Three-Product Face : Stand Out version

ac2

Red and Black

I decided to do a three product face that’s not the usual subdued, boring, safe me. This isn’t really my go-to look but I’m being more experimental with red lips lately so I thought if I’m going with just three makeup items, I better go hard (than go home). My three products for this look: concealerlipstick and liquid eyeliner. I chose my recently purchased and currently loved ZA Perfect Fit concealer together with other recent purchases, Stila All Day Waterproof Liquid eyeliner and NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella. b3 Forgive the uneven newbie-drawn eyeliner flicks. I did the right one (your left side) first and was happy about it. The left side (your right), well, I kinda got a little flick-happy and overdrew, extending it out more (which I don’t really like) than the first one. Practicing this skill and doing it with my eyes closed is in order. I think my One Product Face would have to be concealer, except when my dark circles, eyebags and blemishes have been banished into the underworld (which I’m not counting on anytime soon). I think I’ll be doing more of these three-product looks to showcase other combinations. What do you think? And what items are on your three product look?

PS – WANT TO WIN A FREE HAIR COLOR SESSION WITH ME?

Currently running a L’Oreal Professionel PH promo on my Facebook and Twitter pages. Check out the links below to join: Facebook promo page Twitter promo page

• October 22, 2013 / 10:30 pm

Thanks Hannah!
      I’ve concealed blemishes and scars so it may seem clear but it’s really not 😉 Hihi. Thanks though!

1. October 22, 2013 / 2:47 pm

I’ve been doing winged eyeliner for a long time now, yet I still can’t draw it perfectly. Haha! I tried putting a bit of masking tape on my face to guide my winged eyeliner and it worked! No need to wipe off mistakes with makeup remover. I think I’ll be using the tape trick from now on.

• October 22, 2013 / 10:32 pm

I will try the tape trick next time! Thanks for the tip, Av!!

2. October 22, 2013 / 3:27 pm

My three-product face:
    — Some kind of eye tint/shadow
    — a lip color
    — eyeliner OR mascara!

• October 22, 2013 / 10:33 pm

I wanna see your picks, do it!
      Mascara does nothing for me because I haven’t found one that holds my curl well enough 🙁 Any suggestions?

• October 24, 2013 / 2:19 am

I figured out that waterproof mascaras tend to hold my curl better! I shall do it 😀

3. October 22, 2013 / 3:33 pm

Love your choices! Winner the combination of cat eye + red lips 😀

xo runbarbierun.com

• October 22, 2013 / 10:34 pm

Romz!! Thanks! 😉 I actually forgot to put up there that I got this idea from you!!

4. October 22, 2013 / 5:07 pm

Ate Sha! Fierce na fierce! Grabe ha 3 products lang vavavoom na ang look mo! I used to have a Stila eyeliner (the pencil) and it’s super amazing. It stays for 12 hours.

• October 22, 2013 / 10:34 pm

Ay thanks naman Jen! *blush*
      And yes, I’m amazed at this Stila eyeliner, really doesn’t budge or smudge.

5. Steph-G
    October 22, 2013 / 6:54 pm

very pretty! the lip color looks great on you 🙂

• October 22, 2013 / 10:35 pm

Thank you Steph-G!! 🙂

6. Keiti Dontcare
    October 22, 2013 / 7:35 pm

Haha, my eyeliner always turns out that way. One eye is perfect, worthy of a magazine, the other is a weird shaky line, worthy of shame 😀

• October 22, 2013 / 10:35 pm

HAHAHA I like how you phrased that – so true!! Why can’t we have two mag-worthy eyeliner looks!

7. October 22, 2013 / 7:53 pm

Ahh that’s a lot of impact for a three-product face! Love it! My one-product face would be my brow pencil, and three probably brow pencil, mascara, and a powder foundation 😉

• October 22, 2013 / 10:37 pm

Hihi, thanks Sunny! I don’t usually go for this kind of look – red lips and winged liner but it’s a refreshing (hopefully!) change from my usual looks so I figured I’ll try it! Brow products used to be my ULTIMATE cant-be-without items too but since growing my brows and having them groomed professionally, I’m not as hideous without them anymore!

