On Caring for Baby Selene : First Take

And just like that.. our baby girl has turned a month old already! A month’s worth of sleepless nights, dirty diapers, round-the-clock breastfeeding, crying spells, innocent giggles, stolen smiles and hearty laughs. Most importantly, it’s been a month of learning no school can ever teach. I’ll be honest and save the magical feelings that we all know and hear when we talk about babies. Of course, it’s a wonderful and magnificent experience, no doubt, maybe the most wonderful of all feelings you can ever feel. But it’s also a lot of hardwork, patience, understanding and sacrifice, which in my opinion, make the experience richer and even more meaningful. I wholeheartedly salute all moms in the world now more than ever because finally I’ve seen and felt how it is to be one, even if I’ve only just begun. On Tough Times. Selene is such a good baby! She only cries when she’s hungry and has really soiled nappies. During the past days though, since she turned a month old, we’ve been experiencing nightly fussiness that keeps her up for almost three hours with crying spells in between. I t’s the toughest time we’ve been through since she was born. We suspect it’s a growth spurt or trouble sleeping but who really knows? My husband calls me crazy for being so obsessive, looking up things online trying to find an answer to every little thing. I didn’t listen, of course. I went on forums, read up on other moms’ experiences, etc. I found it very relieving to know that I wasn’t alone in my confusion, being a first time mom and all. On Other People’s Advice. We’ve observed how our baby girl loves sleeping on Daddy’s or Mommy’s chest, which I find absolutely precious. We hear a lot of critique on this — “She’ll be used to that, don’t spoil her. She won’t be able to sleep if it’s not on your chests. You’ll have a hard time.” Or something to that version. Well, I’m on the part of the spectrum where I think and firmly believe that at this stage, a baby can’t be spoiled yet. It’s a different ball game altogether when she’s in the later months onwards though. So to all moms who hear this crap about spoiling your newborn, don’t even listen. Babies need to be cuddled, hugged and responded to — it’s but natural. On Great Feats. Waking up every 2 hours to breastfeed goes up to my triumphs-in-life cabinet being a deep sleeper pre-pregnant days. I also salute my husband who’s even a deeper sleeper (the world would end and he’d still be sleeping peacefully) but wakes me up when I don’t wake up and skips sleep to soothe baby Selene when she’s having a rough night. As a result of this experience, Enzo and I are even closer than ever. We laugh together, we feel like crying together. There was one time he was changing Selene’s diaper after I had just breastfed her, both of us sleepy almost as if we were robots, when suddenly baby girl drops a wet poopy in a projectile manner! Thankfully, Enzo saved us from a poopy bed as he hasn’t taken out her diaper yet due to his half-awake-half-asleep-sluggishness. That kept us laughing for a good while there. Priceless moments like these I won’t ever exchange for anything else. In summary, I can say the first month has been a wild rollercoaster ride. A whole lot of sugar with a tiny bit of spice which only adds to the flavor of it all. After the jump are a few of her first month birthday photos. First month birthday celebration Birthday dress. This is a 3 – 6 months dress that surprisingly already fits her. Birthday cake. Her second birthday month cake bought for her by Grandma Gigi. It’s a face of a bear with a party hat in front. Birthday (1 month) girl. The princess in her dress!

1. March 5, 2013 / 2:44 pm

aww happy 1 month, baby selene!!! Yes, I agree on the cuddling part. With both my babies, they often sleep next to me or I sleep unconsciously with them in my arms. They sleep better hehe 😀

• March 6, 2013 / 5:07 pm

Awww Im sure its twice the happiness having two handsome babies to cuddle in bed with ava! 🙂

2. March 5, 2013 / 3:22 pm

I can’t believe she’s a month old already!
    This was such a lovely read. Makes me even more excited about the future with my fella ♥ although we need to move out first before thinking about babies **humpf**
    Beautiful pictures 🙂

xo

• March 6, 2013 / 5:08 pm

Thank you Heather! 🙂 Im excited for you too! Good luck to you and your partner!

3. March 5, 2013 / 5:17 pm

You hold the crap out of that baby! They are only that tiny once and they love the snuggles. As I type this my almost 2 month old is snuggled on his daddy’s chest passed out!

