What’s Inside My Makeup Bag ATM

INSIDE THE JUNGLE

My handbag has evolved from being what seemed like a makeup-kit-on-steroids to a diaper bag slash woman’s purse. I would show you “What’s Inside My Bag” but it would contain diapers, baby wipes, Selene’s toys, a hodgepodge of boring receipts and flyers I take from promo girls because I feel bad ignoring them — not at all interesting, imo. So, I’ll skip the unorganized mess and head straight to my makeup kit instead. Labeling it ATM or at the moment because I usually change makeup kits almost as frequently as I breathe. This version is a very toned-down kit in terms of content because I had to lose the heavyweights else I’d have lost my back now from carrying a 20lb baby on one arm and a bag filled with makeup I may not even use during the day on the other. 65

K.I.S.S

My go-to base is the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer that I’m just using up before switching to the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer which I’ve sampled recently and like better. I always bring a powder for when I get the oilies, which with the LM TM, I do get quite often even if it’s touted as oil-free. MAC Lingering has always been a staple for fast eyebrows but I’m getting rid of it once I finish it and moving on to Shu’s Hard 9 pencil. I bring around my blush of choice ever since purchase, Chanel Rose Initial, for a subtle pink flush on the cheeks. I carry the Korres eyeshadow in Golden Brown for a neutral wash on the lids, a no-brainer that I can even apply with just my fingers.  I’ve reduced the number of lip products to just three — MAC Faux, Lancome Rouge in Love Rose Boudoir and NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss. 2 3 I tote around a sample size of Lancome Advanced Genifique to put on before applying my tinted moisturizer. I use it as a primer (which it isn’t) but I dislike layering a lot of skincare items in the morning under makeup so I skip the primer and go for a serum instead. Lastly, I always have my Meteorites mini in Teint Rose for an overall glowing effect that’s so subtle you really can’t pinpoint it. Despite naysayers saying this is just a bunch of overpriced colored balls, I actually believe this really does something. I will not argue and defend what exactly but to me, it makes a difference. Maybe not Php3,000 worth of a difference but hey, you will never be able to use one up anyway so there’s no need to ever repurchase. So that’s my Makeup Kit ATM. Most of the items inside aren’t exactly my favorites — they’re either just fuss-free products or I’m on the mission of using them up. Any product of interest to you?

1. September 19, 2013 / 3:59 pm

Hello, Shari! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. 🙂

Anyways, I’m amazed by your makeup kit at the moment. All of them are high end. How I wish I could any of them soon. Haha! I’m really interested in trying the LM’s tinted moisturizer.

• September 19, 2013 / 8:41 pm

Thanks, Sylden! I like the LAURA TM but it’s not as oil-free as I’d like it to be. Also, not much coverage if youre looking for that. It’s really just a moisturizer with a little tint to even out the skin – not much coverage 🙂

2. September 19, 2013 / 4:23 pm

I love your make up bag collection! That make up bag is so white and simple yet so gorgeous! I really like the colour of your blush and the packaging looks very pretty 🙂

xx

• September 19, 2013 / 8:40 pm

Rose Initial is one of my favorites! Thank you, dear 🙂

3. Raven
    September 19, 2013 / 6:24 pm

I’ve really been thinking about getting the LMTM. Do you find it to be worth the price? 🙂

• September 19, 2013 / 8:44 pm

Hi Raven! I think it depends on your need, if you dont need much coverage and want an everyday skintone evener
      that’s also quite moisturizing and hydrating, then this’ll be worth it. It’s not as oil-free as I’d like it to be but nothing loose powder can’t fix 🙂 If you’re looking for something with a bit more cover, I’d recommend NARS’ TM, which i’ll be getting when I finish my Laura. A bit more expensive, though 🙁

4. September 19, 2013 / 8:54 pm

I’m getting addicted to themistymom! Out of all the local bloggers I follow & adore, you’re definitely my favorite! Very informative, witty posts. It really shows how much effort you put in each blog entry/article! I’m just thankful I stumbled upon your site haha. *ends fangirl rave* Hope you would start doing beauty vlogs too! 🙂

• September 22, 2013 / 1:35 am

Thank you so much, Eileen! Grabe, I’m so touched naman with your comment.. I appreciate your appreciation!! 🙂 Means a lot to me. I’ll *TRY* to do vlogs ha, pero don’t count on it anytime soon!

