Half the Journey

I’ve reached the half of my pregnancy already – 20 weeks and counting! It has been a rollercoaster of emotions throughout those past 5 months and may I share how truly amazed I am at a woman’s body! All the changes it undergoes throughout the past 9 months is unlike any other change a human body could ever experience.

The first trimester was definitely the hardest for me so far. I had the infamous morning sickness that I didn’t experience in the morning – but all day and all night. The feeling was not something you could get used to – a metallic taste stuck on your taste buds that when food touches your tongue, you feel the need to throw up instantly. Even just thinking of food or seeing billboards of food upset my stomach and made me gag right then and there. It was terrible! I lost weight in those three months instead of gaining at least 2-3 lbs per month.

However, as my wedding day approached (14th week onward), thank goodness the dreaded sickness gradually went away. My appetite was back on track, no more fainting spells, not so much metallic taste that I could finally eat decently compared to the past weeks!

Speaking of which, I can’t wait to share some of my wedding photos with you all. It was truly one of the best days of my life celebrating love, laughter, life with my husband and I’s families, friends and loved ones – all planned in just one month

I also have to commend my dear darling for being the groomzilla as I was drowning in morning sickness and drained energy throughout the major steps of the wedding planning. I had my inputs and comments on the overall plan and most of the details, but he had the major hand in almost everything. They say the devil is in the details and every little detail my husband definitely thought about, planned and executed down to the number of stones piled up on the corner of a walkway. I was officially the luckiest bride-to-be in the world!

Forever 21 printed top, SM harem pants, Aerosoles sandals

So do watch out for my next posts as I may be posting my better-than-I-could-ever-dream-of wedding photos soon!
On another note, here I am at 20 weeks with another printed top and one of the very few pants that could still fit me. I know my hair needs some serious roots coloring but sadly, I don’t want to risk any chemicals affecting our baby girl. So I’m sorry hair, but you have to be in trend ombre yourself till I give birth!

Ta-ta for now! Thanks for all the comments regarding the last entry! I appreciate all the love! ♥

1. September 12, 2012 / 9:12 am

You don’t look pregnant at all! Pretty! <3

2. September 12, 2012 / 9:36 am

I agree, you don’t look preggy here!:) Funny how dresses make us look preggy more than pants =P Love your top, shari!:)

Morning or all day sickness is the worst. 🙁 I never had it with my first baby, so when I experienced it now with my second, i found it unbearable as well 🙁 But glad you’re back in shape!:) Stay healthy!

3. September 12, 2012 / 9:38 am

You don’t look preggy at all! You’re so pretty. Love the outfit too.

4. September 12, 2012 / 10:18 am

You’re such a pretty preggy! I don’t know anything about pregnancy but I’m wishing you a healthy one. 🙂

Glacey
    makeupbyglacey.blogspot.com

5. September 12, 2012 / 2:44 pm

thank you for that sweet comment 🙂 you don’t look pregnant, you’re pretty and stylish! 🙂

6. September 12, 2012 / 3:46 pm

Mine was also terrible! Ice chips will lessen morning sickness, works for me :)) feel ko nakakabusog na yung ice. Hahah! Can’t wait for your wedding photos! I was 6 month-prego bride last january. Luckily parang pang 3 months lang tyan ko, bub was really cooperative during that time :)))

7. September 12, 2012 / 11:12 pm

You are just glowing! You look so pretty! This aztec top is so cute. And of course, congratulations to you and your husband! Best wishes! 🙂

beautythursday.blogspot.com

8. September 13, 2012 / 2:34 am

Such a lovely mom-to-be! Congrats! Can’t wait for the wedding pics! Weee! That’s right! Avoid any chemical treatments muna while you are preggy Ms.Shari 🙂 Since you still look fabulous naman. Blooming as always! 🙂 – Pretty Thrifty

9. September 13, 2012 / 5:38 am

you definitely have the pregnancy glow 🙂 you look really beautiful, congrats for the pregnancy! best wishes XO

10. September 13, 2012 / 5:40 am

oooh I super envy you~ cuz’ you look so sexy even though you are pregnant~ how I wish I can have the same figure as yours..*sighs*
    anyway, you look charming and blooming on all the pix, really gorgeous ^_~

11. September 13, 2012 / 1:45 pm

Nice outfit for new mom!

Im following your blog xx

donnaiveh.blogspot.sk

12. September 13, 2012 / 2:59 pm

oh wow you look awesome and I wouldn’t have known that you were pregnant until I read your post!

13. September 13, 2012 / 3:58 pm

yes! I agree with everyone! You dont look pregnant at all! Very pretty!!! ♥ You really have the glow. Shari!

-allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com

14. September 13, 2012 / 11:24 pm

This is such a lovely outfit, you look so pretty 🙂

15. September 14, 2012 / 4:43 pm

Thank you for the comment on my blog Shari, I’m a new follower it would be nice if you followed back 😀 Take care always because your a mommy now 😀

16. September 16, 2012 / 1:15 am

OMG. Thank you for visiting my blog. Awww. Cute. I’m a mom too. I have a 2 year old boy. Oh I wish I’ll get to know you better sister. I’m pretty sure we’ll get along well. I can relate with your stories! 🙂

17. September 16, 2012 / 6:58 am

You don’t look pregnant at all! ^.^ I love your top! 🙂
    If you have time, I’d love to know your opinion about my fashion blog. It’s all about my style and preferences! 🙂
    xoxo
    Luzia M.

18. September 19, 2012 / 2:39 am

Always so beautiful, Shari 🙂 I can’t say anything about morning sickness because I’ve never been through that but I sure do hate having to throw up. I get what you mean with the metallic after-taste. Ugh. I hope I didn’t just make you think about it there. But I’m really looking forward to seeing your wedding photos!! 🙂 I love weddings looking at wedding photos and videos!! 🙂 Congratulations to you and your husband 🙂

♥ Megann of Style Surgery

19. September 19, 2012 / 3:59 pm

You’re pregnant? I mean seriously, you don’t look pregnant! You are such a beautiful mom-to-be. You’re soo hot as in. Stay pretty 🙂

20. September 20, 2012 / 4:59 am

Hello my dear!! you’re so pretty.. thanks for your visiting my little blog. followed you back ♥

Take care always!

♥’s
    Cassie

21. September 20, 2012 / 12:39 pm

How could you be pregnant and fabulous at the same time?? so pretty! ^^
    and your hair looks so nice!!

x

22. October 3, 2012 / 9:03 am

Nice photos and really cool outfit, you look great, I like your pants, what a great shape and that top is so nice, the perfect touch to the outfit also you are really beautiful and your sandals rock! Your have a lovely blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

23. October 4, 2012 / 7:14 pm

I super love your outfit and your blog.. I’m your new follower,I hope you can follow my blog too! May God bless you and your baby!

:)Jillian Myka
    http;//jillianmyka.blogspot.com

24. November 20, 2012 / 12:42 am

I have these kind of pants in black too, so comfy!