Mani Mondays: Chanel Rose Exuberant

2 3

Pink-Averse

I don’t usually go for pinks on my tips because it’s such a bright attention-grabbing color that I’m not comfortable wearing. That and I find it hard to match with outfits (yes, I match my nail polish with clothing. Am I the only one who does? Yes?). But after swatching this beautiful hibiscus pink at the Chanel counter, my pink-averse ways took a full u-turn.  4

Chanel Rose Exuberant

Rose Exuberant is a blue-based hot steaming pink that would almost look fuschia, if not for its slightly coral tones. It’s not exactly a unique shade, heck, I’m sure every brand has this shade in their nail polish lineup. Howevz, the formula of this is perfect – not too thick, not too thin with the polish applying smoothly and evenly, without any streaking, bubbling or pooling. It’s densely pigmented too so one coat is all you need to achieve full opacity. 5 6

Thoughts

I took these photos three days after I put it on and nary a chip in sight. The tip wear showing in isn’t even real tip wear — just my unskilled polish application skills. After trying a few Chanel polishes, I could say Rose Exuberant is one of the easiest to apply and one of the longer-lasting shades. While it isn’t exactly a unique shade, it’s one of the bright pinks that I’m not at all hesitant to wear. As of typing, I’ve been wearing it for 9 days and tip wear is very minimal. Any hot pinks you recommend?

1. January 19, 2014 / 7:22 am

Hey Shari, what a shamelessly girly shade this is! I might have one shade that is close enough, Dior Plaza. This reminds me: I have to take both the nail polish and the lipstick out! Love that shade 🙂

2. January 19, 2014 / 8:05 am

love the color! I don’t get along with chanel polishes lol but this one is so pretty! 🙂

January 19, 2014 / 11:28 am

I’ve missed your Mani Mondays! I’m not really the type to wear full on bright pinks. I mostly wear blacks or blood reds. And your right. The line that separates high end nail polishes from others is the formulation. 🙂

4. January 19, 2014 / 1:43 pm

I’m not really a big fan of wearing anything pink (except blushes). But this looks very pretty on you! I’m wearing green polish today (memasabi lang hahaha). Buti nalang di ako umabot sa pati mga high end na polishes bibilhin ko na din–but I was almost, ALMOST there. Baka sinumpa na ko ng bebe ko hahaha!

5. Keiti Dontcare
    January 19, 2014 / 5:27 pm

I desperately need a long lasting nail polish, mine get chipped off after the third day.
    And yeah, I match my polish with clothes too 😀

6. January 19, 2014 / 6:58 pm

This is a gorgeous pink, I agree! 🙂 MAC’s girl about town is very pretty as well.

7. Nix Sayo
    January 20, 2014 / 11:44 am

You have pretty hands! Grabe! Parang pang-model sa magazine. 😀

8. January 20, 2014 / 12:06 pm

I really like this pink on you! I could never justify purchasing a luxury brand polish, though…

9. January 21, 2014 / 4:06 am

And that color is gorg!! I love it!