A Valentine Look with Guerlain Le Bois De Rose

v4 v

What Date?

The husband and I didn’t go on a romantic dinner date last Valentine’s for various reason I shall not rant about anymore (don’t wanna be a Vday grinch more than I’ve let out) but let’s just say the insane Valentine-Payday-Weekend-Manila traffic was one deterrent. Yup, we swore our love is stronger than anything — except it ends just when Manila chaos begins. Instead, we spent the night ordering in Mcdonald’s (how romantic, right!) catching up on our favorite series and ending the night with a bottle of champagne and me getting a fabulous foot and back massage from the husband. We did do a lunch date together with our little girl though, who celebrated her second Valentine’s Day with Mommy and Daddy this year. Last year, she was just a month old when we took her on her first V-day date. Anyway, here’s a daytime V-day look wearing one of my favorite quads, Guerlain Les Bois de Rose (review here).  v5v3b

The Look

I should tone down on the purples, yes? I realized my past looks all skew towards V-I-O-L-E-T. But hey, that means I’m stepping out of the brown neutral zone, right? Baby steps to my goal of rocking red eyes a-la-Katniss!  For the complete eye look: + Primed my eyes with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre + Lined my upper lashline with NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates + Filled in my brows (hastily at that! Ugh, hate doing brows haha) with MAC Lingering eye pencil + Swiped two layers of Lancome Hypnose Star mascara For the rest of my face: + Used my at-the-moment go-to foundation, Lancome Teint Miracle + Contoured with my trusty and already hit-pan contour powder, NARS Laguna + Highlighted with Burberry Nude Radiance And finally, the lips: + A combination of MAC Chatterbox, MAC Freckletone and MAC Shy Girl LOL, yes I was feeling artistic and combined all these colors! That’sallthankyew!~ Working on some posts/reviews for the days to come, you guys. Ugh, I wish I could write at least 5 blog posts a day (um, I can’t even complete an entry in one sitting!)

Anyhoots, how was YOUR Valentine’s day?

*In the spirit of full disclosure, the above post contains affiliate links, which means that I may get a small commission should you decide to purchase anything after clicking the links above. Thanks, guys!

• February 17, 2014 / 8:28 pm

Thanks! <3

1. Paola Ysabel
    February 16, 2014 / 2:40 pm

Purple suits you. 🙂 And yes, the traffic and crowds on Valentines Day forced us to stay in instead hehe.

• February 17, 2014 / 8:31 pm

Thanks Paola!! Appreciate your feedback on me wearing purples 🙂
      And cheers to us coward yet smart ones staying in on V-day because of the crazy chaos called Manila traffic 🙂

February 16, 2014 / 2:43 pm

So pretty! I don’t mind the purples, they suit you very well. Y’know what they say, purple is the perfect color to use if you have brown eyes. Well, anything else that’s brightly colored (in my opinion). I spent Valentines stressing over my sister’s prom. I was responsible for her hair and makeup as to not waste money. Hehe. It looked pretty good. She said a lot of people complimented her for it. Really proud of myself. 🙂

• February 17, 2014 / 8:34 pm

Thanks Ray! Glad you think so 🙂 I actually didn’t know purples bring out brown eyes more. That’s perfect!

Oh wow, share the masterpiece you’ve done on your sister who I’m sure looked every bit of a prom queen in her dress, hair and makeup! 🙂 I’m proud of you too, girlfriend!!! I’m sure she looked more beautiful than ever with your makeup skills!

• Raven Ang
        February 17, 2014 / 9:06 pm

If you’re really into purplea… *ahem* NAKED 3 *ahem* 🙂 🙂 :). Making a post right now! After 197483 days!

3. February 16, 2014 / 3:58 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous, as always! And no, the purples look very good on you! I should priobably go back to wearing my purple shadows 🙂

• February 17, 2014 / 8:34 pm

GOOOOOO. I request a purple FOTD by Madam V! Will wait for it, ha! Demanding mej.

4. February 16, 2014 / 6:38 pm

You can order in McDonald’s there? Good thing that’s no option here, or I’d be eating burgers all the time! 🙂
    I was in Paris for Valentine.. Without my boyfriend though. It was fun nonetheless 🙂

Love the look! Very wearable purple/violet, I should venture into it more as well 🙂

5. February 16, 2014 / 6:46 pm

Ganda Shari! 🙂 And pshh, I love the purples on you! Haha we celebrated the day after rin. Di ko yata kaya yung triple threat of traffic na yun! Hehe.

6. February 16, 2014 / 8:22 pm

Awww such a pretty look! This kinda sorta reminds me of Guerlain Attrape-Coeur, which is most probably also a good one for such an occasion.

7. February 16, 2014 / 8:50 pm

Ganda! Hmmm, no Valentine date for me, cause we work at night. He got me a card and I am hoping he’ll buy me a super late birthday + Valentine’s day gift. Lol.. Wishful thinking..

8. February 16, 2014 / 9:03 pm

So pwetty <3 <3 Hehe peram ng blending ~skillz~ teh. Haha

9. Lily
    February 16, 2014 / 9:14 pm

This palette is on my wishlist. Like forever! Love the look you did!

10. Replica
    February 16, 2014 / 9:37 pm

That is just such a gorgeous look, that’s really interesting combining the 3 lip colours as well 🙂
    xx

11. Mammu
    February 16, 2014 / 10:02 pm

This look is so pretty, femminine and soft *-* Loving it!

12. February 17, 2014 / 12:34 am

Awww…that’s awesome that you ordered mc D in instead! I think as long as you find the time to make it up for not being able to go out on the day itself or to see each other that’s more than enough. I do love your purples, it is a good way to step out of your comfort zone!

13. February 17, 2014 / 1:08 am

I was annoyed by the traffic too. And note that I live and work in makati., where traffic is at a whole different level.

And since we don’t celebrate this holiday, I’m even more annoyed. Hahaha.

Anyway, I’m experimenting with color too and my color of choice is, guess what, purple.

14. CarolCosmos
    February 17, 2014 / 4:17 am

this is one of my favorite quads! and you look absolutely stunning, these shades really look nice on you, and I dont think you need to tone down the purple, I think it looks good as is!

15. Nix Sayo
    February 17, 2014 / 1:47 pm

What a beautiful Valentine’s date you are, Shari! Purple suits your skin tone so well.

16. ddld
    February 17, 2014 / 9:24 pm

I have not tried plum/ purple/ lilac and I love the way you created a look with it. You made it so wearable. I have some purple shades and was too afraid to try it: I will use your look as in inspiration. 🙂 BTW, it’s nice to see you experimenting because I remember you saying back then in TMM’s first few blog posts that you’re not much of an eyeshadow person (If I remember correctly). 😛

17. February 19, 2014 / 8:26 am

I’d love to see you rocking red eye shadow! You look absolutely beautiful here! Purples for the win! And hold on now – you can order in McDonald’s there?!?!? I am amazed!!