Eye am Loving Guerlain Turandot Ecrin 4 Couleurs Palette

5 An eyeshadow palette? Really? If you’ve been a reader of my blog ever since, then you’d know that I’m not keen on eye makeup *gasp*. It’s mainly because I’m lazy and impatient for me, you really need talent in application or else no matter how expensive the eyeshadow, it might do more harm than good on your overall look. Especially since I have Asian hooded eyelids, it’s so tricky to actually get eyeshadow to even show. I just have this talent of making them disappear into oblivion. With these Guerlain palettes though, my talentless self is afforded a wee bit skill because of their well-formulated shadows. Check out the jump to see the look I created with this palette.  2 3 Guerlain’s packaging spells luxe  — the sleek gold casing housed in a velvet pouch with red trimming. 1/3 of the price might as well go to this alone. Pulling this out to touch-up or check your teeth after eating makes you look so classy that it’s okay if you have a bit of lodged spinach in there, all eyes would be looking on the palette you’re holding anyway. 14 The colors are neutral-but-not-quite. My swatches are the worst, I admit. I seriously don’t know how to swatch eyeshadows. They’re pigmented on my fingertips, but when I transfer on to my arm  — EH? How do other beauty bloggers do this so well (Karlasugar, Temptalia, etc)! Anywyay, the first shade is a frosty orange-toned gold that has great color pay-off in one swipe. It has the right iridescence that doesn’t scream shimmer-me-timbers. The two matte colors in this palette that I was a bit anxious to use because I feared the ‘punched-in-the-eye’ look are: (middle upper) a rusty red color and (middle lower) a muted plum. They are less pigmented than the other two, but are well-pigmented in their own terms as matte shadows. The last one is a frosted medium-dark brown that I’m inclined to say is my favorite of the four just because it’s a color I would almost always go for (neutrals girl in me). It’s the most pigmented of the bunch (even if it doesn’t look like it in my swatch, forgive me). 7 I don’t know how I managed to make this palette look so… nude. I seemed to subconsciously scrimp on the rusty and plummy colors and focused on the neutrals. I know it’s not perfect and I have so much room for improvement which is why I’ll update this and post another look that makes use of all 4 colors (I promise I won’t favor the neutrals this time!). Longevity? It lasts a whole day on me without primer! My photos above are swatched and worn without primer so it goes to show how great this Guerlain palette wears. Blendability is amazing, texture is good (I can compare it to Lorac Pro’s shadows although that has minor fallout issues). Fallout is almost none! It’s really easy working with this palette. This is my second Guerlain palette and I must say, it’s consistent thus far. The price is the major deterrent, though —steep steep steep! I wish I got this during the 30% off sale that Luxasia randomly holds, though so I would feel a wee bit better but no I didn’t. Also, most of the palettes tend to be cool-toned so I find it quite hard to pull off. Turandot is one of the more warm-toned palettes in the family. PS— My face is peeling in the photos because I’m using a skincare product now with retinol and I’m on the ugly trying-to-get-used-to-it mode (peeling, redness, etc). What do you think of this look?

1. August 7, 2013 / 10:18 pm

I love the eye look you created with this, so pretty! I don’t own a Guerlain eyeshadow palette, but one of their perfumes is my very favourite 🙂

• August 8, 2013 / 11:47 pm

Ooh! Which perfume is it? La Petite Robe Noire is one of my favorites!

• August 12, 2013 / 7:25 am

Champs Elysees, it is my very favourite perfume and makes me feel like a million dollars when I wear it 🙂

2. August 7, 2013 / 10:32 pm

Oh wow, your eye make-up is so pretty! and this palette is very pretty too. I don’t own much from Guerlain because of their high price tag~ but i do adore their sophisticated packaging always. This palette comes out quite neutral, which surprised me a little bit because i thought that it would be more purply toned. Regardless, it looks great on you and the colours compliment the skin-tone very well 😀

Thanks for sharing~ i hope you have a lovely day <3

• August 8, 2013 / 11:48 pm

Yes, it is expensive but it makes up for it in quality – at least that’s what I tell myself. LOL
      Thank you Ying!

