The Most Used & Abused List #2

ppan

On The Way To Project Pan

Someday, I will gather up enough products I’ve hit pan on to share here. Someday. Soon. Project Pan, wait for me. For now, it’s just Project Dent. Lately, I’ve been out and about more often than the usual that I’ve taken to wearing makeup almost everyday. I’ve even recently gone out without eye makeup and felt… incomplete, naked. Something I would never thought I would feel regarding eyeshadow/eye makeup… ever. Anyway, here are a few makeup products I’ve been making a slight dent on without realizing it. That goes to show that these are items I enjoyed abusing and didn’t force myself to use up just so I could hit pan on them. Nope. Legit makeup love right here. pp4bb

Burberry Blush in Peony

I’ve never really been wow-ed by any blush product before just because they all look the same on my skin no matter how much I try to convince myself “they’re not the same, they’re just similar!” Burberry Peony did not exactly wow me in terms of shade, I mean, it’s just a standard pink blush after all. What I absolutely fell head over heels for is the texture. Oh wow, creamy melds-with-your-skin kind of smooth that stays put all day. Fading? What’s that? The only sad thing about this is I’ve had to say buh-bye to the beautiful Burberry embossing. Pass the bucket, please. pp5b

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park

An everyday peachy nude. My love for the Satin Lip Pencils has been proclaimed here. I picked up Biscayne Park after that post and have been compulsively wearing it since. I wasn’t even able to take photos of it unadulterated because I was just too eager to use it right away. Yes, I would’ve eaten the marshmallow had I joined Walter Mischel’s delayed gratification experiment. And I’m not sorry I didn’t even wipe the darn pencil before taking the photo. WOOPS. pp2b

Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette (Holiday 2013)

My LORAC Pro has taken the backseat for the meantime as the Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette takes the front seat. This is just too beautifully purply that I’ve taken to mixing and matching shades to wear almost everyday. I should’ve taken photos and shared my looks except I’m the worst beauty blogger ever, so I didn’t. Most used shades are African Violet, Kir Royal, Bamboo and Vanilla Nuts (I still LOL in my head when I hear/say this shade). pp6

Burberry Nude Radiance

I’ve been using Burberry Nude Radiance as my main highlighter before I received my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I do reach for this if I need to amp up the highlights as Incandescent Light in the Hourglass palette is a tiny bit more subtle compared to this which is almost opaque compared to Incandescent. Every time I wear this generously, I never fail to get a “Nice skin, what’s your foundation?” compliment even if I’m only wearing concealer and this on top.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

I’ve been using this a lot as well because it’s just so convenient. I do love the beautiful dimensionality this gives my face. A finishing powder in Dim (which I’ve been using in the hopes of loving although I still can’t see its effects concretely), a subtle highlighter with Incandescent and a subtle contour shade in Radiant. Still, the main reason I’ve been using this up is because I’m just too lazy reaching out for three separate products when I have all of them in one.

Share the Dented Love

I would love to know what’s in your most used and abused list, too! What have you dented on or (more satisfyingly) panned on lately? It pains to say goodbye to those lovely embossings but it has to be done, ladies. Repeat after me – we love using up our makeup.

*Affiliate Links

1. Nix Sayo
    February 24, 2014 / 3:29 pm

I think it’s better to use up a makeup than have it stored in the cabinet or drawer. I feel as if that makes the makeup sad compared to finishing it up making it feel as if it has served its purpose. 🙁 HAHA! Cartoon-ish thoughts.

• February 27, 2014 / 2:35 am

Truelaloo, sister! I agree with you 100% 🙂

2. February 24, 2014 / 5:16 pm

I feel like I need the Artist’s Palette in my life. Whyyyyyyy

• February 27, 2014 / 2:36 am

If you dont have a lot of purple shades, you *MAY* need this but since you’ve just gotten a LORAC PRO, I dont think you do just yet. Laspagin ang Lorac Pro muna!

3. Lily
    February 24, 2014 / 6:03 pm

Oh I just proclaimed my project make a dent too 🙂 Inspired by fellow bloggers of course. Great staples you have here! And yes to using up makeups! !!

• February 27, 2014 / 2:36 am

Good luck with your own Project Make-a-Dent, Lily!! 🙂 Would love to see what products would get the most love from you!

February 24, 2014 / 6:13 pm

I was lucku

• February 27, 2014 / 2:38 am

Ooooh nice one! Score 1 for the LM Artist Palette! Will wait for your looks, Rave! Exciting!! I really like it 🙂 And WOWZAAA 3 pans hit on the Mighty Lorac! *high five*
      I wanna do a blog sale but am kinda shy :’) Hihi!! Will work on it though. Really need to na! Thanks for the reminder, bebe!

• Raven Ang
        March 2, 2014 / 9:04 pm

But alas! My mom made me give it to my aunt claiming “I don’t need it” and “Buy it again next time” 🙁 Issokay, she really wanted it. And my aunt hooks me up with free Japanese makeup. Hehe.

5. February 24, 2014 / 6:40 pm

Isn’t it funny that we were just talking about the Artist Palette? LOL gosh, that NARS Lip Pencil is indeed abused. Hahaha

• February 27, 2014 / 2:38 am

I will hunt down an LM palette for you, Emz! 🙂

6. Jacqueline Ma
    February 24, 2014 / 10:12 pm

Hi Shari, good for you that you made dents in your make up (claps) I can’t even make a dent yet. Lol I keep telling myself not to buy anymore and use what I have but it is so darn difficult. The only thing that looks like I used and abused is my Burberry Porcelain.

• February 27, 2014 / 2:42 am

Ooooh Burberry Porcelain! I think one of my most-used single shadow is a light champagne shade, too! And I agree on finding it so hard to resist buying! TOO MANY PRETTIES~~~

7. marianabantug
    February 25, 2014 / 9:14 am

That LM palette is sooo great talaga! 🙂 And Vanilla Nuts is an amusing shade name indeed!

• February 27, 2014 / 2:43 am

I really like it! Quite handy for travel and such, too! 🙂

8. Coco
    February 25, 2014 / 9:34 am

My Nars Satin Lip Pencils look like yours right now because I’m loving them so much! x

• February 27, 2014 / 2:44 am

YAY!! 🙂

9. peggy timmermans
    February 26, 2014 / 12:29 am

I am TOTALLY in love with the Laura Mercier Artist palette! So glad I scored one and even happier I have a back up. Great quality!

• February 27, 2014 / 2:44 am

+1 for Laura Mercier Artist Palette! Glad you’re enjoying it too, Peggy!

10. February 27, 2014 / 2:43 am

Naked Basics is definitely one of the most abused by many! 🙂

11. March 2, 2014 / 2:58 pm

none of my stuff looks used lol. anyway i’ve been wanting to get one of those burberry powders. perhaps i need to do so sooner rather than later 🙂

12. Makeup With A Heart
    May 9, 2014 / 5:34 am

I’m such a consumerist that I never hit pan on any of my makeup (some things I’ve had for 3 years now) other than my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder as that’s my setting powder and touch-up powder all in one. I broke the top lid so it doesn’t see much travelling anymore and I’ve come to realize that this powder is not my shade (after hitting pan on it >..<

• May 20, 2014 / 6:29 pm

Have heard great things about the Stay Matte but I agree — I think you have to get the right shade 🙂 Also, I think the best would be the Transparent one for touch-ups? 🙂

• Makeup With A Heart
        May 22, 2014 / 9:24 am

I like to add coverage since I touch my face so much and remove some of my foundation >.< Sometimes, I use a sponge with it as a powder foundation for those really oily days T_T