French Pharmacy Goodies!

fpharma2

French Skincare Lovin’

My husband is back from the beautiful land of Europe with some goodies in tow. What makes these more special other than the fact that they aren’t accessible to me here in the Philippines is what The Misty Dad (lolzzz, he’ll kill me) went through to get them. Instead of resting from a tightly-packed sched, he decided to walk the streets of Paree instead to look for the nearest french pharmacy.

KLM AIRLINES & AIRLINE THEFT

He picked up a few other items but they were stuffed in a brand new Louis Vuitton bag (that my dad-in-law purchased for my mum-in-law!) which were stolen in the Schipol airport after luggage check-in! They only knew about it when they saw their luggage here in Manila with broken padlocks and zippers. Currently in talks with KLM Airlines about this. But we are 100% sure that the culprits were airline crew from KLM Schipol because they knew exactly which of the 4 luggages contained the LV bags (yes, they stole two!). So dismayed, disappointed and outraged by this phenomenon!! Apparently, this is not a rare occurrence in airports. Lesson learned: your luggage isn’t as safe and secure as you would like to think it is. Please be careful when traveling. fpharma1

SKIN CARE HEAVEN

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Or

A multi-purpose dry oil that can be used for the face, skin and body to hydrate and moisturize given it’s packed with precious plant oils and Vitamin E. I asked for the gold version because I want a subtle shimmer on my body when I do wear it, as well as a healthy shine to my hair when applied. I will report back if it’s the ultimate dry oil for me. I’ve used Neutrogena before and found it takes too long to sink in, even leaving a film atop my skin, which I hated.

Klorane Dry Shampoo

This one was just a must-have in all French skincare posts I’ve read and even if I’m not particularly ecstatic about dry shampoo, I am willing to give it a try! It has oat milk, which I’m not sure what does for the hair, but let’s see.

La Roche Posay Serozinc

Another mist that apparently has a cult following in London. The actives in this product are Sodium Chloride (a.k.a salt) which is an astringent slash antiseptic of some sort and Zinc Sulfate, an acne-busting combatant which also aids in oil reduction and skin irritations. I’m still loyal to my dear Avene for daily (preventive!) use but believe Serozinc will be another best friend when I have unexpected breakouts that I want banished instantly.

Avene Thermal Spring Water

Enzo bought 6 huge cans of this for me. If that doesn’t scream HG, I don’t know what does. Holy Grail = Hoarding Galore. I think we’ve found the reason why I’m called THE MISTY MOM, folks.

Any French skincare items you’ve tried, tested, loved, detested?

1. October 21, 2013 / 3:27 am

What the heck? They STOLE your luggage? I just never really thought this would happen in Europe! I hope they’ll reimburse you for everything!

With that said, I am a big fan of Klorane dry shampoos! I haven’t tried Serozinc yet, but I know it has quite a cult following. Would love to hear what you think!

• October 21, 2013 / 10:46 am

They didn’t steal the luggage, they stole the brand new still in boxes LV bags inside the luggages 🙁 I think KLM will be reimbursing, but it’ll take months to resolve. What we’re after even more is going after the perpetrators and hoping this will not happen to anyone ever again!

And yes, I shall see what the Serozinc fuss is all about! So far so good, though. It really calms down some angry zits. And Klorane is a godseeend! I didnt think much of it at first but it’s great for lazy days!

2. GummyVision
    October 21, 2013 / 3:29 am

I used Avene Thermal water for a really long time…it’s such a great product!! And the Serozinc…ah, you lucky duck!! All the Caroline Hirons fans in the UK seem to rave about it over and over…would love to get my hands on a bottle or several!! Ha ha!! I’ve had the Klorane dry shampoo on my list forever, but I keep forgetting about it. How does it smell?? Very sorry to hear about the stolen and destroyed LV’s 🙁

• October 21, 2013 / 10:50 am

I can’t believe I’m slightly in favor of Serozinc now than my beloved Avene :O
      I didnt think the hype was worth all of it but here I am adding on to it. It’s too early to finalize anything though but so far, so good. Plump, soft and virtually no redness after spraying. I usually top Avene with a moisturizer so I dont feel dryness once the mist evaporates but with Serozinc, without moisturizer, it doesnt feel a bit dry. You should get your hands on this blue bottle of goodness, Gummy!