3. August 7, 2013 / 10:59 pm

oh this is so pretty! I have been wanting to buy the Turandot palette but it is limited in my country, so it is not in the permanent collection T.T
    Love the eye make up you created with this palette 😀

• August 8, 2013 / 11:50 pm

It is limited edition here too and this was actually the last one in the counter I went to – so I grabbed it without any thinking.

4. August 8, 2013 / 12:33 am

I think this looks beautiful on you and much more neutral than I expected. I have their palette too but it’s the one that is more grey/green toned-I must dig it out and have a play!

• August 8, 2013 / 11:52 pm

I made it more neutral than it shouldn’t be! But I’m glad that it can pull off a nude look as I’m very partial to that. When I do want a more adventurous look, it’s great to know that I can play it up.

5. August 8, 2013 / 12:46 am

These shades look so so beautiful!

• August 8, 2013 / 11:52 pm

They are, Shannon!

6. August 8, 2013 / 2:35 am

Your eye makeup is pretty. It looks great on you. The palette is oh so pretty too 🙂
    I’ve always been a fan of Guerlain but they’re so expensive. Ugh 🙁

• August 8, 2013 / 11:53 pm

Onga eh, so expensive! But the 4-color palettes are of great quality, especially when you find a shade that matches your skintone 🙂

7. August 8, 2013 / 3:58 am

Ah, my first luxury palette and still one of my favorites. Great look! I love the matte plummy shade, though I find that I have a hard time wearing the yellow/gold lately.

• August 8, 2013 / 11:55 pm

Turandot is beautiful super! I saw your post on this before yata which is why I think it stuck with me. Saw this last one in Shang and I grabbed it na lang instead of hesitating pa. And yes, medyo hard to pull off the yellow-gold nga.

8. August 8, 2013 / 2:38 pm

Loving the shades. beautiful pick.

9. August 8, 2013 / 9:30 pm

Wow Guerlain!!! I’ve been eyeing on that brand but I find it really expensive. Your eye makeup is great. I love the hues 🙂

• August 8, 2013 / 11:56 pm

Thanks, Genzel!

10. August 10, 2013 / 10:17 am

i lust after this palette so much! i wish i had bought it when it came out last xmas.
    jenn

A Beautiful Zen

11. August 10, 2013 / 9:53 pm

Absolutely love the plum/rosey shades! I’m a big fan of having pinky shades on the lids with brown, its so romantic and pretty!

12. August 15, 2013 / 9:46 pm

Hi Shari, this looks really pretty on you! You made a beautiful look with this & it’s something I’d wear daily for sure! I lost my heart to Guerlain..
    Good luck with the retinol cream.

Isabelle

13. September 4, 2013 / 5:10 pm

Hi Shari! I luv the look you created, very wearable. Would luv to have that palette especially this time of the year! <3 Hmm.. seems like a really good buy, i can see you creating spring/ summer looks with it too 😀 Shari i kept lookin at the lil double G's on the plummy shade..i always have a problem with those things :s like, they're so pretty i don't want them to disappear from getting used up! Ugh… Do you have that problem too? How do you "say goodbye" to those engraved (with other makeup stuff, embossed) details?!

• September 5, 2013 / 10:41 pm

I have that ‘problem’ too! Ahaha! I take photos before using them so I have a memory of how freshly untouched they are 🙂 I even subconsciously avoid the logo area when using the products so they wont be erased easily, hehe! #girlproblems

Kaya I cant find myself to buy a TF lipstick na 2,500 lalo na baka di ko lang gamitin because of this issue!!! Sayang eh, noh. Hehehe so glad im not alone in this sis! Thank you for sharing!!! 🙂