8. Vanessa
    October 22, 2013 / 10:04 pm

I have forgotten how to do minimal makeup ever since i got hooked on them! Many times i’ve tried doing 3-product looks but i ALWAYS end up with average of 10 products…

• October 22, 2013 / 10:39 pm

I usually have a happy time applying makeup too that it’s easy to go with 5 or even 10 products, too! This is why this series is a challenge for me because to pick only 3 products?! Hehe. What are your picks if you had to only choose 3?

9. October 23, 2013 / 3:28 am

I love it!! However, I don’t think I could pull up wearing just red lipstick without any foundation on or at least powder. I would look like a walking disaster, lol. But this definitely looks superb on you. And I always forget to check that ZA Concealer out. Have to put that on Reminder, haha! And I’m glad you’re loving the Stila eyeliner 🙂

• October 26, 2013 / 11:56 pm

Yes, it really stays put without smudging for hoursssss! Like like like!
      And Im with you noh – if I dont have concealer and just wear red lipchook, medyo di rin carry. The ZA concealer is really good, grabe. I can just wear that for my undereyes and blemishes and mukha na akong may foundation!

10. Florencia Alarcón Rivero
    October 23, 2013 / 6:18 am

gorgeous and classic look, you have such a baby face x

holaflo.blogspot.com

• October 26, 2013 / 11:56 pm

Oh shocks, thank you Flo! Made my day xx

11. October 23, 2013 / 1:45 pm

I would probably just use the same three products because I can’t deal without them, but I love your interpretation of it. I also love that lippie on you. It really pales you out but the perfect skin + dramatic liner goes REALLY well with it. love love love!

• October 26, 2013 / 11:57 pm

Wheee thanks Telliebellz. 🙂 So glad to finally have met you earlier!! Hope to see you soon again. Di tayo nakapag-chika masyado.

12. Joy
    October 23, 2013 / 7:14 pm

Hi Shari, i love this look on you! The red lip look is gorgeous! Simple yet so classic 🙂

• October 26, 2013 / 11:57 pm

Oh wow, thank you Joy! Appreciate your sweet comment!

13. October 25, 2013 / 2:03 pm

You still look gorgeous as ever, Shari!!! Loving the winged eyeliner as well! I sure as hell can’t achieve that my eyeliners winged huhuhuh

• October 26, 2013 / 11:58 pm

Sherica! Thanks naman 🙂 As you can see, medyo n00b rin ang pagkalagay ko nung winged liner, still practicing it! Would love to see you with a winged liner too, try it kayaaaa!

14. October 26, 2013 / 12:36 pm

my one product would also have to be a concealer because of my panda eye bags, and my top 3 products are also concealer, lipstick, and eye liner. lipstick can also function as a blush ^^ although it would be very hard to blend with red lipsticks ^^

• October 26, 2013 / 11:59 pm

Trueeee, lipstick can also be a blush though I havent tried it yet. Parang I feel magiging oily siya 🙁 Have you tried it though? Baka hindi naman? 🙂
      And hahaha imagining how I’d wear red lipstick as blush!!

15. Kay
    October 26, 2013 / 9:52 pm

Which shade is your concealer? 🙂

• October 26, 2013 / 11:58 pm

I’m shade 02 in the ZA concealer, Kay 🙂

16. GummyVision
    November 5, 2013 / 6:06 am

I love this!! It’s so much easier to think about only putting a few products on vs. the time and energy it takes to do a full face. Beautiful face!! Love the bold lip with the winged liner 🙂

17. December 17, 2013 / 12:15 am

This looks a lot like my everyday face this december. Only I use a deep plummy lipstick.