First Ever Glamour Box Philippines

Guess what arrived at our doorstep this afternoon — the first ever Glamourbox Philippines! I haven’t seen any posts regarding this yet so I was super ecstatic to find out what’s inside the season opener of this beauty box. I had high expectations as its branding and marketing have been so impressive, stating how their loot comes from all over the globe! Of course, who wouldn’t be intrigued by this? So did the box meet my expectations? Succeeded? Or failed? Hmmm..

The box contains a total of nine products ranging from perfume, skin care and makeup. From that alone, I can say that it is an average amount of items and within the range of what I expected. However, the percentage of perfume included in this box is ridiculous. Of nine products, almost half are just vials of perfume and two of them are for men! So in that aspect, I am disappointed. The four perfumes are: Bulgari Omnia Amethyste, Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua (from the BDJ box too!), Bulgari Man and  Burberry Sport.

For skin care, the beauty box has these two/three interesting products:

Yves Rocher Slimming Action Concentrate — a slimming solution said to have the power of Green Coffee for smoothing and toning (as well as combating cellulite). Hmm, perfect for when I (hopefully and crossing my fingers I don’t) get stretchmarks from pregnancy!

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Balancing Softener (to be used with Benefiance Pop-up Mask— an anti aging lotion and 10 pieces of treatment sheet masks that encourages skin’s natural recovery function providing it with moisture and helping improve its texture. These two are to be used together, as per instruction. As I said in previous posts, I’m very iffy about anti-aging treatments but since I’m not so young anymore, might as well get into trying everything I can! These two are my favorite products in the box!

For makeup, Glamour Box introduces two never-heard-of brands to my beauty bin with these products:

Eye of Horus Mascara — strengthening and lengthening mascara from an Australian brand. My second favorite next to the Shiseido products. Can’t wait to try it out.

Ofra Cosmetics Lipstick Palette —a set of clear, light pink, dark pink, burgundy, orange tone, light brown and dark brown shades of lipstick shades from an American brand. Not too excited about the colors as they aren’t usually shades I would use.Overall, I am so-so with this subscription box. I like the skin care and makeup but put off with the amount of perfume samples! I also praise that it has two makeup products, as compared to BDJ’s none at all. But I’m scared to get more perfume vials next month —as I can get those samples for free in Rustan’s counters! I guess I just expected more from this box and it paled in comparison to those probably too high expectations. Suffice it to say, I cancelled my supposedly recurring monthly subscription to this and will have to wait and see if the next one is worth getting. However, for those who like perfumes and don’t mind that, this is a great box to subscribe to.

1. November 10, 2012 / 6:30 pm

looks lovely 🙂

2. November 10, 2012 / 6:40 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. November 10, 2012 / 6:42 pm

I finally saw the glamourbox.. They are actually good, I was just wondering bakit me pang guy na scent eh alam namang girl yung nag subscribe or maybe it was just really an add on since dapat 4-6 lang talaga yung products sa box.. I think I might subscribe to BDJ and Glamourbox 🙂

-eyahnism

4. November 10, 2012 / 8:08 pm

Nice box!!! thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you with GFC now!
    Want us to follow by Bloglovin and facebook? let me know…
    Have a wonderful weekend!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

5. November 10, 2012 / 9:05 pm

Thanks for the comment! Beauty boxes always look like so much fun! I may need to sign up for one soon =)

xo Katie
    bewitchinghourblog.blogspot.com

6. November 10, 2012 / 9:23 pm

i see! thanks for sharing this dear! really appreciate it 😉 now i know what glamour box have..however, I’m already subscribed to BDJ and thinking if I’ll subscribe with Glamour box…yeah the perfume samples are a bit off..but I like that they gave 2 cosmetics 😀

7. November 10, 2012 / 11:54 pm

interesting! i’d hate to get so many perfume samples … and especially ones i can’t use myself!
    what is the item in between the Shiseido and the Yves Rocher? is that candy? haha
    it’s too bad the first box was not amazing… are there other Philippine beauty boxes?

8. November 11, 2012 / 12:09 am

9 products and two cosmetics! Wow! Now I think i favor this more than the bdj box but yeah, the perfume isn’t something one can be excited about.

