FAVE: MAC Fluidline in Dirty Blonde

If there’s one product, besides lipstick, I can never buy too much of — it would be eyebrow products. Before being the makeup junkie that I am now, I used to overlook my eyebrows. I concentrated on all the other parts of my face except for the one that’s the most important in giving it definition. I browsed through blogs and discovered Browhaus, whose expertise opened me to a whole other level of appreciation for eyebrows. They threaded, dyed and shaped my brows to a shape only I thought celebrities could have. After this wonderful discovery, I went on a hunt to find the best brow friends I could find… I had a penchant for eyebrow pencils at first. They’re easy to use and handy to carry around in your purse (just in case you want to retouch!). I scoured the stores (Beauty Bar, PCX, Rustan’s Essenses, SM Watsons, Landmark) for the best brow pencils. At first I had a hard time finding the right color, given most pencils being offered are way too dark and just ended up making me look like a kontrabida in a teleserye. But after a while, I found my bestfriend in MAC’s Lingering retractable eyebrow pen.   For reference, these are my untamed, unruly and sparse brows that seem to have no shape at all. I haven’t had it professionally tamed for some months either, just a couple of self-plucking moments here and there when I have the time. MAC Fluidline Brow Gel Creme is a long-wearing waterproof gel that I find perfectly creamy, well-pigmented and smooth. It’s my first time to use a gel product (recently only bought a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner as well) and I must say I’m impressed with the consistency. It glides on very smoothly without dragging. As I mentioned, it is quite pigmented so it’s easy to overdo. For those who are newbies in eyebrow shaping, it can be a bit messy and tricky to apply. The technique is to get some of the product, put it on the back of the hand and from there, little by little apply to the brows. It’s best used with a stiff, angled brow brush. MAC 208 is the brush promoted with this collection and I believe it’s the perfect tool to use with it, which is why I didn’t hesitate to purchase it as well. With my current hair color, the shade matched to me was Dirty Blonde. It is described as a soft taupe brown with slightly cool undertones. The two other shades are: Redhead, muted golden brown, which is lighter and warmer than Dirty Blonde and Deep Dark Brunette, rich brunette, which is a dark brown color with warm undertones as well. I couldn’t get the color to show perfectly on my swatch (which I promise I tried my best to) but it’s not as dark as that. What I love the most is it lasted 8 hours one me without budging. The SA who applied it on me said that makeup artists love this as it provides high definition results great for professional use. That is why I won’t recommend this gel creme for eyebrow newbies (those who have never experimented with their eyebrows yet) because you need to exert much more effort than the good ol’ pencil (plus you need to have a really good eyebrow brush to apply this with). I’ve been playing with my eyebrows for quite some time and still found this kind of difficult to perfect. Once you do however, the results will be unparalleled. This is the result of my first foray into the eyebrow gel creme universe and I must say, I’m not looking back. I still carry around my eyebrow pencil for quick touch-ups or for when I’m on-the-go and can’t be bothered to carefully craft these ‘HD’ brows. One of my goals though is to perfect the technique in applying this so I can apply it quickly and even with my eyes closed. In summary, I LOVE this so much I want to hoard on it as it is limited edition and isn’t part of the permanent collection. So to all eyebrow fanatics, rush to your nearest MAC counters now and try this on for yourselves to see what I mean!

1. March 8, 2013 / 4:56 pm

You did a great job filling in your eyebrows! If I tried doing that I would have crooked eyebrows for sure haha!

• March 9, 2013 / 2:03 pm

Really? Thanks! It’s not the most perfect yet but I’m still practicing! Just lots of practice!!

2. March 8, 2013 / 5:49 pm

nice loved it!! ^_~

3. March 9, 2013 / 1:17 am

Looks great!! I definitely recommend Laura Mercier’s eyebrow pencil in Dirty Blonde. 🙂

• March 9, 2013 / 2:01 pm

Googled it and saw great reviews! 🙂 Thanks for the tip!

4. March 9, 2013 / 2:33 am

Oh wow, this looks like an amazing product – I too am always on the lookout for great brow products and recently fell in love with using Maybelline’s Colour Tattoo in Taupe in my brows. Might just have to give this a go, what a shame it’s limited edition!

Shell xx

• March 9, 2013 / 2:03 pm

Great idea to use the Maybelline cream shadow as an eyebrow gel! Im all for dual purpose beauty products!

5. March 9, 2013 / 3:17 am

This looks great on you! Looks like a lovely product! Recently, I started using the Tarte eyebrow mousse, which is similar to a creme or gel and I am absolutely loving it 🙂 Eyebrows are such an important part of the face and probably the most overlooked!

• March 9, 2013 / 2:01 pm

Oh wow didnt know Tarte had an eyebrow mousse! Researching it after this 🙂

6. March 9, 2013 / 1:54 pm

Im sure expensive siya plus un brush pa extra purchase i discovered un k palette 1 day tattoo for filling in sparse eyebrows, i think it’s easier to control as compared to this, pero you did a nice job o your eyebrows here,

7. March 10, 2013 / 11:15 am

This is a fab review, so sad MAC isnt available in davao yet! 🙁
    By the way, love ur blog, im a young mommy too!

xoxo
    THE SUNKISSED VIXEN

8. March 11, 2013 / 1:41 am

Hi Misty Mom,

You’re a one fine woman momma! I salute you for not letting go of your vainness despite having a baby around. Me I’m so poor on this part of being a woman. You inspired me. Thanks a lot

9. March 11, 2013 / 2:07 am

I’m a MAC addict and got this shade too! its amazing that its a constant on my make-up kit.
    btw hun, long time I havent visited, congratulations on your lovely little angel. i really admire you’re able to manage blogging & motherhood at the same time 🙂

10. March 11, 2013 / 1:07 pm

I LOVE brow products! Currently loving Anastasia brow wiz.

Jo x amomentwithjo

11. March 14, 2013 / 9:13 pm

Got grab myself one of these. Ganda pala ng brow gel, I’ve only used brow powders and pencils.

Pero parang wala silang light grey based on your account, Might check out other brands.

12. March 14, 2013 / 9:20 pm

PS. It seems to coat the hairs din. Really nice.

13. March 15, 2013 / 12:08 pm

It looks good! Haven’t tried eyebrow kits that are cream based yet but they give a very natural look i must give it a try! 🙂

14. July 15, 2016 / 2:57 pm

MAC Veluxe Brow Collection post is really nice to see and you have great story which is nice to see here keep doing well and you have done good work on this post…to know more about anti ageing vitamin E cream click on that