Fashion to Style

s8blog1

Fashion vs. Style

Hi guys! I’m feeling the blogging itch so I borrowed my sister’s laptop and rummaged through photos I can post for ze blog. No beauty products at all, but I managed to find a few photos she took of me a few days ago. Figured I’d share it here as anย OOTD kind of post. I know you don’t follow this blog for my fashown~ so if ever.. just look at my face for my makeup a.k.a myย FOTD. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m so relieved that when I got pregnant, my chase forย fashionย โ€”ย a.k.a the in thing, what’s dictated by the industry, the matching process between what’s out there to what I’m wearingย โ€” has ultimately died down. Harem pants that weren’t at all flattering, colored skinnies for every day of the week, color-blocking, print-on-print, floral color-blocking, whathaveyous. I’m done!ย  blog2

The Shift

I’ve embarrassingly collected a few too many now-unwearable pieces because of my past exhilarating chase for the newest, the latest, the hippest. I’ve always then thought how boring a life would be wearing just the staples, the classics โ€”ย the famed ‘investment-pieces’ type of fashion. Well… I here now! Not that I spend on designer clothes because hale, I don’t, but I now choose the classics, the staples and forgo any I-wont-be-caught-dead-wearing-that-five-years-from-now pieces. Not that I shun and look down on those who are fashion fiends, of course not! I just feel that my fashion has now thankfully evolved into styleย โ€” a.k.a my sense of self, how I feel inside and how it translates to what I’m wearing.ย  I guess I’m at a stage in life where I finally feel free and don’t need to consistently shop or buy clothes anymore… as I’ve shifted my focus and budget on makeup and skincare instead! Hi hi hi. Not lookin’ back, yo!shari6shari5

Short Updates

That ends my musings on style and fashion, guys! Are you still there – or did I bore you too much. Woops! Anyway, expect normal programming soon as I’m off to Power MAC to get my baby tomorrow. Francis, my super enthusiastic MAC expert (from the Greenbelt branch. Brotha was dancing to Missy Elliot while backing up my files!), called earlier and told me some good and bad news. Good news: I could still use my Macbook. Bad news: Can’t restore any of the files back! Will have to start anew, which to be honest, sounds so refreshing. I hope everything turns out as expected, though. See you soon everyone!!

1. Eileen
    February 12, 2014 / 7:08 pm

Looking lovely! <3

• February 14, 2014 / 4:12 pm

Thanks so much, Eileen ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hihi.

2. Sharmaine Sun
    February 12, 2014 / 7:12 pm

I agree, stick with the classics. You look great! Those are awesome pictures =)

• February 14, 2014 / 4:13 pm

Thanks Sharmaine! Classics are the way to go ๐Ÿ™‚ Took me quite some time to understand that

3. February 12, 2014 / 7:23 pm

Hey Shari, whoaaa you PRETTY THING! The outfit is so chic! Great basics is definitely the way to go!

• February 14, 2014 / 4:14 pm

Awww you too sweet Sunnybabe! :* Thank you! Happy V-day, woman!

February 12, 2014 / 9:12 pm

Can’t believe you’ve had a child! Haha! So pretty and fresh. Pang VS na yan. I myself don’t really invest in designer clothing. BAGS tho. Those are another story. I’ve already started my “mini” collection of bags. ๐Ÿ™‚

• February 14, 2014 / 4:17 pm

I only covet one bag and I’ll be set for life: Givenchy Antigona. Maybe the Chanel Boy, too. Hehe!

• Raven Ang
        February 14, 2014 / 4:34 pm

I’ve set my eyes on a Givenchy Black Antigona as well! And a Celine mono mini luggage. I received a Givenchy Boston for Christmas and I am very happy with it!! โ™ฅ

• February 14, 2014 / 5:19 pm

The Antigona!!!! We have the same taste talaga, gurl. I used to lust over the Celines, too. But I’m kinda thinking now that baka trend lang siya and in 10 years, no one would be wearing them na (unlike the Louis Vs and the Chanel that never go out of style) like say.. Chloe Paddington (where art thou!).

• Raven Ang
            February 14, 2014 / 5:35 pm

I used to lust over Balenciagas but I realized that they wouldn’t really have much value. Starting yo think of Celine in that way na rin. Sabi ng mom ko sobrang bigat pa! Chloe Paratay Satchel for me please! โ™ฅ

5. cielo
    February 12, 2014 / 10:21 pm

You’re so pretty talaga! And it’s good that you regained your body after your pregnancy ๐Ÿ™‚

THE GIRL BEHIND THE PEN

• February 14, 2014 / 4:18 pm

Aww thanks Cielogirl :* And yup, happy I got my ‘pre-preg body’ back although of course, it’s not ever the same after childbirth ๐Ÿ˜‰

• February 14, 2014 / 4:18 pm

Thanks Natalie! :*

6. February 13, 2014 / 4:31 am

Hey Shari,
    I absolutely feel you when it comes to fashion and opting more for the base pieces, the classics instead of going for all trendy. I honestly find it a bit exhausting to be on trend so I kinda went for my own thing now ^^. I absolutely love the simplicity of your outfit, it’s very clean but feminine! Love these posts!

