Unbox With Me: GlamourBox January 2014 x Snoe Beauty*

1 2

My First Beauty Box of 2014

Just when I thought I was over the lure of beauty boxes, I was sent this jampacked Glamourbox* sponsored by local beauty brand, Snoe Beauty. I’ve always, always been enticed to try out Snoe’s range of beauty products but have been overwhelmed by their wide selection of goods that I’m left not knowing where to begin. They carry cosmetics, skin, body and hair care products that contain the most innovative of ingredients. Had I not been sent this box, I would have been itching to get one myself anyway because it’s a great way to try out Snoe Beauty.

The box contains a whopping 7 products, with 6 of them full-sized! I haven’t had the chance to use most of these to compose a full string of thoughts so no reviews yet, just first impressions of the items! 3

HAIR HEROES Agent Zero Cleansing Serum

I was a bit confused at first – a hair cleansing serum. Sooooo, a shampoo? A clarifying shampoo? Anyway, I was sold on zero sulfates, silicones and fragrance but have yet to try if my scalp likes it because recently I’ve been experimenting with shampoo and I find some that give me flakies and dandruff (TMI, sorry). Php 599

Body Ritual Recipes

Not really a lotion junkie but I tried this on right away and I must say I’ve used it compulsively already! Instant moisture fix that the skin soaks up completely in a few seconds (1 minute tops!) and the smell is uhh, heavenly! I may repurchase this in a heartbeat. Php 249

Snoe White Beauty Bar in Organic Papaya

I am a diligent papaya soap user. Not at all for its whitening promise, but more for its exfoliating and smoothening properties. My battle scars and blemishes were faded into oblivion with continued use of a local Papaya soap brand that my mom, sister and even mom-in-law swear by, so I’m pretty psyched to try Snoe’s version of the ever-famed Papaya. Php 139

Snoe White Beauty Bar in Lightening Licorice

I wish they had included either another variant (moisturizing, maybe?), but I appreciate that they included this Lightening Licorice soap for those sensitive to papaya’s strong exfoliating properties. Php 139 4

Snoe Poudre Extraordinaire Face Powder

So, I’m most excited for this tiny litle pot of goodness. I’m just not sure which shade I got as I don’t see it anywhere in the packaging. I haven’t opened this just yet but have heard raves upon raves on the local blogging community about this loose powder with acai berry in its ingredients. Php 799

Bedside Besobalm Lip Treatment in Pink Pout Pucker

I actually got a Besobalm from my first Glamourbox (which is the very first Glamourbox actually!) and my husband is the one reaping its moisturizing benefits till this day. However, I’m excited that this version is kinda like my beloved Dior Lip Glow that changes the puckers into a luscious pink color. Php 249

Fizzy Clean Foaming Hand Sanitizer

A foaming hand sanitizer – nifty! Ever since I became a mom, I’ve turned into a sanitize-freak. I’ve been told to chill a little and not SANITIZE ALL TEH THINGS~ but Selene caught the Hand-Foot-Mouth virus recently and there’s no chilling allowed since. LOL! But yes, I’m actually quite happy receiving this. Not drying at all despite my non-stop application all day. Not a big fan of the scent, though. I think I’ll sniff the other scents when I go to a Snoe counter. Php 179 5

OVERALL

I am quite happy with this box had I paid PHP 595 for it. The total cost of the whole box amounts to *pulling out what’s left of my math skills* PHP 1554 for the full-sized items and around Php 120 for the small-sized Poudre Extraordinaire pulling the total to PHP 1674 . Almost three times the price of the subscription! Of course, everything is offset by your delightfulness or lack thereof in each of the items which makes subscription boxes a hit or a miss. For me personally, I think this box deserves to be on the hit list. Are you subscribed to any box? What Snoe Beauty products have you tried and loved? Do share, you guys!

*The Glamourbox Team sent me this box for editorial consideration. No review was required, nor was I compensated for this entry.

1. Marjorie Gavan
    January 29, 2014 / 1:53 pm

Nope I haven’t tried a beauty box subscription and honestly, I didn’t know there is such a thing, lol. And to further emphasize my ignorance, I haven’t heard of Snoe Beauty until I read this post.

Out of all the things that were in that box, I am compelled to try the body ritual recipes (because I love slathering lotion on my body) and the organic papaya soap (because I love bathing).

Since you mentioned about box subscription (and please forgive my ignorance), how is it done? I think I want to try Snoe Beauty products too.

• January 29, 2014 / 9:41 pm

Hi Marjorie! So glad I’m the one to introduce you to both beauty boxes & SNOE Beauty! Well, basically, you just sign up for a beauty subscription box (mostly through their website) and they send you a box filled with beauty samples every month (depending on how long you sign up for!). There are a few here in the Philippines namely Glamourbox and Belle de Jour Box (these two pa lang the ones I’ve tried).

The subscription fee varies, so if you’re interested you can go to their websites to check out the details – http://glamourbox.ph for Glamourbox & http://bdjbox.com for Belle de Jour. HAVE FUN MARJ!

2. January 29, 2014 / 1:56 pm

I loved this box ha. So glad you got one. I’m so happy I can use my samples ‘cos I photographed all my stuff, hahaha yay! Priority: Agent Zero and Body Rituals ooh-la-la!

• Kira Ramirez
      January 29, 2014 / 9:24 pm

Same tayo! Trying our Agent Zero tomorrows! 😀

• January 29, 2014 / 9:44 pm

Will try mine tomorrow, too!!! 🙂 EXCITEMENT!