The crying is def a growth spurt so just roll with it. Also might be a bit of over stimulation! It gets better. 🙂

• March 6, 2013 / 5:10 pm

Thanks ashley!! Aww love seeing babies passed out on daddy’s chest 🙂 Its really so precious 🙂

4. March 5, 2013 / 5:37 pm

Happy first month Selene! She’s such a darling 🙂

5. March 5, 2013 / 7:32 pm

What a little doll! The picture of her yawning almost killed me! So cute! It sounds like the two of you are going to be (and already are) amazing parents!

• March 6, 2013 / 5:11 pm

Thank you amber! We’re trying to be the best parents we could be 🙂

• March 6, 2013 / 5:12 pm

Grabe she is 🙂 Almost twice her birth size in a month’s time 🙂

6. March 6, 2013 / 2:02 am

aww!happy one month baby selene!yeah-all natural! who wouldn’t be enthuse with that little princess?
    Cheers Mommy Shari!:)

7. March 6, 2013 / 8:09 am

Selene is sooo adorable!! 😀

8. March 6, 2013 / 1:25 pm

ang cute ni baby! sumisilip pa cya sa camera on the 1st shot! (pakipot?) lolz! she look so pretty na just like you! ^_~

• March 8, 2013 / 6:08 am

Haha di yan pakipot, malakas na yan maka-tingin sa camera! Haha. Thanks Janet!!

9. March 6, 2013 / 4:34 pm

awww happy one month 🙂 Nakakatuwa ang ganda nung pagkakawrite up mo 🙂 Congratulations for being a mom as well 🙂

10. March 7, 2013 / 7:46 am

Happy 1st month Baby Selene! She’s adorable!!! You’re right when you said that babies can’t be spoiled. This is your bonding period with the baby so let her br cuddled whenever she wants to!
    I laughed about the poop part! Same thing happened to me and hubby when Yanna was just a few weeks old but the poop projectile hit hubby & the bed. We just had to laugh so hard about it!
    Looking forward to more mommy posts from you 🙂

• March 8, 2013 / 6:07 am

True-la-loo! Your Yanna is sooo cute!! ♥ Grabe nakakagigil siya!

11. March 7, 2013 / 1:01 pm

What cute little baby 😀 And I usually don’t find babies all that adorable to begin with, so that says a lot about your mini me there 🙂

• March 8, 2013 / 6:06 am

Wow thank you! ♥ Appreciate it!

12. March 7, 2013 / 3:39 pm

OMG! Congrats! I am so happy for you! It must have been months since I last visited your blog. I was amazed to see your baby! She’s so cute! :”>

Congrats!

• March 8, 2013 / 6:06 am

Thanks Jacques!! ♥

13. March 9, 2013 / 10:54 am

happy first month selene! enjoy every single moment of her. time flies fast before you know it she will be looking at you saying her first word and calling you momma! glad to heat your bfeeding her she will definitely grow healty and smart. i am exclusively bfeeding my daughter for 1 yr and 1 month already and enjyong the benefits seeing her growing up super close to me. Take care.

Mhine

14. March 13, 2013 / 6:18 am

Agree with you. Babies sleep soundly when you let them sleep on your chest because they feel your heartbeat which resembles the sound inside your tummy. Happy 1 month old baby selene!

-Ning

15. March 14, 2013 / 11:56 am

oh she’s such a cutie!! she’s absolutely adorable, love the picture where she yawns!
    xoxo
    Blusherine

16. March 14, 2013 / 12:39 pm

So cuuuttteeeeee!! Happy one month Selene! 😀

17. May 8, 2013 / 3:29 pm

SHE IS SOOO BEAUTIFUL! and can i just say that i was gonna name my little girl SELENE? i read online that it means moon in Greek and i just adore the moon more than the sun. i didn’t want to name her LUNA (means MOON in latin) since my cousin’s pet cat is named LUNA. HAHAHA! oh my goodness! this post got me really excited 😀

xo,
    toni perfumed red shoes

18. June 5, 2013 / 10:30 am

My only complaint is that I did not realize that these diaperss did not have the stretch in the waist. Otherwise, exactly what it says it is! Plus, free delivery. I was very happy.
    honest diaper reviews