few drugstore picks lined up this week but also along with some non-drugstore ones because I’ve learned my lesson on doing ‘Week of’ series… I get bo-hoho-red. ww4

Wet n Wild Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone is an earth-toned palette with the brown-based neutrals on one column and khaki-based shades on the other. It was an instant winner for me shade-wise because I knew I wouldn’t go wrong with the brown-based but it wasn’t too boring nor predictable thanks to the khaki shades thrown into it. I also didn’t care for the ‘browbone’, ‘lid’, ‘crease’, ‘definer’ labels as I know I could slash would use them interchangeably or whichever way I wanted but of course, when I did as labelled, I got the best results. ww2

The Lowdown

Hands down, color pay-off is excellent overall. These are strongly pigmented in one swipe and apply on the lid smoothly and evenly without patchiness. Also, the texture is softsmooth and almost creamy. Plus, it blends beautifully without any problems! I couldn’t believe I was using a $4.99 palette, to be honest. There is very little fallout that it’s negligible so the major con would have to be the packaging because it breaks easily and is a bit hard to open without breaking a fingernail or smashing the whole thing on the floor sometimes. Best thing is to depot these shadows and put them in a Z-palette of some sort, which I recommend already getting, especially if (and you will, I swear!) you become addicted and end up buying more shades! I’m so glad I rediscovered this in my stash after my encounters with the higher-priced palettes because I got to appreciate the beauty of it more. I believe this goes on sale for $1 in some drugstores in the US (lucky!!) so snap one up if you can. For the price, it’s hard to go wrong with this one. wetwild2

FINAL THOUGHTS

I did a quick less-than-5-minute look on my sister’s friend one night (which explains the non-sun lighting) with the khaki shades. The shadows blend so effortlessly, I’m truly amazed. I’ve already said everything I love about this palette above so I’ll just sum it up in one sentence: Wet n Wild Comfort Zone is a neutral palette with great pigmentation, smooth and super workable texture for just 5frikkin-dollars ($1 if on sale!). I did get mine for Php499 here in the Philippines though ($11!!!) at Pure Beauty in Serendra, The Fort. I believe Wet n Wild is also available in SM Department Store and Landmark Department Store beauty sections (correct me if I’m wrong, ladies).

Have you tried Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes? What other products would you recommend from the brand? Would love to hear your thoughts!

1. March 25, 2014 / 8:06 pm

Oh I love the dramatic look you created with this! Comfort Zone is such a drugstore wonder! I should take mine out again soon!

2. Toni Elarmo
    March 25, 2014 / 9:13 pm

Glad you’re back! Missed your posts! 🙂

3. March 25, 2014 / 9:37 pm

Wet n Wild Palettes are my favorite drugstore eyeshadows! I love their coloricon trios too! I’m lemming for their other 8-pan palettes like Sparkle til Morning, Walking the Red Carpet and Nude Awakening but it’s limited edition, so it’s really hard to find one here in PH. huhu

4. March 25, 2014 / 10:00 pm

I loooooove Wet n Wild and I have a few of their trio palettes. Their matte lipsticks are good (although they can be a bit drying if lips aren’t prepped right) and their blushes are great! 🙂

PS. SM/Watsons pulled out Wet n Wild already 🙁

March 25, 2014 / 10:21 pm

I got this as well as a few other trios. Laahv them all. I’ve missed yout posts! Checked everyday just to see if you had posted something new. Ayiieee Shari M, MUA.

6. March 26, 2014 / 12:12 am

Wet n Wild eye shadows are one of the best drugstore eyeshadows on the market! ^^
    I have their trios and love them so much 🙂

7. the coattail effect
    March 26, 2014 / 8:25 am

wow I should definitely try out some wet n wild eyeshadows 🙂

8. March 26, 2014 / 9:05 am

Definitely looks great on you! 😀 Wet n Wild eye shadows definitely are one of the best drugstore finds in the market.

9. March 26, 2014 / 1:45 pm

My favorite WW shadow palette is “Walking on Eggshells”. Super great for everyday! But yeah, I hate how overpriced it is here! They pretty much doubled the price 🙁

10. Sharmaine Sun
    March 26, 2014 / 8:14 pm

That pan is actually $10 in the U.S. w/o tax, so it’s not that bad. The ones that are $3+ are the trios =)

11. Elka
    March 26, 2014 / 10:18 pm

Saw Wet N Wild items in Landmark only. But I also got my Wet N Wild prods, esp.the Mega Eyeliner (HG drugstore eyeliner), in Pure Beauty Trinoma. ♡
    Yay, happy to see drugstore edition!

12. March 26, 2014 / 11:00 pm

I purchased this recently and have been using it non-stop! Such an excellent palette at a great price. Love the look you’ve created with it 🙂

13. March 27, 2014 / 6:09 am

My favorite is the last swatch! The one with brown base/blue shimmer. It is the prettiest shade for me from this palette. 😀

14. March 29, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Bet!!! It’s so pretty! 😀 I wish may ganyan dito samin. Haha! No problem tho, madami naman online shops 😉

15. March 29, 2014 / 11:54 pm

I too am completely blown over! I’ve been wanting this 8 pan forever and have had the chance to get it many times but have held back! I absolutely love the greens!

16. Natasha Cai
    March 30, 2014 / 6:12 pm

I love Wet N Wild products! SM doesn’t sell the brand anymore so I usually buy from Robinsons Dept store in Galleria! 🙂 Also from Beauty Cocktails in Glorietta.

17. Just Jona
    March 31, 2014 / 1:54 am

Someone recommended this palette to me and after reading this post, I’m just convinced! Lovely swatches. Yaay Wet n Wild! :))