Love it or Toss it #1

lioti2lioti3

New Series

For this series, I’ll be quickly glossing over new products I’ve purchased or old ones I’ve dug up to use. This is inspired by Joyce and Gummy’s Love it or Toss it series which focuses on products they were unsure of so they use them over the weekend and decide the week after if it’s hello or goodbye.

Shu Uemura Hard 9 Pencil in Acorn

I picked this up a month ago and in a span of two weeks, the pencil broke twice. I like that the formula is sheer enough that I can swipe this over my brows three- four times and not look like Cara deLevigne gone wrong. It’s almost my HG eyebrow pencil – great for everyday use that gives the most natural-looking brows. But the lead breaking that results to product wastage is totally breaking the deal for me. Not to mention I had to go back twice to the Shu store to have it sharpened Naginata style. Verdict: I’ll give it one last chance. If it breaks again, I’ll TOSS it, meaning I’ll use it up but won’t repurchase it. So sad because I really like the formula, but for its price (Php1400 / $32), I definitely can not compromise the breakage.

Peripera Very Nice Liquid Eyeliner

What a creative name, so inspiring! Peripera must have spent countless nights on this name. Anyway, I’ve been on the hunt for a liquid eyeliner that stays put on my oily lids sans the smudge, the creasing and the tugging action needed when applying. Sadly, Peripera fails the last criteria. I don’t like that I have to tug on my lids when applying eyeliner. I also notice smudging and transferring on the 5-6 hour mark. Verdict: Kinda expensive (Php595) and not so dependable. A definite TOSS! I may give it to my sister instead who doesn’t have oily lids like mine.

ZA Perfect Fit Concealer

Discovered this through one of my favorite Instagram beautygrammers, Michelle. It’s highly pigmented, blends like a breeze and covers up dark circles and puffiness very well. I use it to cover up blemishes, too. Not to mention the very afforable price tag!! It’s only Php345 ($8). My search for an everyday concealer is over. I will be hoarding lots of these. Verdict: True and honest LOVE!   lioti4

What do you think of this series? And if you’ve used any item I’ve mentioned, I’d love to hear your experience, tips, etc.

1. October 13, 2013 / 7:17 pm

The Shu pencil breakage really sucks, and I can’t imagine forking out so much for something that just doesn’t function as well as it should! Would be convenient if they came out with a crayon version of this, right?
    I have heard of the Za concealer, but I never really knew enough about the reputation of the brand to buy this… does it have a wide range of shades to pick from?

• Shari
      Author
      October 13, 2013 / 11:28 pm

Yes it does. I’m really hoping it doesnt break anymore cos I do like the formula and the shade.

The ZA concealer sadly only comes in two shades 🙁 It’s a highly-rated drugstore brand all over Asia that I recently just tried! I’m impressed with the concealer because its highly pigmented and doesnt slide off on my combi skin. Wish it came in more shades though.

2. October 13, 2013 / 8:14 pm

That’s too bad because that peripera eyeliner was my HG for a year and I never had to tug or do anything but slide it on my lids for a slick black wing! I did a review! Maybe you got a really dried out one? Sorry to hear it didn’t work thought! Try kiss me heroine’s, dolly winks or 24 hour tattoo brand!

• Shari
      Author
      October 14, 2013 / 1:23 am

Hi Sharlynn! Maybe my lids are the problem? I have yet to find a liquid liner that doesn’t tug on me! 🙁 I found a kohl one that’s uber creamy solving my tugging problem but problem is it smudges on me 🙁 I recently picked up another liquid liner (stila all day) which im hoping becomes my end-all be-all love.

3. October 14, 2013 / 6:14 am

Oh no! It’s sad the Shu pencil breaks so easily! I prefer twist-up brow pencils, but maybe there aren’t that many around? My HG is Hourglass Soft Brunette. I just stocked up so I’ll be good for a year!

• October 15, 2013 / 3:35 am

Never heard of Hourglass’s eyebrow pencils but I’ll search for your review on this and check it out. Thanks for this, Sunny!

4. October 15, 2013 / 3:24 am

Where did you buy the concealer? Looks interesting. Anyway, read that you’re currently trying out the Stila Stay All Day. It’s actually really good. Doesn’t smudge at all. The problem is I have to tug my lids since the applicator is so tiny. Hope it works better for you though. I’m still loving my Maybelline Line Stiletto. You should check that one out. It’s less than Php500, but I ordered it online since it’s not available locally yet.

• October 15, 2013 / 3:36 am

I bought the ZA concealer from Watson’s SM, dear! Two shades nga lang available so check it out in person!

Oh nooo, when I tried it naman sa counter, it seemed promising. I barely had to touch my lids! Ive never heard of Maybelline Line Stiletto. Shall google that, too. Thanks V!

• October 15, 2013 / 3:42 am

Grr. I hate it when brands release super limited shades. Huhu. Will still check it out. Thanks, bb 🙂
        It’s good naman. Maybe it’s just me and my lids, hehe. And I love the Line Stiletto. Felt tip din siya and quite similar to the Stila Stay All Day. Only difference is the slightly thicker applicator of Line Stiletto’s 🙂

5. October 15, 2013 / 12:23 pm

Ohh thanks for sharing these, Shari! I’m thinking of buying that pencil from Shu. The only thing that I’m contemplating about is the sharpening moment, like I have to go there every time. Since the lead breaks easily, I’ll give it a pass.

Thanks for sharing about the concealer! Super affordable and nice to know it works. I’ll check this out by thursday ^_^

• October 15, 2013 / 7:51 pm

Genzel – don’t na. Haha. The first time it broke I haven’t even used it yet. Then I had it resharpened, used it once and it broke again while inside my bag. Kainis. Ang mahal mahal tapos ganon! 🙁 So disappointing. An

• October 15, 2013 / 10:17 pm

Try the ZA concealer, I really like it. Thought it only comes in two shades 🙁

• October 19, 2013 / 7:56 pm

Awww. Sad to hear that. 🙁 Natry ko kasi siya sa Shu store, ATC, ganda kaso hirap if laging putol, luge lang. 😐

Will do! They have Kiosk at SM Makati ^_^ Thanks Shari!

6. GummyVision
    December 4, 2013 / 12:38 pm

OMigosh how did I miss this post?!!! I’m so sorry!!! Thank you for the shout out, and I’m so happy you joined in the Love it or Toss It purge/love fun!!! Ha ha 🙂 That’s so annoying the Shu pencil keeps breaking…did it break again or have you still been using it? I think I remember you mentioning the Za Concealer before…wish there was somewhere over here where I could check it out in person. It looks like a nice little size too – compact enough to keep in a makeup bag in your purse! Have I told you how much I always love your pictures…especially on this post the text graphics are beautiful!!! XOXO