• February 14, 2014 / 4:19 pm

Exactly. I dont know how I caught up with all the trends before. Now I have a closet filled with stuff I cant even look at. Psh. Lesson learned! Thanks for the sweet comment, Teri!!

7. February 13, 2014 / 5:30 am

You look beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚ I try to always keep “fashion vs. style” in mind as well, especially when it comes to fabrics. I can’t believe how hard it is to find natural fabrics at reasonable prices these days, especially when blends with higher percentages of synthetics are becoming sooo ubiquitous.

• February 14, 2014 / 4:24 pm

Aww Quinn.. thank you *blush* And I know what you mean with fabrics. I used to disregard this aspect before but when I shop, I always wonder where have all the linen, silk, cashmere fabrics gone?

8. angela l
    February 13, 2014 / 5:34 am

I love the outfit, it’s so classy, beautiful and fresh. Great pictures, makes me long for summer!

• February 14, 2014 / 4:25 pm

Thanks Angela! Sending some summer sunshine your way :*

• February 14, 2014 / 4:25 pm

Thanks Natalie!

9. February 13, 2014 / 10:14 am

Beautiful!

• February 14, 2014 / 4:25 pm

Thanks Rere!

10. February 13, 2014 / 10:44 am

You look lovely! ๐Ÿ˜€ Classics never go out of fashion and always stay in style ๐Ÿ™‚ I am a bit of a fashion dodo and thankfully only have one fashion weakness – bags which I’m slowly weaned off now so that’s a good thing… right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• February 14, 2014 / 4:30 pm

Aww PB! Thank you for the compliment :* I’m not so much a bag lady as I literally throw my bags around, especially now that I have a one-year-old who doesnt want to be put down. LOL! I would love to own a beautiful designer bag but am always deterred when I look at my bags now and they’re all… holey and tattered. LOL!!

11. February 13, 2014 / 11:31 am

You look so pretty!!! I am in love with ze bag and ze shoes! <3 I'm actually a big fan of "simple" clothes. I prefer shirt, jeans and flats or a not-over-the-top blouse/top, shorts and flats or sneakers. I already have a lot of visible tattoos and adding "agaw na tingin" clothes to my everyday look will just put so much attention on me that I actually don't want.

• February 14, 2014 / 4:33 pm

Aww thanks VVcakes!! :* Sweet mo! I love simple clothes now, too. Especially since kung makahila si Selene saken, akala mo huhubaran ako in public! Haha. What I haven’t worn in a long time though… are sneakers!! hehehe. I hate wearing socks pati! I recently wore a pair of sneakers the other day.. and tinawanan ako ni hubs. Ano daw trip ko!!

12. February 13, 2014 / 11:41 am

OMG I love the look and the amazing background. Such a gorgeous shot. We here in NYC are getting our billionth snowstorm of the winter….yeah…jealous… ๐Ÿ™‚

• February 14, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Awww..bottling up some sunshine and sending it your way, love! I saw photos of NY and wow, crazy snow!

13. February 13, 2014 / 3:38 pm

Haaaaay you’re so sexy, Ate Shari!!! My god parang di ka nanganak! Haha! You’re so pretty!!!! Where’d you get the top? Bet ko! :))

• February 14, 2014 / 5:27 pm

Thank you Emae. *blush* Grabe naman, thanks for the all the compliments woman :* Back at you! The top is from River Island. Woops, forgot to put the outfit details. Thanks for reminding me, dear!

• February 14, 2014 / 5:27 pm

14. February 14, 2014 / 4:17 pm

Thanks Katie :*

15. February 15, 2014 / 3:41 am

You should post FOTDs more often, I demand. Joke! Hehe. I admire women who wear fashionable clothing, unlike me, who wears the same things. I want some change, but I don’t know where to start. I am stuck with jeans, tees, and polo shirts. Ewww.

• February 16, 2014 / 7:16 pm

Awww you mean OOTDs, Juvy? ๐Ÿ™‚ I think I post FOTDs more than I should LOL.
      And thanks so much for thinking I’m ‘fashionable’ ๐Ÿ™‚ Hehehe I’m really not!! ๐Ÿ™‚
      But I think you can also be fashionable with just jeans tees and polo shirts ๐Ÿ˜‰ With the right shoes and accessories? Bam!

• February 16, 2014 / 8:37 pm

Oh snap! I really meant OOTD! Pero lusot ba if I think FOTD means Fashion of the Day? Hehehe…

• February 17, 2014 / 1:27 am