Makeup Play: Abyssinian Catbird & Unforgettable Oriole

12 3

Less Buy, More Play

I think I’m already a month into my no-buy now and I’ve only purchased a concealer because my beloved ZA one is already running out (and my shade in it has been out of stock for a long time now). The stuff I’ve been writing about recently were all purchased pre-no buy declaration but received by mail after.

What does this no-slash-low-buy era mean for the blog, then?

More digging through my stash to find stuff to use and abuse, of course! To be honest, I’ve always been conscious of posting looks and FOTDs because of my not-even-amateur makeup skills, which makes this blog lean more toward product reviews and not looks with tutorials (I shiver at the thought because I can’t even put makeup on myself properly!). However, that means more and more buying to keep up with the featuring, which isn’t the sole purpose of this blog!!! So to counter that, I’ve been doing some new things like the recent, Most Used Products and this Makeup Play series in hopes of slowing down the consumption that has taken over. Those Spring sneak peeks aren’t helping at all, though. But my wallet remains steadfast.
For this entry, I’ll be sharing a look I did using the products above, focusing on these Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadows in Abyssinian Catbird and Unforgettable Oriole. 5 Nothing too dramatic or bold here, just wanted to show how Abyssinian Catbird and Unforgettable Oriole look like in action. Good gosh, let me just say… these eyeshadows are ahmazing. I didn’t even spend half the time I normally would to blend for this look. For tools, I only used a NARS 13 blending brush and my finger to pat the shades in place. I don’t know why my outer crease looks brown but I only used AbCat on there. I’d like to think it’s the complexity of the shade, rather than a leftover brown shadow from the blending brush I used. 4c

The Look

I kept the rest of the look neutral, too (boh-ring old me, I swear someday I am gonna rock red eyeshadow). I used NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park for the lips, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Blush in Stereo Rose for my cheeks and Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner for my upper lashline. I test drove the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara handed down to me by my mom (which was part of a GWP set). Not included in the photo is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation that I used slaphappily (didn’t even get to conceal properly, hah). And that’s it! Who’s with me on this let’s-wear-all-our-makeup journey? Anyone? None? Just me?

1. December 3, 2013 / 3:07 pm

Definitely on that boat. I’m on a low-buy, though my no buy just technically finished a few days ago. I still bought shit, though. LOL. Playing with makeup is way funner than buying and not using anyway.

Lovely look! Makes me want to get s’more RBR, but lol. That’s not in line with my makeup goals, so maybe in a few months/years. 😀

• December 8, 2013 / 4:02 pm

You finished your no-buy na!!! CONGRATS! Super proud and jealous of you, gurl! And cant wait to see what you have in store now that you can wisely get to buying again.

2. December 3, 2013 / 5:25 pm

Hey Shari, this look is so pretty! I think I need Unforgettable Oriole now!

• December 8, 2013 / 4:04 pm

I dont think Unforgettable Oriole is unique enough to be a must-have but it’s definitely a beauty 🙂

• December 8, 2013 / 4:04 pm

Thanks, Joyce! :*

3. December 5, 2013 / 2:21 am

I love this look on you <3 And, same here. I will be on a makeup-buying hiatus by January. I still want to enjoy the holidays and all the goodies that comes along with it, hehe.

• December 8, 2013 / 4:05 pm

I dont wanna spend any more on holiday collections so I did a makeup ban na 🙂 Good luck on yours, V!

4. GummyVision
    December 5, 2013 / 5:06 am

Oh, goodness that’s such a beautiful look on you!!! And might I say I’m so impressed with your no/low buy!!! I tried and managed 6 days without buying anything then the black friday sales hit and oooooooof. I’ll keep resetting the clock until I can get IT!! I’m totally with you on trying to wear everything…absolutely goes with my mantra this year that I should only have things in my stash that I love 🙂 I’ve been pretty good about eyeshadow palettes and blushes, but I really need to concentrate on eyeshadow singles too…

• December 8, 2013 / 4:17 pm

I passed the one month ban with only one purchase!!! 🙂 And I didnt get anything from the Black Friday Sale (none for myself, I bought for others though), can you believe that! I swear, I’ve never been more proud of myself. I’m thinking how long I could hold out though. What made it to your Black Friday haul btw? So curious!!! For now, I’ll live and shop vicariously through you, Gumgum!!

5. Replica
    December 7, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Such a beautiful look, those eyeshadows are just meant for one another 🙂

• December 8, 2013 / 4:17 pm