Makeup Play: Purpley Bronze with Rouge Bunny Rouge

Checking In

I’ve been lacking in posts recently because it’s been two straight weeks of nonstop life events and then some blog-related ones (kinda excited for those!). Today’s also my little girl’s 1st birthday which made the past two weeks busier than ever. Not to mention I caught the stomach flu too so I haven’t been feeling my best lately. I think my ‘blogging’ duties are getting to me because I blog in my head and wake up thinking I’ve already published a post. Blogger problems, much. LOLZ! Anyhoots, for real now, I’m just checking in to post a makeup look I wore to a blogger briefing yesterday with my favorite local bloggers! This won’t be a long post with my usual blabs. But I did try out a new product in this post which is the ubiquitous Naturactor Cover Concealer that has permeated the local beauty scene a while back. I can’t just yet put together a resolute thought regarding it, so I’ll save it for the individual review. It does cover up pretty well, though. For its super smooth, almost powdery consistency, it’s actually quite pigmented. 2

For the Peepers

The spotlight for today’s look are the Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Eyeshadows in Delicate Hummingbird and Bohemian Waxwing. I’ve realized that most of my looks lately have leaned towards purple hues, so for this look I incorporated the iridescent bronzed champagne goodness of Bohemian Waxwing. Ahhh, blending heaven, these eyeshadows make you experience. I’ve also tried using the frosty Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sugar Frost for the inner lids. 3

For the Fez Bez

I’m trying to empty this Lancome Teint Miracle foundation so in almost all my makeup looks, this will be my best friend. I actually quite like its finish, it covers what it should with your skin still peeking through just a little bit. Not at all dewy, but has that glow you can’t really pinpoint. I like it, but I’d love to try new foundations so I’m emptying this up before I go on purchasing a new one (*gasp!* Shari, is that you! YEZITIZZZ). I used the Naturactor concealer on the undereyes and on some blemishes and it did a great job, methinks. I used the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer only to clean up the mess I created while blending eyeshadows, etc etc. 4 Of course, this palette needs no intro. I’ve been addicted to this since I first used that I’m scared to hit pan, actually. I used Incandescent and Radiant for the look below, no Dim.6

The Final Look

And heretiz, the purpley bronze goodness of the Rouge Bunny Rouge shadows. I can’t say enough good stuff about those shadows, really topnotch formula that I aim to collect them all (of course, that won’t happen anytime soon). I forgot to include the lipstick I used which was MAC Mehr. Nothing too shocking, just a wearable daytime look. PS – see my magical abilities to make all my eye makeup disappear in a second!! (right photo) Hooded eyelids, tsk tsk.

You can buy Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyeshadows here. *Affiliate Links

1. January 26, 2014 / 12:16 pm

You look great! =) That lip color suits you soooo well. Aw, life events are normal! Your little girl is 1 already!!! Time flies! I remember you first introducing her on the blog and I remember her with all her glorious beautiful hair!!!! =D

• January 28, 2014 / 5:12 pm

Thank you Jen! :* And yes, time flies by TOO fast! I remember having given birth as if it were only yesterday! GOSH! 🙂 And eeeh, thanks for remembering my head-full-of-hair baby girl!! SO SWEET!

• January 28, 2014 / 5:13 pm

Thanks 🙂

2. January 26, 2014 / 1:14 pm

love the look and the lipstick! I liked teint miracle once but was undecided about shade match lol. perhaps i need to try again!

• January 28, 2014 / 5:14 pm

It’s quite tricky, the shade match. I was assigned NEUTRAL when I thought I was ochre 😐 Let me know your thoughts when you try it again, Joyce!

January 26, 2014 / 1:18 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELENE!!! She’s so frigging cute! I always babysit my younger cousin and I absolutely adore her. I love kids (not in a pedophile-y way). I tried something similar to Naturactor. They’re both manufactured by Meiko, I believe. It’s the Octard Cover Foundation. I love it as just concealer underneath my foundation. I hope you can review the NARS creamy concealer. 🙂

• January 28, 2014 / 5:26 pm

Thank you Raven! :* I’m sure you’re a great ATE to your younger cousin 🙂
      Thanks for the heads up on the Octard Cover Foundation – never heard of it!! I am iffy about the Naturactor but leaning towards liking it, IDK. Have to use it more! Love the coverage though.
      And yes, I’m doing a concealer round up soon — wait for it, bebebgurl!

