Bangkok Shopping Galore

Left: MBK Shopping Mall on the right (cut) Right: One of the main roads in Bangkok To start things off, I just want to share that shopping in Bangkok can be for anyone! They have so many different kinds of shopping experiences catered to different markets. I’ll take you through all these different experiences in this post. So if you plan on visiting the Sin City of Southeast Asia soon, do take note! I personally researched and read up on almost ALL the malls and shopping areas to go to so as not to waste time on those not worth going. Read on to see my shopping adventure! First up, one destination mall in Bangkok is MBK Centre, pictured on the left side of the photo. It is filled with small stores and stalls that sell clothes, electronics, you name it! Para siyang Greenhills Shoppesville on a larger scale, like 10x more! For me, this is a skippable mall – we only went here because they had makeup stores that I wouldn’t be able to find in the other places we planned to visit. On the right side of the photo is Bangkok’s biggest mall, Central World. It is filled with high street Thai brands as well as international brands like my favorites Straparius, Pull & Bear, Bershka! For me, Central World is a NICE TO SEE mall if you have extra time but a MUST GO if you are a big fan of the abovementioned brands! So chaka my slipperz! I had to change into take note – MY HUSBAND’S FLIP FLOPS because my feet were literally DEADERZ already! I was wearing gray ballet flats prior to this but sobrang manhid na ng paa ko na masakit na siya at di na nakakatuwa! I didn’t shop for anything in my favorite shops above because prior to this visit, we’ve already been to the markets you’ll see below – where the styles are almost the same yet the prices are 10x cheaper! So of course, my economical self kicked in and resisted temptation. These outdoor stalls are foreshadowing of what’s to come inside the mall where it is situated infront of – Platinum Fashion Mall. This is a MUST GO if you are on a budget yet still looking for quality pieces of clothing. 6 floors of ultimate fashion heaven! I was expecting that the clothes will be of those found in Greenhills and where you’ll see the same stalls and clothes over and over again but I was mistaken. Every stall is different and the items are of great quality – what I can compare them to are some shops in the Archaeology section of Powerplant Mall. 6 floors of women’s clothing and spanning two zones – from the basement till 5th floor! The 6th floor is the food court area where they actually serve great yet very affordable food! Before conquering the floors – we decided to eat first. On to the 6th floor with a fresh roast duck meal costing only approximately Php100. Check out the photos above to see the layout of Platinum Mall! One day is NOT ENOUGH to see this entire haven of clothing so I suggest start early. Above is another favorite of mine – Pratunam Day Market (as there also is a Pratunam Night Market but I’m not a fan of). This is where some of the items in Platinum Mall are sourced at a wholesale price (their wholesale is 3 pieces, some stalls allow you to mix items while some don’t). This is where I lost it! I thought I lost it in Platinum but Pratunam was a whole other level – my husband even left me to shop alone as my pace was too fast and too furious! After the shopping was a much needed Thai Iced Milk Tea break! I absolutely love Thai milk tea.

This was Day 1 loot!

Sorry for the late post – I had doctor checkups and errands all week! Thank you for all the comments on the last post! Will get back to all of it – as well as your emails – one by one as soon as I can!

1. October 11, 2012 / 9:36 am

oh bangkok is such a shopping heaven!! I’m jealous *___*
    Btw, you look so pretty!!
    xx

2. October 11, 2012 / 9:18 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

3. October 11, 2012 / 9:19 pm

I envy you. The last time I went there to shop was June 2011 pa. 🙁

4. October 11, 2012 / 11:41 pm

Look at all those cars! Traffic jam.
    These pictures are great! I got a glimpse of your shopping experience in Bangkok. Lol

xx

5. October 12, 2012 / 3:23 am

So Thailand is indeed the place to go to for bargain shopping. My mom has been convincing me to go, but I’m hesitating…especially after watching National Geographic’s Scam City. Haha! But this is a little convincing.

Abi

6. October 12, 2012 / 4:13 am

Umazing shopping paradise!! I didn’t see Shibuya last time I went there! I should really visit there again! Great pics and you look LOVELY! ^_~

7. October 12, 2012 / 11:02 pm

looks so much fun shopping at Bangkok, i want to visit soon! 🙂 hope you had a great time shopping everywhere. XO

8. October 13, 2012 / 12:54 pm

looks like you had a blast! 🙂

coleenspeaks.blogspot.com

9. October 16, 2012 / 7:50 pm

pretty mom:) thanks for your comment “) nice blog

10. October 17, 2012 / 4:58 am

going there this november! soo excited! any tips? 😉

xx, Nix

11. October 20, 2012 / 3:14 am

Glad you had fun shopping. You look great!

12. October 20, 2012 / 3:14 am

Glad you had fun shopping. You look great!

13. October 24, 2012 / 6:21 am

Hello…nice to meet you. oh how you make me miss Thailand and I just went to see my family in April… not much shopping though. Next time try Siam Square and Chatuchuk market too. If you are into anything vintage try Suan Rod Fai behind Chatuchuk market open at night on the weekend. If you need any info about Thailand, feel free to ask away. x Bunny

14. November 4, 2012 / 1:09 am

I love shopping in Bangkok.
    My favourite has to be Platinum though.
    This post makes me really miss Thailand. The shops there are just so much better.

xx

15. November 19, 2012 / 8:12 pm

Ahh this reminds me of my trip to Thailand. Wish I knew about the Pratunam Market and the Platinum Mall. My favourites were Siam Square market and Terminal 21 🙂

16. December 2, 2012 / 3:13 am

Wow! Looks like you had a great time! Me and mom will fly to Bangkok this week hopefully! Thanks for posting this.

17. December 4, 2012 / 8:10 pm

WOW! I’ve never been to Thailand and seems this place is heaven to someone like me.

18. January 31, 2013 / 6:37 pm

I miss BKK! Ultimate shopping paradise!!! I love platinum mall 🙂 Looks like you had fun

19. March 14, 2013 / 11:51 am

Oh what a lovely post! My favorite mall was Siam Discovery Center because of the MAC store there :-)) When I was there, the Hello Kitty Collection had just come out and I REALLY REALLY needed to find a MAC store. If you’re curious, I wrote about it a little bit here:

xoxo
    Blusherine

20. Anonymous
    April 15, 2013 / 1:04 pm

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz reply as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

Feel free to visit my web page: diet plans

21. June 13, 2013 / 5:05 pm

Hi, I do not trust the “famous sellers” now, I really prefer to buy everything from Thailand now, this is where I buy my stuff, for $20 “Personal Shopper Bangkok” (Google it I don’t have the exact link) will go shopping for you (anything), cheap and good, I would love to find the same cheap service in Paris or New York !!!