3. October 21, 2013 / 3:34 am

Terrible about your stolen luggage! We always take valuables as carry-on. Your husband and his dad would have looked very stylish sporting LV bags. 😉

• October 21, 2013 / 10:51 am

They shouldnt have checked it in nga 🙁 But they trusted the airline too much (that plus the fact they were in Europe! Akala nga nila dito sa Pilipinas nanakaw eh, but doon pala). Hahaha the thought of them sporting the LV bags made my day, lulz. Thanks Eula.

• October 22, 2013 / 12:21 am

🙁 Hope you get reimbursement from travel insurance or something.

4. October 21, 2013 / 4:00 am

oh no, how could it happen??? have you tried to sued the airline or do something with the stolen things? it is intolerable ://
    that’s why I always try my best to carry valuable things, but I can understand if your husband and dad in law wouldn’t carry the bags. hehe

anyway, I have only tried the avene thermal water and I was not really impressed with it, something about the smell i just didn’t get it.. T.T

• October 21, 2013 / 10:54 am

Lulz at them carrying, I can imagine it. But now, they dont mind the thought! They said they shouldve just carried it on anyway even if it means actually holding it in public.

Avene Thermal spray water doesn’t have any smell to me! I like it because it really calmed down my angry breaking out skin months back. Now I use it right before applying my moisturizer and it has made a huge difference in skin softness and texture. Different skin, different reactions though 🙂

5. Karen Chin
    October 22, 2013 / 3:26 pm

Out of these I have tried the Avene Thermal Spray and the Klorane dry shampoo- which I swear is the best in its category! I love the thermal spray, it is just so refreshing to use, and I’ve also been using La Roche Posay’s version too 🙂 I really want to try the Nuxe oil but it is a little too pricey for me- but I am waiting for the Nuxe lip balm to be delivered to me very soon! Bioderma Sensibio H20 is an amazing French product too 🙂 I can’t believe that they stole your valuables, I would be so mad! The Serozinc looks so interesting too, can’t wait for its review!

• October 22, 2013 / 11:30 pm

More praises for the Klorane dry shampoo – I’m more excited to use it now!! The Nuxe Oil is quite expensive but I’ve found nothing like it – not oily, greasy or filmy! I also looove the smell, it stays put the whole day. Plus the glow it gives off is too pretty as well. Definitely worth it! Will work on the Serozinc review, currently still roadtesting it. Thanks for the input Karen, definitely appreciated!!

6. October 22, 2013 / 3:52 pm

What the heck is up with airline staff stealing stuff from their customers???? Their gall is appalling!

• October 22, 2013 / 11:32 pm

EXACTLY! The fact that airline staff would even have the guts to do this is the WORST thought of all. 😐

7. Inna
    October 22, 2013 / 9:33 pm

So sad to hear about the bags. I do hope KLM does something about it.

I tried the Avene spray because of your review. I use it throughout the day to perk me up. Not sure though if it helps my makeup stay longer

• October 22, 2013 / 11:35 pm

Hi Inna!! We’re currently waiting for their response.

Also, the Avene spray isn’t really for makeup to last long. It’s spritzed on after putting to un-cake the powdery feel from layering foundation, concealer, loose powder, etc etc. Not so much give it a dewy feel, but just make the cakiness loosen up a bit.

The best use I have for it is really after washing my face and before I apply serum/moisturizer. I let it dry a bit and while still damp, I slather on my moisturizer to seal the hydration and moisture that Avene gives. Will do a full review on my routine soon. It really cleared up my angry and raging breakout phase that way 🙂

8. Trina Swanepoel
    October 24, 2013 / 9:45 am

I am also such a huge fan of AVENE! I’m currently using the cleanance gel facial wash and the cleanance k cream gel.. actually the whole line. I haven’t tried the mist though but I would love to buy soon! 🙂

Hernameistrina