9. November 11, 2012 / 4:19 am

In fairness, may laman na makeup! That’s the way it should be naman talaga, subscription boxes in other countries has all makeup and none of those garnier sachets. Haha 🙂

10. November 11, 2012 / 4:57 am

New follower 🙂 I tried a few of these monthly subscription boxes but was overall not impressed so I rather save the money and spend on something I actually want to buy

11. November 11, 2012 / 6:41 am

New follower here.

I got the same exact items in my Glamourbox. I didn’t get the perfume samples as well, but I have no complaints. Love your photos and love the review

12. November 11, 2012 / 12:45 pm

I really like that lipstick palette. I need to sign up to some of these boxes!!
    LaceyLoves x

13. November 11, 2012 / 5:34 pm

I’m over these subscription boxes for the most part, but you photograph them so beautifully!

14. November 11, 2012 / 5:36 pm

Hı dear ı like your blog and ı joın it pls joın my blog too
    Kisses

15. November 11, 2012 / 6:33 pm

nice items, i like them :)<3

16. November 11, 2012 / 7:21 pm

Wow, crazy amount of perfumes! I didn’t even know Bulgari did perfumes :O What’s it like?

17. November 11, 2012 / 10:03 pm

Thanks for leaving me a sweet comment!
    I love boxes like this, however they should let loose of the perfume samples indeed..fingers crossed for next month 😉

Love, Denise

18. November 11, 2012 / 11:37 pm

Hi beautiful, first of all, let me tell you I’m deeply impressed by the design of your blog, it’s simply gorgeous!
    and now, I’ve heard a lot about the glamour box, and everybody (in Spain) tells me that the amount of parfum is disappointing too, so in that sense I agree with you. great review btw!
    pd: I would be so thankful if you could leave a comment on the newest post of my blog, I need it to win a competition held by Benefit Cosmetics! xx

19. November 12, 2012 / 1:44 am

thanks for sharing sis! I’ve been searching for unboxing of glamourbox but couldn’t find any, super thankful for posting this! at least may idea na ko but same with you I expected much more. I guess its better not to give high hopes as we’ll only be disappointed~

20. November 12, 2012 / 4:02 am

your blog is absolutely delightful! so glad i found my way here. congrats on your little bundle that’s soon to arrive! let’s follow each other! xx

21. November 12, 2012 / 4:53 am

whoa, you got a lot of stuff in this!! i love all these box things that have been popular lately, i just started the glambox, and i love it, i’ve only gotten it last month, but i got some great stuff!

22. November 13, 2012 / 8:38 am

I subscribed with the BDJ Box and I am thinking of subscribing with the Glamour Box also. :> I keep my fingers cross that they loosen up with those perfume samples… My mom’s asking me do I get my money’s worth? :))

Written a post about BDJ Box.

23. November 14, 2012 / 5:17 am

I’m not really a makeup or skin care OR perfume fan. But the idea isa interesting. SO next month, you’ll have a different set of samples right?

24. November 14, 2012 / 1:04 pm

I’m obsessed with perfumes! This might be a great subscription box for me. 😀
    I always visit your blog and wonder why I don’t see your new posts on my dahsboard. Estuped me, I didn’t click the follow button. Hahahahahaha Following you now…officially! :))

~Elle

25. November 30, 2012 / 4:12 am

I got the same products in my Glamourbox 🙂 The Shiseido sample and Eye of Horus are probably the best things that came in the box. Just my opinion 🙂

26. December 2, 2012 / 4:05 am

I just stumbled across your blog and I really enjoyed reading your post. I’m a new follower 🙂

I love the layout of your blog as well. Did you make it youself?

I’m such a beauty subscription junkie, thankfully Canada has more than 5 variations now. They’re so fun to get! Like little presents in the mail every month. Thanks for sharing this with us. I love seeing what other countries get!

Samantha
    Nailartcouture

27. December 6, 2012 / 5:07 am

Thanks for the honest review! This has curbed my lemming for Glamourbox. I too am puzzled by the number of perfume samples.

28. December 23, 2012 / 6:24 pm

Got my december box already. It had 2 vials of issey miyaki perfume, obagi cleanser, vmv lipstick, skin food toner and moisturizer, rosewater mist, and discount cards from obagi and vmv. A tiny bit disappointed.

29. January 24, 2013 / 11:06 am

How much is a month’s subscription?

30. yna sue
    March 5, 2014 / 2:36 am

how do I subscribe from the glamourbox?