Little Secret: Cathy Doll Water Splash Essence

One of my favorite beauty stores during our trip to Bangkok is Karmart. It’s a Korean beauty store that houses different Korean products at a relatively cheap price! I spent an hour or so in total going into Karmart stores and kiosks wherever I could find them —side streets, metro station stops, etc. Their store design screams MAKEUP! with all the pinkness and cute cartoon characters which will make it kinda hard to miss. Because of this, I can’t wait for a Korean invasion soon. I heard every street corner has a cosmetic shop as if it were a Mcdonald’s or a Starbucks!

Aside from what I’ve shared earlier which is the Eyebrow Tint in Hazelnut (I got one in dark chocolate too! You can see those two on the photo above, corner left), I picked up another nifty product — Cathy Doll Water Splash Essence. From the packaging below, you can see it says “quick step whitening / water splash essence with L-glutathione”. I wasn’t at all interested in this at first sight as I typically shy away from whitening creams and any glutathione-labelled products. However, upon asking Karmart ladies for their bestsellers — all of them would always point to this! And after numerous visits to Karmart stores all over, I finally tested the product!

…and thankfully so! Cathy Doll Water Splash Essence with L-glutathione is an instant whitening cream that can be used alone or as a primer or base for your makeup. It is a very lightweight cream, almost foamy in texture, that is easily absorbed into the skin leaving you with a fairer complexion that won’t make you look like a ghost or an espasol, as well as a dewy finish accompanied by a truly refreshing feeling. Unlike the BB cream which ranges from medium – heavy in coverage, this product only serves to brighten up your complexion and give you a whiter, radiant glow, which if you aren’t having a bad skin day, could be all that you need for everyday use!
The magic happens in two simple and easy steps – apply the essence to your face, rub in circular motion until you see droplets of water and continue to spread it across your face until it dries up and gets completely absorbed by your skin. All throughout the day, it really leaves on a light feeling without any major oil control issues (I’m a combination skin), especially when I’m just indoors / in air-conditioning. I love using this with just loose powder on top and a cheek and lip stain. Sometimes, I just even use this alone and I’m good to go.

The only downside — I’ve worn this regularly in the past month and although the product seems like a lot in the tube, it really has lots of air in it as well so during my fifth or sixth use, I could feel like there’s very little left. I finished a tube in three weeks with use every two days or so. I only bought 3 bottles so I’m regretting not hoarding a lot of this from Bangkok!
To see how this looks like on me, check it out after the jump below!

Check out the instant whitening effect! I couldn’t believe it either but it’s really effective. I am amazed 🙂

Rating: B+
For a whitening product, it really delivers its promise.
Of course, coverage isn’t its function so I didn’t rate it as a BB cream nor a foundation.
The only downside to this instant whitening cream/foam is its deceiving amount.
There is very little in one 30g tube.

1. October 28, 2012 / 9:20 am

The packaging looks soo adorable! It whitens pretty well 🙂 You’re so lucky you’re going to Korea!

2. October 28, 2012 / 9:21 am

Hi! This whitening product looks very etude house-ish!

You dropped by my blog, i found yours nice too so i followed back hehe x

Might want to join my giveaway?

Win P1000GC from Asian Vogue

3. October 28, 2012 / 11:25 am

One thing that I love about Korean beauty products is their gorgeous packaging! Too bad you only bought three. I want to go back to Bangkok tuloy! Thid time, without tour package, para I can roam around the city na talaga!

4. October 28, 2012 / 1:27 pm

Great blog!! 🙂

Love,
    Alicia

leeshionable.blogspot.de

5. October 28, 2012 / 2:16 pm

The packaging is so cute! o: I’ve actually never heard of this brand before, until now, so thank you for sharing this! c: Definitely checking it out if I see it~

It’s a shame that it doesn’t last you very long though. :c

6. October 28, 2012 / 3:21 pm

Oh, so sweet! 🙂 thank you so much for following! 🙂 as fast as i can i follow you, too, but at the moment i just can blog with mobile phone and i don’t know where the following button is here. Lots of love! Ntlkhlmrgn<3

7. October 28, 2012 / 4:27 pm

Agh, I remember seeing Karmart around Bangkok! In the recent years, they’ve really increased the amount of Korean products they sell around the city 🙂
    I totally thought you were reviewing a cleanser from the name, but that cream actually turned out quite nice on your skin!

