Three Product Face #2

a2b

Slap and Go

“So much makeup, only one face!” Is it weird that some days I find myself wanting to pile more and more stuff on my face just so I could let my other makeup feel that they are loved and appreciated? For example, here I am already wearing a blush when suddenly I see this other well-loved but not-so-used one and just feel the urge to to wear it. So then I tell myself that hey, the previous blush works as a contour anyway so maybe I could still use this other blush. Anyway, this entry is totally on the opposite side of that phenomenon and is all about minimalism. I actually used to be a three-product girl way back when I wasn’t this attracted bedeviled with makeup yet. So this little series is a tribute to that girl inside of me that’s still kinda impatient and just wants to slap some products on and go — all in a matter of 5 minutes. a41Please excuuuuse the untamed brows! Running to the groomers tomorrow. Ellana Minerals Mineral Powder Foundation* I recently attended the relaunch of this local beauty brand and received a goody bag with a few of their star products. To be honest, I’ve never tried mineral makeup before so I didn’t know what to expect. I also am not fond of powder foundation (heck, I only wear foundation on ‘special’ occasions because I hate the heavy, weighed down feel on the face!). Surprisingly, this mineral loose foundation was quite lightweight that I didn’t feel like I was wearing any at all. I applied with a fluffy brush tapping the excess off (like 3 times!) before applying all over. I think you could build it up to a full-coverage but I went with medium coverage for this look. Goodbye, pores! If you want a high-def look, I would def recommend this one! Ellana Minerals Lip & Cheek Gel* I’ve been taken back to my highschool and college days where I lived with just a concealer, lip & cheek tint and lip balm. I didn’t use this particular one but I like that I’m being reintroduced to a similar product again. I like the punch of watermelon this lip & cheek gel comes in, but the pump dispenses too much product even if you carefully squeeze to try to get just a little. It spreads easily but dries quickly so you must work within a 10-second timeframe. Overall, I like how the color instantly brightens up my face. It stays put for almost 6 hours without fading, too! Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes Mascara I still can not find a mascara that doesn’t weigh down my lashes and hold my curls in place. And while this Lancome mascara lengthens, it still fails in the two areas I mentioned. I stick with it though because I like how it doesn’t smudge nor smear for hours but is easy to remove at the end of the day. I am open to mascara suggestions, friends!
The last time I did this, I asked you guys for your three-product faces and beautiful Carina actually did a post on her choices, yay!

Also, have you joined my Black Friday Shopping Giveaway yet? I’m revealing one product included in the haul soon! Stay tuned.

1. November 21, 2013 / 11:12 pm

I’m not sure I could do a three product face… foundation, concealer and brow pencil are already three, and that’s just the basics 😛 Great job though, you look so fresh and pretty!

• November 25, 2013 / 1:47 am

Thanks, Rocaille love! :* I didnt think I could do a three-product face decent enough to post online 🙂 I want to see your 3-product face! 😉

• November 25, 2013 / 1:47 am

Thanks for sharing Juvy! I use those three sometimes, too. Although more concealer than powder 🙂

2. November 22, 2013 / 1:34 am

Oooohh. You look so pretty! 🙂 And the contour–ahmazeballs hihi <3 Also, if you haven't, you might want to give Benefit They're Real Mascara a shot.

• November 25, 2013 / 1:48 am

Thanks, V! I’ve tried They’re Real na, didnt get to even use half the bottle because it clumps 🙁 Huhu.

3. driving30_with_2gether
    November 22, 2013 / 4:49 am

I totally understand that feeling. I want to use all of my makeup…but I have too much of it to all go on my face! I adore this makeup look. That blush is stunning!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

• November 25, 2013 / 1:49 am

YAY!! Someone who shares my crazy use-all-my-makeup bouts, haha! Thanks, love!

4. Gellie Abogado
    November 22, 2013 / 9:48 am

College days I use a cheek tint from a local brand as well. Well, it’s a lip and cheek tint, which I find quite good on my cheeks but not on my lips. Haha!

Lately, I haven’t been putting much makeup on and have decided to stick to a toned down natural look. Foundation, loose powder, brows, mascara and lip color. More than your three but still, for me, this is what I can consider “my” basic. Hehe 🙂

xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

• November 25, 2013 / 1:51 am

Shaaare!!! what did you use? 🙂 I went through tubes of The Body’s Shop lip and cheek stain, till I came across Ever Bilena’s and found it works just the same for a fraction of a price! 🙂

I like your 5 product face, Gellie. I would go for that look sometimes, though I skip foundation and loose powder for just a concealer and go for concealer and blush instead 🙂 Thanks for sharing dear!

• Gellie Abogado
        November 25, 2013 / 1:57 pm

Oh! It’s the one from Ever Bilena. The one that comes in purple pero love it on my cheeks! 🙂

5. Raven
    November 22, 2013 / 9:14 pm

I cannot live without my liner and my mascara. Heck, sometimes I don’t even powder anymore and just wear that! Try Maybelline Hypercurl mascara!! My absolute fave. <3

• November 25, 2013 / 1:51 am

I WILL TRY MAYBELLINE HYPERCURL! Thanks, Raven!!! Love your inputs, always!