What’s on my Face Today: 6-Product Look

Minimalism

Tried to do a 5-product face but felt ‘adventurous’ and grabbed an eyeshadow to go with the look so here’s a 6-product face instead. These are my go-to products when I’m running an errand and have to look at least a bit presentable in case I run into anyone I know. Simple, quick and fuss-free. This routine would take less than 5 minutes to put on making it perfect for on-the-go ladies.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

My first foray into tinted moisturizers and I must say I’m quite impressed. It almost has no coverage though, just a slight bit of tint to even the skintone and cover up redness. I use the oil-free version which to be honest, I expected to be less oily than it actually is. It’s not so oily though but don’t expect completely matte-looking finish. However, I like that it gives an ever-so-slight dewiness to the skin.

Diorsnow BB Eye Cream

Recently blogged about the this hereand as I stated, I reach for it regularly. Again, it isn’t heavily pigmented to cover eyebags and puffiness but has amazing brightening properties due to its light-reflecting ingredients. Perfect for a natural, illluminating look.

MAC Lingering

My to-go eyebrow product of choice is this MAC pencil which is so easy to use that even eyebrow newbies like me can perfect sans the mess and hassle that usually comes with ultra-pigmented eyebrow pencils.

Chanel Rose Initiale

For color, I usually grab a pink blush to liven my cheeks up. As of recent weeks, I’ve been loving Chanel Rose Inital — a medium pink blush with a subtle peach sheen. I find it really fitting for a great everyday blush!

Lancome Rouge in Love

For the lips, I am currently on a so-so relationship with Lancome Rouge in Love lipsticks — they’re moisturizing at first without feeling too heavy or icky on the lips but they don’t seem to last long. Pigmentation is a bit sheer – above application took two swipes.

CK Eyeshadow

Lastly, the most skippable part of this routine — eyeshadow. I received the Calvin Klein eyeshadow in as a freebie from my recent online purchase and am not quite impressed with it. I love the midnight plum color but find the eyeshadow formula a bit powdery and not at all buttery. I’ve been spoiled by Urban Decay and Lorac’s eyeshadow formulations too much. CK’s pigmentation is rather sheer but buildable.
PS — Curious to see what’s in my Makeup Bag? ROMILA featured me in her What’s in Her Makeup Bag series — click HERE to check it out!

1. July 22, 2013 / 10:54 am

I love Rose Inital on you!

PS Are the Lancome Rouge in Love super sheer? I really like the packaging haha so I’m tempted to buy one 😛

Thank you for letting me feature you, Shari! xo

• July 24, 2013 / 10:17 am

They’re not super sheer! They’re a bit more pigmented than the MAC Lustres 🙂

2. July 22, 2013 / 12:33 pm

I really want to try the Laura Mercier foundation. Like REALLY. But the mark-up here is so astounding it’s making me run away from it. Gah. I can’t take the plunge yet. 😛 That taupe-y purple is pretty though, wouldn’t mind the dustiness of it as long as the color pay-off’s good.

• July 24, 2013 / 10:19 am

It really is super expensive! I do online shopping most of the time though (through the GCASH-Amex thing) 🙂

3. July 22, 2013 / 3:52 pm

What a well-balanced, fresh face! I hate when people do a sheer face with a bold lip or brow. It just looks bonkers!

• July 24, 2013 / 10:19 am

Aww thank you Tellie 🙂 *blush naman ako lalo* 🙂

4. July 23, 2013 / 1:31 am

Hi Shari! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really love yours too. I’m pretty inept when it comes to makeup and beauty, so I really like reading blogs like yours. Your layout and photos are lovely as well. Will be following you from now on! 🙂

Allie

• July 24, 2013 / 10:20 am

Glad to be of help, Allie! Thanks for stopping by too!!

5. July 23, 2013 / 4:13 am

Very fresh look and still gorgeous! I don’t do eyeshadow for my “need-to-hurry” look. Hahaha! But I never EVER leave the house without my brows done. 🙂

xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

• July 24, 2013 / 10:21 am

Thank you Gellie! I skip eyeshadow too but I wanted to roadtest this one so I grabbed it to go with this look 🙂

6. July 23, 2013 / 8:32 am

You’re so pretty :)) Would love to try Laura Mercier too :)) Hehe :> Just followed your blog :)) Cant wait for your next post 😀

—thestylescraper.blogspot.com

• July 24, 2013 / 10:22 am

Aw thanks Flo!! Babygirl is GREAT!

7. August 1, 2013 / 9:43 am

Fresh, pretty face 🙂

8. August 2, 2013 / 1:50 pm

this looks gorgeous on you! 🙂 I used to love laura mercier tinted moisturizer, but i prefer nars now. for whatever reason, the regular version had more coverage and worked better for me than the oil-free

9. Shara
    August 24, 2013 / 12:42 am

I’ve used Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer (Nude) in the past but it broke me out everytime I use it. It could’ve been an HG material to me (I don’t mind the dewiness since I always set my TM with loose powder). LM is like MAC to me, always the culprit in breaking me out. Their primers too! Shame they make good products pa naman. Must’ve been the Ethylhexyl Palmitate. I’m using NARS TM in Alaska now with no problems at all.

• August 26, 2013 / 9:12 pm

At least you know what ingredient to look out for that breaks you out. I dont have sensitive skin kaya so far, my skin’s been able to take all the gunk I try. Sad that LM products break you out. I actually like a lot of the brand’s products. However!! I like NARS a lot more so yay that it doesnt break you out. When my laura TM runs out, Im planning to buy NARS’ TM! How do you find it?

10. May 26, 2014 / 4:24 pm

I am coveting the Chanel blush right now! looks lovely in your picture! To get or not to get! decisions! 😛

• May 26, 2014 / 4:30 pm