-Monica

8. October 28, 2012 / 4:36 pm

I adore the packaging, but if it has heaps of air inside that’s not cool. Also it will effect how long the product latest, that’s why I prefer pumps as they let less air in. Still it’s mega cute! x

9. October 28, 2012 / 10:14 pm

Oh, looks great on you o: <3
    I wanna test out Korean or in general Asian cosmetics so bad… <3

♥♥♥

10. October 28, 2012 / 10:35 pm

Super cute packaging~ wish I had access to Korean products >,< they always have the most awesome stuff<3 xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

11. October 28, 2012 / 10:53 pm

oh how fun I really liked this! I wish that we had this store in America! But we don’t ;( oh well I really liked this post…I really like this blog and I am following you now!! I hope you follow me back!
    I read your bio and saw that you were expecting a baby girl!!! that is the most exciting thing! Congratulations!!!
    I am so happy for you!
    have a wonderful day!!

~Morgan

shortsleevedpants.com

12. October 29, 2012 / 2:17 am

it does whiten in an instant as seen in your photo! amazing! 🙂

13. October 29, 2012 / 7:41 am

Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog.. 🙂 Following you now! Kisses from VV!!

14. October 29, 2012 / 9:20 am

Amazing post!

2 words.. LOVE IT!

Love,

Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.com

15. October 29, 2012 / 1:00 pm

These makeup products look amazing. I’ve never heard of this brand before, thanks for sharing this with us. Your blog is so adorable – I can tell that you’re a very proud expectant mummy, which is so cute! Wish you and your lovely baby the best of health and happiness. Your blog is so colorful and pretty, I’m obsessed. Have followed you! Take care 🙂 x

♡, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

16. October 29, 2012 / 1:14 pm

Wow that store looks so cute I’d die if I saw one hehe.
    You’re so cute & that product looks amazing on your skin.
    Thanks for commenting & following, doing the same 🙂
    x

17. October 29, 2012 / 2:10 pm

great blog!
    I am following you now, dear ♥
    I’ll be appreciate if you wanna follow me back

kisses ♥

18. October 29, 2012 / 3:41 pm

That’s so cool! I wish we stores like these in MN!!! This product doesn’t interest me much because but I would still love to go to a store like this someday!!!

19. October 29, 2012 / 3:45 pm

The packaging so pretty and pink 🙂

You’ve got a new follower! I love your blog!

20. November 5, 2012 / 6:26 am

I haven’t heard of this brand before!!

I love the packaging, SO PINK!!!! Thanks for introducing it to me. 😀 I’m so curious now, I want to try it!

21. May 5, 2013 / 3:49 am

It could make ur face white 4ever? Im noticing all Cathy procducts so thanks for ur sharing? Have u try Cathday whitening cream

• September 21, 2013 / 10:06 pm

As of my observation, it’s not permanent. When you wash off, the whitening effect also comes off. I haven’t tried it longer than a month, though, so I can’t confirm long-term effects.

• Treasue Rere
      February 10, 2015 / 12:05 pm

i have seen a review in youtube that she has been using the cathy doll whitening sunscreen for over 2 months on her left arm but the other arm is left unapplied. she showed both arms and the left arm is 2 tone lighter even when it’s not yet applied. and it became more lighter when she add another application to the left. so i’d say, since it has very high spf it most likely whitened due to zero uv rays for a period of 2 months.

22. anastasia
    August 21, 2013 / 4:22 pm

does it have a whitening permanent effect even if you don’t use it anymore?

• August 21, 2013 / 4:24 pm

Hi dear, i’m afraid it doesn’t. It only whitens when you wear it. 🙂

23. Tomok Tommy
    November 9, 2013 / 9:51 pm

Hai guys do visit tomoktommy.blogspot.com for Cathy Doll products and lace materials. Thanks.

24. missquinn
    April 26, 2014 / 12:05 pm

Hi! I was wondering if the other products of Cathy Doll safe? Cause I can’t seem to find reviews online about have effective or safe they are aside from video reviews which are obviously sponsored or something. Thanks.

25. U Zaw Win
    July 12, 2016 / 6:22 pm

Can use for men ?please answer me.