You See Me Strollin’

One random day, as random as any day gets for my pregnant, unemployed, spontaneous self — darling hubs asked that we take a stroll in Serendra High Street just so I could get some exercise. Yes, don’t be surprised that this random stroll happened at night, around 9:30 PM, as both our body clocks are programmed like Edward Cullen’s. We sleep so late (me because of my pregnancy insomnia) that the earliest we rise is at noon already!
Top, Forever 21; Skirt, Bangkok; Flats, Trunkshow; Bag, Lady Rustan; Necklace, Jhajing
We walked into a Canon store to browse through the newest SLR cameras — operative word: BROWSE. So the store supervisor/head salesman showed us their latest product, the EOS 650D. I wasn’t listening intently to his spiel because I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with SLRs. I only borrowed my dad’s and sister’s cams for the photos in this blog because owning one, I never really seriously considered. I was happy with the Lumix camera Enzo gave me for Christmas last year — which I haven’t really used as often as he thought I would.
 So imagine my surprise when the hubs suddenly lit up after the sales pitch of Manong Salesman and turned to me saying, “Tara, let’s get this!Teka lang, one minute, pwede bang paki ulit? First, dear darling husband hates taking photos. Second, he detests the thought of lugging around a bulky camera wherever we go (for when we travel or go out, etc). Third, we just spent for a trip to Bangkok, time to save up muna ulit since it hasn’t even been a month. Surely, this camera was another huge expenditure on our list so parang — hello? What’s happening my love?
But after my own spiel on why we shouldn’t be purchasing this beautiful piece of photography goodness (not now, at least)— we both finally agreed on getting it after he convinced me that it will be an investment. Yes, that word I often repeated probably 100x to myself when I wanted to buy a pair of heels or a new makeup product I didn’t exactly need but wanted so bad. However, this one was 15x that! I told him he’d better put up a photography + videography business if he finds himself investing more on this new ‘hobby’ as he calls it.

We didn’t buy the kit lens that came with it though, we bought an 18-200mm lens to match our new toy instead. And although I was hesitant on getting this new camera, I can’t hide the fact that I’m ecstatic to hopefully having better photos for this blog now that darling hubs is feeling the photography bug (operative word: hopefully!!). Moreover, I can’t wait to take photos of our dear darling daughter when she joins us next year — 3 months to master and learn new skills with this gadget!
On a completely different note — my Face of the Day will entail another post. For this look I have posted, I used all my new makeup that I bought from Bangkok! Wait for that, I shall post it before the end of this week. Ta-ta for now!

1. October 16, 2012 / 7:37 pm

You are a very blessed to have your hubby. And to also have you. Of course, not the 650D stuffs and all that. It’s just that I, as a girlfriend, really appreciate when boyfie still has his “let’s go dating” moments with me. We’re 4 years now but andun pa rin ung dating stage. How much more of you na pregger na and I remember your post na effort si hubby for your late night cravings. No wonder you don’t look stress at all during these pregnant days. At parehas tayong late na matulog or should we say, before dawn matulog? And to wait for Mr. sleep, I’m blog hopping here in your bloggey.
    Anyway, goodluck to your hubby. Boyfie’s using Canon as well and mostly my photos in my blog are taken by him.

2. October 16, 2012 / 8:11 pm

Cute pictures!! 🙂

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would love to follow each other!! I didn’t see how you followed me. Let me know and I can follow you back!

xo – Sheila

3. October 17, 2012 / 12:33 am

awww, you look so cute and perky ^_~

4. October 17, 2012 / 1:48 am

ganda mo rin sis. di halatang mommy na. cute layout. 🙂

5. October 17, 2012 / 5:02 am

Thank you so much for letting me know!! I’m following you back now. Idk why I haven’t gone it already!

Keep in touch my dear. 🙂

xo – Sheila

6. October 17, 2012 / 5:36 am

Your blog looks really great and I’m beginning to like it just by reading this post! Congrats on your new camera, I’m sure you’ll enjoy using it. I bought a Canon 60D 2 months ago and I’m soooooo happy with it 🙂

Gia @ Lovely Serendipity

7. October 17, 2012 / 7:33 am

you are absolutely gorgeous! haha i hope im a yummy mummy like you in the future xo

8. October 17, 2012 / 8:05 am

Hehe na amaze ako sa outfit mo Ms.Shari, pero it really made me laugh sa line mo na mala “Parokya ni Edgar”. hahahaha. Funny. You still look so blooming. Parang mas muka pa akong mommy sayo. hehehe Believe it or not, I haven’t experienced using SLR camera’s.LOL Since we can’t afford one, pinagtsatsagaan ko na yung kakarag karag kong DG Cam from Canon din. For the sake of blogging lang talaga. But I think a need a new one na. Anyways, excited for the makeup review! Take care!
    Pretty Thrifty

9. October 17, 2012 / 8:37 am

Hey Shari! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love the overall look of yours. 🙂 You look very pretty even with the wacky look! I think your hubby is right, the cam is an investment!

Diwata
    Join the Dark Shadows BluRay Giveaway

10. October 17, 2012 / 11:40 am

I’ve always preferred digicams over SLRs because they’re so bulky! Kailangan pa pagaralan to maximize the features unlike digicams, fool-proof! But then again, SLRs capture better. Especially macro shots. Excited for your Bangkok makeup review.

-Iya

11. October 17, 2012 / 8:22 pm

Oh my gosh, you guys are impulsive! Hahaha! 🙂 But I’m sure you’ll be needing/wanting one when the baby comes!

xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

12. October 17, 2012 / 11:57 pm

So pretty, Shari! And wow, 650D! It is an investment indeed! Excited to see photos of you with the new camera. =)

13. October 18, 2012 / 12:53 am

Wow! Impulsive buying at its finest! Haha. But I have to agree, it’s an investementm memories and milestones of your baby will be captured better. Although SLR is bulky, nobody can deny the fact that it captures real good photos!

14. October 18, 2012 / 1:15 pm

yehey for the wonderful camera. I’m sure you’ll be a test subject for your hubby. His exclusive model! Haha.

xx, Grysh

15. October 18, 2012 / 1:37 pm

Wow! You’re are a gorgeous mom! U look so fresh as a mom! Great post too! Im loving your blog. Im now following you..would u mind following back??

xoxo

epitomeoffeminineallure.blogspot.com

16. October 18, 2012 / 2:49 pm

Hello Shari! You’re a gorgeous mom-to-be! 🙂 That cam is indeed an investment. I’ve been wanting one for a long time now, but for now I have my trusty digicam with me for blogging.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I followed you back. 🙂

17. October 18, 2012 / 4:22 pm

Niiice! i’m so inggit with your new cam.. err i mean you and your hubby’s new cam! 🙂 I’m sure it will be of great use once your baby’s out. looking forward to seeing baby photos soon! 🙂

Love,
    Dress Me Up Buttercup

18. October 21, 2012 / 2:30 am

Ang cute mong preggy. Still so fashionable. Goodluck and Congrats in advance! =) Stay pretty, happy and healthy!

19. October 25, 2012 / 7:17 am

wow! you have a great blog!!! It’s an honor to be one of your followers :)) btw…I thank you for appreciating my blog thank you very much. much Love,
    Izza A.

20. October 25, 2012 / 4:19 pm

wowww I do lie your Blog too!!! I feel like I am reading a magazine ….make me travel!!!! xoxo

21. November 7, 2012 / 9:34 am

I’ve been meaning to purchase a dslr >.< thanks for this post! ^^ You look really cute there! ^^