If You Must Get Her Roses… Get Her One (or All!) of These Instead

vday vday2

Happy Hearts Day!

Hi guys! I’m not totally a Valentines Day worshipper, but neither am I a V-day grinch. Let’s just say I sit somewhere between the two polar sides. If I do get a bouquet of flowers from my husband (which has only happened once because at the time, I looked at him and asked “Am I dying? What are these for?” Yah, I’m evil like that), I’ll accept and not throw a hissy fit. But flowers are so… safe. And does any girl want just safe on the allegedly most romantic day of the year? Anyway, here are a few ROSE-themed makeup and beauty items for the love of your life, gentlemen. I know not one man reads this (except maybe my husband who sneakily reads this blog even if I told him not to) but ladies, feel free to post this on your man’s Facebook wall or message it to him for a not-so-subtle subtle nudge to ditch the roses and run off to the beauty counters instead. You’re welcome, ladies! vday3 + Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose  is the ultimate finishing powder giving off that covetable yet undetectable Goddess glow. Gentlemen, these may just be the dream balls of your ladies’ lives. Sorry to burst yo bubble.Diorskin Nude Rose Powder isn’t a finishing powder, but a loose powder to beautifully set all the makeupz~ applied on the face. It’s so soft and finely milled that it leaves no pore unfilled creating that super flawless finish. Really forgiving on dry patches, too. + Chanel Rose Exuberant is a beautiful hibiscus hotpink for ladies who love a refreshing break from the reds and the blacks. vday5Chloe Roses de Chloe is a musky, citrusy rose scent that veers away from the typical rose-smells-like-old-lady scent. I run at the mention of rose when it come to perfumes, but I’ve grown to love this one a lot that I even have a back-up of it already. + Chanel Rose Tourbillon is a hotpink blush that’s perfect for tanned skin, but with a light hand gives a beautiful flush to light-medium skintones. If you want a lighter, more everyday wear shade, I highly recommend my favorite (and that of many, I believe) Chanel Rose Initiale. + Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold serves as a perfect wash for everyday wear. Pair it with a dark plum or a deep brown shade for a more contoured look. No brushes needed once application technique has been mastered!vday4

Not Roses, but Still Apt for Valentine’s

+ Chanel Rouge Allure in Seduisante is a nude pink that I personally love wearing everyday. It’s not as hydrating as other lipsticks, but it’s a beautiful shade for office wear, for school or for simple date nights. + Tom Ford Blush in Love Lust is a beautiful dark coral with a hint of orange and gold shimmer that translate to a beautiful not-at-all-oily sheen. Oh gosh, the way this creamy finely-milled blush melds into the skin makes you want to collect all the shades. Also, the name is just oh-so-Valentine-perfect.

February 14, 2014 / 4:35 pm

My dad will always be my Valentine every year. ♥ Oh how I wish someone would give me these. I did end up buying TF Love Lust. Love at first swipe! This post made me lol so much. Enzo is so much like my dad. The need for murses, e-cigarettes and always buying roses. My mom doesn’t really appreciate flowers (like you!) she said how she’d rather have a burger. Hahaha!

• February 14, 2014 / 5:16 pm

I absolutely find it adorable when fathers give their daughters flowers! Definitely dont cringe at that. I even tear up :’) It’s just so sweet!! And omg, glad youre loving Tom Ford Love Lust, too! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to like it even though its crazy expensive for a blush but the heart wants what the heart wants, right? haha! Love your momma, I’m sure we’ll get along if we meet. Burger date sounds great! hehe Happy Valentines Day to you, babe!

• Raven Ang
        February 14, 2014 / 5:23 pm

Every year its me, my dad and sister that go out for Valentines dinner. Haha buying my mom’s burger right now! Yes, TF will be the death of our wallets but I still want to pick up Wicked. 🙁 Stop me please.

2. February 14, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Hey Shari, what a fun post! Definitely great picks for Valentine’s Day or otherwise! I really want to lay my hands on Love Lust some day 🙂

3. February 15, 2014 / 12:40 am

Well my girlfriend wouldn’t want any of these (I would like to have that TF blush, tho haha). But I did give her a bouquet of pastillas roses (yes, edible flowers yo!) and a kinky boobs cake. Hahaha. Anyway, happy velentine’s day, sweetheart! Stay pretty and lovely for all eternity hihi <3

PS. I don't like flowers too. And since I don't eat chocolates (or sweets in general), I would much rather prefer burgers, fries, pizza, bacon, oh you get the point. Hahaha

4. February 15, 2014 / 3:37 am

My husband does not buy makeup for me, but he gives me money to do so. Hihi. If he wants to check out some stores that does not interest me, he’ll give me money, and I will go to the makeup area, or any stores I want to buy something. Sana nga regular yung pagbibigay ng money. Hahaha! But, we are almost always inside the mall after work, so sobra kung lagi siya magbibigay ng pera. 😛

5. Coco
    February 15, 2014 / 12:43 pm

Let me forward this to my bf. lol x

6. February 16, 2014 / 1:56 am

Awesome list! 😀 My boyfriend actually got me one of the items listed here and I was so happy! I was literally praying – please not the flowers, please makeup. Haha. He did make his own red rose version out of Sephora’s red wrapping paper, though. LOL. Which I actually enjoyed more than the actual roses! At least his paper version he “made” it, you know? And not just bought it. And it will last, too! He did a terrible job, though. It’s supposed to look like a rose but it looks more like crap to me! Hahahahaha don’t tell him! 😀

7. Nix Sayo
    February 17, 2014 / 4:19 pm

I was surprised that my boyfriend got me a lipstick instead of the usual flowers and chocolates on Valentine’s Day. I’ll blog about it soon! These are really great suggestions. 😀

8. February 19, 2014 / 8:26 am

Great post! I would LOVE to see a bouquet of fine cosmetics from my fiance any day of the year! Flowers die, honey, but makeup is forever! <3

9. Lala
    March 6, 2014 / 6:17 pm

Love love love it all! great post.. need to go shopping now!