Blush Week: New Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop

cp2 cp7b

Cheeks be Poppin’

I’ll be honest — I’m not at all familiar with Clinique makeup. I’ve tried their 3-step skincare routine during my college years and continued exploring their skincare range throughout the years, but I was just never attracted to their makeup line. I did use their Superpowder Double Face powder (which was a gift) a few years ago which I did like for a time, but forgot about as I veered away from powder products in the years that followed.
Enter these cute Cheek Pops that exploded in beauty blogs not too long ago and there I was, convincing myself I didn’t need more blushes yet still stared a few minutes too long at those beautiful gerber daisy embossings. Never mind that it was in a clear plastic packaging which I’m not usually drawn to. They just look too pretty, my grubby lil hands wanted to touch them.
I initally had my eye on Ginger Pop and just when I found out that they aren’t actually out here in the Philippines yet after a visit to a Clinique counter, the Clinique Philippines team kindly sent me Berry Popto try out. Hallelujah! I think I’ve been blessed by the Makeup Gods way too much this year, but I’m not complaining.
cp5bcp9

The Lowdown

Shade. Berry Pop is a bright medium fuschia pink with bluish undertones. I think this is the most vibrant shade so far in my stash. It reminds me of Tom Ford Narcissist and Burberry Hydrangea Pink – both I have had my eyes on but have foregone because I was too scared to use them on my cheeks. I love my barely-there blushes even if they all look the same on me. LOL. Sad, but hey, I’m starting to open up to bolder shades here.
The other shades in the collection are Plum Pop, a light cool pink. Ginger Pop, a warm coral red and Peach Pop, a warm coral pink.
Texture & Finish. The texture of Berry Pop is between super smooth and almost-dry, slightly nearer the smooth territory though. Not too soft that it’s crumbly but not too dry either that it’s dense and hard to pick up.  When swatched with my fingers, tiny tiny parts of the daisy embossings are chipped off which means they’re not rock hard but rather almost creamy.
Actually… it does feel somewhat like a cream when applied since there’s no powder kicking at all. Virtually none. Wait – this could actually be a cream blush – oh wait no, it’s powder. You could’ve fooled me, Clinique. The finish is a soft satin with a slight glow, not a truly flat matte. Very similar to the finish of the Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes I reviewed for Day 2, but they differ in pigmentation and level of creaminess.
Pigmentation. Speaking of pigmentation, one swipe of Berry Pop gives quite a saturated pay-off. Applied on the cheeks, it packs quite a punch but can be blended easily and sheered out to your desire. Those who don’t like to build up blushes will find solace in these Cheek Pops because they are very pigmented in one go (Berry Pop, at least!).
Longevity. I wore this again today and it’s been 6 hours and it hasn’t faded yet. The other day I tested it, it went for a full 8 hours with some fading on the edges. Do note that I tested this while in air-conditioned areas 80% of the time. This lasted longer than some of the NARS blushes I own and definitely longer than Chanel baked blushes.
cp10clinique pop blush

Comparison Swatches

I thought the brightest blush I could ever have I already found in Chanel Creme Blush in Affinite. Apparently, that pales in comparison to Clinique Berry Pop, which is almost a full-on fuschia compared to all the others I’ve swatched beside it. Chanel Ultra Rose is a blue-toned hotpink, so different that I almost slapped myself for even comparing it. Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline is more a watermelon shade while Chanel Rose Tourbillon is a lighter, softer cool-toned pink.
Basically, I have nothing close to it yet in my stash so the beautiful Berry Pop is a definitely a great addition! And unfortunately, no FOTD with the blush on because I’ve been dealing with acne scars and am currently in hiding. Will post one on this entry (or another entry altogether) soon!
cp1
One more photo of this beautiful gerber daisy embossing. Just because I’m quite inlove with it that it actually took a good half hour to select photos NOT to include.

Final Thoughts

I would have to say that Clinique formulated these blushes really well. They could be more buttery but for their price point, I’m already more than impressed. They are not your usual run-off-the-mill powder blushes at all as they apply like a cream and virtually don’t exhibit any powder-like behavior.
But then they’re not entirely blush-revolution either – I am sure there are blushes that have the similar formula. But if you’re looking for a new blush to try out this upcoming Spring/Summer season with a beautiful formula that’s long-lasting, easy to use and especially worth every cent, then I would recommend Clinique’s Cheek Pops.
I would even go out on a limb and say that these may even be better than the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes (of which I’ve only tried one yet but have two more coming so I’ll update this theory soon). I am impressed with these Cheek Pops that yes, I will definitely be grabbing Ginger Pop when comes out in the Clinique counters here in the Philippines soon.
Thoughts on these Clinique Cheek Pops for those who’ve tried it? And to those who haven’t yet — are you eyeing these?
You can buy Clinique Cheek Pops online here. Locally, they will be available soon in all Clinique counters. *Affiliate Links

1. March 8, 2014 / 1:48 am

Ahhh I’m so jealous you already have one! I was told these will be available in April, and I’ll definitely pick one or two up! I’m thinking one warm-toned and one cool-toned!