5. September 19, 2013 / 10:02 pm

Shari! I recently purchased the LM Radiance Primer despite having oily skin. PASAWAY. I love the glow it gives but it really does nothing for oil control!:-| Also received a sample of the TM, haven’t tried it!!! And yes go for the Shu Hard 9! Love that!

• September 22, 2013 / 1:37 am

Meron din akong sample ng LM primer (regular version) but I haven’t tried it yet. Feel ko kasi di ko naman kailangan – I’m glad I didnt pick up the Radiance primer though. Minamata ko na kasi I am attracted to anything ‘brightening’! Ano color mo sa Hard 9? I think I got the wrong shade 🙁

6. Samantha M
    September 20, 2013 / 12:14 am

I love these types of posts – i’m so nosey! Anyway i love the shade of that blush and the product that interests me the most is probably the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Thanks for sharing xx

• September 22, 2013 / 1:38 am

Thanks, Samantha! 🙂

7. September 20, 2013 / 12:38 am

There are mini meteorites?! I wanted them but they were TOO BIG and of course, too expensive. Maybe they’ll be more affordable as minis…

And have you tried the Meteorites primer? I aspirationally swatched it in some department store and CAN’T GET OVER IT!

• September 22, 2013 / 1:39 am

Tellie! YES – I tried their light-diffusing primer one time in a counter and grabe, soooo nice nga!!! I can almost get away wearing just that if it’s a good skin day. Parang banat yung face, inner glow kinda thing. LOVELY!!

8. September 20, 2013 / 3:37 am

Oh my, your lipsticks look great – such pretty colours. I just stumbled upon your blog and love your design/layout. It’s very cute and pretty 🙂 x

• September 22, 2013 / 1:40 am

Thank you, Wy!

9. September 20, 2013 / 6:35 am

hello! nice meeting you at the avon btw! So so pretty! finally.

Btw, is that chanel brush good? How much siya? thanks! Im curious!

• September 22, 2013 / 1:40 am

Hi Eyah! Nice meeting you, too gurrrl! And that brush is quite scratchy na kasi tagal na siya eh – I’m not sure how much it costs now or if they still have it.

10. September 20, 2013 / 3:20 pm

I’m interested with your bag. 😛

• September 22, 2013 / 1:41 am

Thank you, Chyrel! It’s a GWP lang with an Elie Saab perfume.

11. September 20, 2013 / 4:58 pm

I love the Lancome Rouge in Love lippy!!! So gorgeous <3

• September 22, 2013 / 1:42 am

It’s quite unique – their packaging! And medyo hefty! It’s a nice color too – especially for brightening your face instantly!

12. September 20, 2013 / 10:19 pm

I’ve never been drawn to something as brown as MAC Faux but now that you feature it, it seems like it screams “subdued, elegance”!

• September 22, 2013 / 1:43 am

I like the color super, pero it’s so drying! 🙁 More drying than other MAC lipsticks!

13. September 22, 2013 / 1:30 pm

hmm i’ve never seen korres eyeshadow before. that one looks pretty. I am glad to see you like the nars tm better than LM too, sometimes I feel like i’m the only one lol

14. September 23, 2013 / 7:17 am

i recently bought the new nars radiant creamy concealer, have you tried it? just thought since you like their tinted moisturizer you might like that one too. 🙂

15. September 23, 2013 / 9:06 am

I love your make up bag Ms. Shari. You have lots of awesome stuffs! ^^

16. September 24, 2013 / 8:54 am

Love love your makeup bag shari! <3 I get inspired / determined to apply makeup on my face if the case/bag is super pretty ^_^ You'll love Shu's pencil definitely. It looks really natural 🙂