Chanel Le Vernis in Mysterious

Chanel Mysterious is quite a mystery, indeed. The description states that it’s simply a deep khaki green. But I find that it has a tinge of light beige making it quite similar to Chanel Vertigo in terms of murkiness. To be honest, Mysterious reminded me of Grade School Art class memories — that water we use to wash away the paint from the brush that has been dipped into by several colors.

In real life as well as in these photos, I couldn’t see the khaki color unless I look at it long enough that I’ve actually convinced myself I’m seeing it. I do have a slight inclination to dark colors which makes me think I like this more than I should.

Application was a breeze— it went on opaque on first coat, but I applied two coats in these photos. Formula is the great full cream that Chanel does so well. Still on the fence about the color, though. It’s a great alternative to a true black, but I already have Vertigo for that. Or Black Pearl.

For me, among the three shades in the Fall collection— this is the most skippable. I quite like Alchimie because it’s unique. Elixir is an easy shade to like. But Mysterious — still reminds me of a murky watercolor washer. It’s really of great formulation, but the color I’ll revisit in a few months to see if my mind changes about it.

1. August 17, 2013 / 3:23 am

I actually think the shade is quite beautiful and sophisticated!

• August 23, 2013 / 1:31 am

It is indeed sophisticated! 🙂

2. August 17, 2013 / 3:29 am

This looks so chic on you, I think it is a nice alternative to black.

• August 23, 2013 / 1:31 am

Thank you Sara! 🙂 And yes I will use it as an alternative to black.

3. August 17, 2013 / 3:35 am

I’m wearing this one on my toes right now! I really like it. The khaki is indeed super dark, which is probably what I love about it most! It’s really chic and sophisticated, but not harsh. I’ll try these on my hands this weekend.. Judging by your pictures that’ll look amazing too!!

• August 23, 2013 / 1:33 am

Ooooh, I’ll try this on my toes, that’s a good idea. Thanks Isabelle!

4. August 17, 2013 / 2:11 pm

I think this shade is perfect for Fall!

• August 23, 2013 / 1:33 am

Yes indeed!

• August 23, 2013 / 1:34 am

Looks like but not quite 🙂

5. August 18, 2013 / 9:54 pm

I’m sooo drawn to dark shades,I think this looks fab! I’m loyal to my Rouge Noir though! My one and only (so far…) Chanel bottle! 🙂

• August 23, 2013 / 1:35 am

I’m wearing Rouge Noir now! 🙂 Super nice nga. I think you’ll like this too girl. Or maybe Taboo, which is a nice alternative to Rouge Noir pero dark rin!

6. September 4, 2013 / 5:57 pm

I feel kinda weird about this shade Shari :s i had mine before it was out in the malls here, but still haven’t worn it on my nails ..and it’s September. I dunno. i’m encouraged by Shannon’s comment though! You know what, few months back, i was seriously thinking “maybe Shari will compare her Chanel metallics..”, cuz i know you have Peridot and Quartz!! :D. Don’t you think Alchimie is like the daughter of those two? Just a weird nail polish thought! But they’re all uniquely beautiful. =sigh= “problems” men don’t have.

• September 4, 2013 / 6:09 pm

..Now i feel bad for saying i feel weird about this shade. No problem with formulation naman talaga, but maybe i have a problem with dark green on my tips. Sorry Mysterious! I will soon discover how to wear you with joy!..cuz it looks good on you Shari, maganda nga especially with your band on your finger.

• September 5, 2013 / 10:34 pm

I think so too Mari!!! Parang anak nga ni Peridot and Quartz! I shall do a swatch comparison soon – thanks for the suggestion! Planned on doing that but never got around to doing it but now, I’m quite inspired to do so na. 🙂

• September 8, 2013 / 7:32 pm