• March 11, 2014 / 12:21 am

Yup, that’s a good plan as Peach and Ginger are similar as are Plum and Berry 🙂 I really like these, they are GOOOOOD.

2. March 8, 2014 / 2:31 am

so lucky you got one for free! hehe. Not sure if I want to get this, but who knows?! hehe 😀

• March 11, 2014 / 12:22 am

I think you should at least swatch it in person to see for yourself, Juvy! I thought it was going to be MEHHH, but I seriously no-joke love it 🙂 And yes, I’m super thankful to try this for free. But then now I’m gonna be getting more… tsk tsk. Haha

• March 11, 2014 / 12:22 am

I think so too:)

March 8, 2014 / 9:42 am

I’ve been seeing people rave about this so much! So pretty and so me. I’m trying to decipher what your swatch background says. Hehe.

• March 11, 2014 / 12:25 am

I personally think it’s worth all the raves. I think it’s worth a swatch at least, then see for yourself if it’s for you 🙂 I think I’m skipping on matte multiples, though. The reviews I read (mostly) said they’re too slippery on top of foundation. 😐 But I may get the contour shade, not sure yet! Hihi.
      I want you to figure out the background!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I’ll be posting more photos using it pa soooo… 😉

• Raven Ang
        March 11, 2014 / 6:11 am

Ooh yes Ginger Pop and Berry Pop, come to mama. Oh but Siam was so pretty. 🙁

I can see How to..

4. March 8, 2014 / 11:39 am

It’s so pretty! I’d treat it like when I first got Rockateur, meaning I’d just stare at it and not use it yet because I didn’t want to destroy the gorgeous design.

• March 11, 2014 / 12:25 am

Exactly! You get me, Ari 🙂 hihi

5. Lily
    March 8, 2014 / 4:40 pm

I love these! I was sent Plum Pop, then bought Coral and Ginger Pop myself. I didn’t get Berry Pop because it swatched really similar to Plum Pop. Love the photos here!!

• March 11, 2014 / 12:26 am

I would get Ginger Pop and Peach Pop but I’m thinking they may register the same on me so I’m leaning more towards GINGER. And yes Lily, I saw your review on this which contributed to my lemming! Thank you for the sweet comment on the photos btw 🙂

6. March 8, 2014 / 7:11 pm

Soooo pretty!!!!! I wanna get this kaso di ko bet the packaging. Ako lang ata may ayaw 🙁

• March 11, 2014 / 12:27 am

The packaging is actually okay – the clear plastic isn’t flimsy. Medyo thick in width siya and built is sturdier than usual plastic packaging. I swear though, this is a product you’d buy for quality – not packaging 😉 The blush is beautifully formulated 🙂

7. March 8, 2014 / 7:54 pm

I wonder just how soon we’ll have them here in the Philippines. Peach Pop will probably be my first.

• March 11, 2014 / 12:28 am

I havent heard word yet but SOON! 🙂 I cant wait to hear (well, read!) what you think of it, Nikkibabe.

8. March 10, 2014 / 10:52 am

Bakit ang ganda nung daisy thingy? Huhuhu. But I agree with Emae, I don’t like the pakaging as well 🙁

• March 11, 2014 / 12:29 am

The packaging is actually better than I initially thought 🙂 The plastic is hard and sturdier than usual plastic packaging so it’s not flimsy. 🙂 Also, like I said to Emae – this is a product you’ll buy for the quality, not packaging 😉

9. Elka
    March 12, 2014 / 10:05 pm

This or Burberry Peony? ♥

• March 16, 2014 / 12:52 pm

If price is not a question, Burberry Peony! 🙂

10. March 20, 2014 / 12:19 am

I love this line of blushes! Clinique really outdid themselves. I have Ginger Pop and it’s my favourite new blush for Spring 🙂

11. Chi Y.
    April 14, 2014 / 10:41 am

Got my Pop Blushes last March at the Clinique counter in Rustan’s ATC. I bought Ginger, Peach and Berry. So far, my fave is Berry Pop, but I love them all. I think RBR blushes are amazing too!

12. Janela Gallardo