3. Nix Sayo
    January 29, 2014 / 3:15 pm

Definitely a hit! It’s my first time subscribing to a beauty box and I’m beyond glad that I subscribed to Glamouxbox in time for their Special Snoe Box. 😀

• January 30, 2014 / 5:55 pm

Ooh you have one rin – *high five* gurlfran! Lemme know if you’ve tried the stuff na. What’s your fave, not-so-fave, etc! 🙂 I WANNA KNOOOOW!

4. Keit
    January 29, 2014 / 3:23 pm

Woohoo, that’s s fancy shmancy box you’ve got there. So many cool goodies O_O
    I haven’t tried these beauty boxes subscription, but I think it’s time 😀

• January 30, 2014 / 5:56 pm

It’s really hit or miss, eh – with these boxes. I think it’d be better if you can check out first what’s inside before subscribing. But then you run the risk of having sold out boxes which you can’t sign up for anymore! Good luck if ever you do start beauty boxing hehe!

January 29, 2014 / 5:32 pm

I’ve never applied for a subscription box. 🙁 ant recommendations as to which I should apply for? Your photos, onnce again are ao perf. They don’t even look like photos you took, just the ones everyone steals from the internet from time to time.

• January 30, 2014 / 6:09 pm

Hi rayray! Hmmm. I stopped my subscriptions for any boxes cos I felt I could save my $$$ for something I really liked. I would have to say check the box first before buying (although that would totally ruin the surprise!) to ensure maximum satisfaction, LOL. I would totally hate for you to spend Php600 bucks on items you’re not even remotely attracted to 🙂 I’ve only tried Glamourbox and Belle de Jour Box so those two are my top to-check-out boxes if you’re interested.

And thank you for the photography compliments. Too sweet, Rave:*

6. January 29, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Now I feel bad. I just bought the Hair Heroes Conditioner for Php 600 🙁 Is there a way for me to know kung anong kasali sa box before they even send them out? Sigh.

• January 30, 2014 / 6:11 pm

Awww Emz, sayang! You could’ve gotten this box nalang and get all other items too!! Although, shampoo yung kasama sa box na to (so maybe you can get this pa?).

I think you can sign up for the box after it’s been released (you can check out the beauty blogs that feature the beauty boxes to see first if you like the contents). Although, you’d have to risk the box being sold out if you dont sign up ahead (a la preorder).

• January 30, 2014 / 9:00 pm

Is that a new nickname?! Haha kyot! I remember the time when a certain subscription box had nothing but Shiseido goodies. My heart broke a million pieces because obviously, I didn’t sign up for it. Gahd.

7. January 30, 2014 / 1:48 am

Seems like a really lovely box! I used to be subscriber for the one in Finland, Livbox, but the content got too boring for me. Sometimes I think it would be better to know what there will be in the box (so you’d avoid getting something you don’t need/want), but of course it wouldn’t be such a sweet surprise then.

Satu
    Indie by heart

• January 30, 2014 / 6:11 pm

Yup! Same here.I got bored with them, too. 🙂 I would definitely like it if you could check the box’s content first before ordering!

8. Dianne Vanessa Alejo
    January 30, 2014 / 10:34 am

I subscribed to the BDJ Box once, and I loved it (got the Maybelline box). The recent subscription I got will send the first box on March pa. Looong wait :/ But I heard not-so good things about Glamourbox late last year, so I decided not to subscribe anymore. Parang naging boring daw yung mga products, plus they were getting delayed? Not sure. Anyway, would love to read your reviews on the products! 😉

xx Dianne

• January 30, 2014 / 6:13 pm

Oh yeah? I was kinda out of the beauty box world so didn’t really hear all the happenings but I think it happens with all beauty boxes. Depending on the brands they work with, or the amount of people that subscribe – there will be slight issues or technical difficulties. 🙂 I hope they’ve sorted it out already though! And yes, will review the products once I’ve tested them out a good amount of time 🙂

9. January 30, 2014 / 11:46 am

I have just subscribed to my first ever box (Glamourbox as well). I feel so weak, hehe. Anyway, I am so psyched that you got the Snoe Beauty special edition box. I absolutely love Snoe. Some of their products are a miss for me, but overall, they’re really great! And I have been meaning to get a hold of the Poudre Extraordinaire, but I can’t just yet. Can’t wait for this makeup ban to be over hahaha

• January 30, 2014 / 6:13 pm

What other SNOE products do you reco? Makeup-wise, ha. I’m so overwhelmed pero I really wanna try! And let’s try the SNOE POUDRE together and talk about it endlessly, game? Hihi

• January 31, 2014 / 4:06 am

I haven’t tried any of their makeup yet. Kasi I discovered them about 2-3 days before my makeup ban. So no can do na muna bumili, haha. But I have swatched some of their blushes on the counter and they seem promising naman 🙂 Let’s! But I don’t know if you can wait for one more month because that’s when my makeup ban is lifted and when I can finally purchase the Snoe Poudre. But I’m all for talking about it endlessly. Lol

• January 31, 2014 / 10:15 am

But you got the Glamourbox diba? May SNOE POUDRE na kasama, gurl!

• February 2, 2014 / 10:02 am

No, bebe. I just signed up for Glamourbox a few days ago. I didn’t get the Special Edition one 🙁

10. Rachelle Uy
    March 3, 2014 / 5:23 pm

You should try SNOE’s apple whitening scrub (which i use for my acne scars) as well as their Moroccan oil + Argan Oil Conditioner. Recently tried it and its currently one of my faves! 🙂

11. Mae Marfito
    March 1, 2016 / 6:59 pm

Please help me graduate by answering the survey questions for my thesis “Snoë Beauty: Brand Image and Self-Concept on Consumer Purchasing Behavior of Women When Buying Natural and Organic Beauty Products”.

I would greatly appreciate you helping me out. All information will be used for academic purposes only.

For Snoë users: http://goo.gl/forms/I5kYVCx0Tf