AWWW ano ba yan, the compliments — I cant take them all!! LOL! :* Hihi. Sweet mo naman, dear. But practice lang yan! And please, I learned all those now lang at what, 24 years old! Ikaw, so expert at your age!! SNAPS for you, Rayray!

4. January 26, 2014 / 1:42 pm

Happy, happy birthday to the cutie patootie, Selene. And you look as gorgeous as ever! Oh those Rogue Bunny Rogue Eye Shadows. I would love to give them a try but they’re too expensive for me. Huhuhu.

• January 28, 2014 / 5:51 pm

Thanks, V!! :* In the near future, kaya yan! kahit one shadow lang, swear, worth it siya!

5. January 26, 2014 / 5:01 pm

I wish Mehr would look like that on me.

• January 28, 2014 / 5:51 pm

How does MEHR look like on you ba, dear?

6. January 26, 2014 / 8:27 pm

Hey Shari, oh wow what a pretty look! Happy birthday to Selene! I bet you’ve got some fun things planned for her birthday!

• January 28, 2014 / 5:52 pm

Thank you Sunny!! 🙂 Nothing too fancy, just a simple celebration!

7. Lou S
    January 26, 2014 / 8:53 pm

What a beautiful look! I need to get my hands on that NARS concealer, I really need it! 🙂

MyMakeUpCompulsion

• January 28, 2014 / 5:52 pm

Thanks Lou! 🙂

8. Beth Bradley
    January 26, 2014 / 11:43 pm

Beautiful look, your skin looks flawless. I love the Hourglass palette too!

Beth | BethBlogsBeauty

xx

• January 28, 2014 / 5:52 pm

Thank you Beth!

9. January 27, 2014 / 12:11 am

Love this look! I’ve been eying the RBR shadows for some time now (both of these colors as a matter of fact) I think it’s time to finally get some

• January 28, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Eeeeh! You must you must, Lauren! Time to get your hands on them. I think they’re having a Winter Sale now, but these two shades aren’t included in the sale,sadly.

10. Nix Sayo
    January 27, 2014 / 1:17 pm

Beautiful as always!

• January 28, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Thanks bebegurl Nix!

11. January 27, 2014 / 9:07 pm

Pretty! I don’t own any RBR products but I think a shadow would be a good place to start! Your skin looks flawless with that foundation and the ambient powder!

• January 28, 2014 / 5:53 pm

Thank you Sharlynn! It’s a good combination, I must say 🙂

12. January 28, 2014 / 4:16 am

I have heard amazing things about that Hourglass Ambient Lighting…looking forward to trying

• January 28, 2014 / 5:54 pm

The palette is unavailable anymore but maybe you can check out local SpaceNks or Sephoras to see if they have leftover stocks. Or go for the singles! Or the new blushes!

13. January 28, 2014 / 5:51 pm

Thanks you Olivia!

14. January 28, 2014 / 6:28 pm

You’re so gorg, Ate Shari! 🙂 Do you know anyone who sells the Hourglass Palette? I seriously regret not getting it before. Gahd. 🙁 And happy birthday to your little one! Don’t grow up too fast!

15. January 29, 2014 / 4:59 am

You look so pretty! If I only had to get one Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder, which one would you recommend?

16. January 30, 2014 / 1:12 pm

Happy Birthday to your little girl!!! Did you get her a present? 😀

I’m really liking the purple eyeshadow here – so pretty. And it looks great on you, too! I have hooded lids also, and yeah… it sucks. Like I just spent the last 9 hours doing my eye makeup and poof – all gone as soon as I open my eyes, ha ha!!

17. Nikki
    January 30, 2014 / 7:09 pm

I’m also scared to hit pan on my own Hourglass palette. I’ve been using Radiant Light everyday. It’s just so beautiful.

Oh, and give your girl a belated birthday hug from me. 🙂

18. January 31, 2014 / 1:16 pm

I have hooded lids too 🙂 But your posts give me inspiration to experiment, you present such a ton of variety in your “makeup play” posts!

19. jgpangi
    August 29, 2014 / 3:38 pm

OH EM GEE, why don’t you use your Rouge Bunny Rouge on more FOTDs? They look absolutely gorgeous on you!